It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

How should chickens be slaughtered then? Is there really any good way for them to die?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by AngryAlien

I did click on your first link, but judging by its tone and content I didn't bother with your video. I hope you find a healthy channel for all that anger. It may consume you one day

What anger? Who's angry? Just posting the otherside of the argument, in a comedic way.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33
Well they wouldn't feel pain for very long if they were thrown into a grinder.
But if they made unconscious before that they wouldn't even notice it, and the meat would be better, animals that are killed while stressed do not taste as good and their meat turns bad faster than the meat from animal killed while they unconscious.

If it was you the one being killed, how would you prefer it?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I only eat free range chicken and eggs. This spring I'll be getting my own chickens, and yes, I'll be butchering them myself.
Factory raised meat is not not healthy. Between the way they are raised and the food they are given.

I am pretty anti-vegan, because I believe humans need meat and dairy products. However, I do believe in treating the animals humanely and giving them a kind death. Happy animals, makes for healthy meat.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Not gonna lie that just made me hungry for a fresh chicken sandwhich

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatusOculus33

Sure, this video (I won't embed it) shows the right way and the wrong way. The effects are very different as you can see for yourself. I have also seen another guy do it by touching the eye of the chicken with something, I can't remember exactly how, but the chicken was dead in a flash and suffered nothing.

www.youtube.com...

I am not particularly squeamish but I can see the difference and the guy explains it well too. Cost is used as a major part of the argument to not do it this way.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I only eat free range chicken and eggs. This spring I'll be getting my own chickens, and yes, I'll be butchering them myself.
Factory raised meat is not not healthy. Between the way they are raised and the food they are given.

I am pretty anti-vegan, because I believe humans need meat and dairy products. However, I do believe in treating the animals humanely and giving them a kind death. Happy animals, makes for healthy meat.

You hit the nail on the head. Free and happy animals do make for a better end product. On the rare occasion I buy eggs (I only use them in Brownies and can't really eat almost a kilo of Brownies at once so it doesn't happen often) I go for organic free range ones too. The same with meat although I don't eat that anymore, if I were to, it must be organic and humanely killed. The second one is hard to guarantee though as far as labelling goes in Holland.
edit on 9/9/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Corrected typo

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I didn't know the flock animal thing. Sounds like he was very sad to start off with, but then who likes being abandoned? Bach? Does he cock-a-doodle-doo musically?
Sorry to hear you were the one who had to see the headless chicken. I had to google that years ago as I just couldn't understand how any creature could operate without a brain. I think I read they have a portion of their brain in their necks, hence cutting off the head doesn't work immediately as it would on us.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Humans will mock the breaking of a cock
Yellow feelings in relation to chicken dealings.
OP you have stimulated across this Planet...thought on the cruelty to animals.
May this thread grow and the suffering of Chickens and all beings lessen.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

You aren't too far from wrong about my rooster's name....it's kind of silly but you know chicken's make a sound like bakbak.....and he would do his crowing with such enthusiasum and really get into it like he was making music....so chiken sound bakbak... and music....hence the name Bach

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I am happy to be a Vegan

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Poor chickens. The only difference between them and us is that no fellow chickens will care about their fellows suffering.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Uggggh sorry about all the typos.....I had some dental work done and have been heavily medicated

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Nothing wrong with eating animals/birds along with plants, in fact we have survived as a species this long because we can eat a variety of foods and don't depend on just one type - BUT - does the killing have to be so inhumane? And do we really need to eat flesh in EVERY SINGLE MEAL?

I don't think so - in fact, most of human history, meat has been a luxury, reserved for special days or eaten in small amounts due to the difficulties of procuring enough. Most humans have been vegetarian (no fish/fowl/animal) to a large extent except where it was readily available or nothing grows out there.

If we eat animals 2-3 times a week, that is already a LOT. Somewhere that animal has to grow to maturity, eating everyday, and then be killed off and packaged and sent to a supermarket, for us to do this. We don't need to eat 20 meat-based meals every week. We can make do with 2-3 meals a week, and eat plants the rest of the time - many cuisines (espy. Italian, Indian, Southeast Asian, Oriental) have a massive diversity of plant-based recipes.

The only REASON for this sort of industrialised mass-killing of birds/animals is because people (like you and I) feel that they HAVE TO HAVE MEAT in every frickin' meal. Or most of 'em. And this massive demand means the supply needs to be there, that too at an affordable cost for the masses.

Hence the sh** they mix into the feed, the force-feeding of corn and unnatural meat to these food-animals, the disgusting manner in which they are kept indoors from birth until death (no sunlight or breeze), the assembly-line style of mass-murder, so that we can EAT MEAT.

We don't need those quantities of meat for our nutrition, to be quite honest. It is not a need. It is excess & it's a habit.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainychica
If we eat animals 2-3 times a week, that is already a LOT.
On what do you base that idea that eating animals 2-3 times a week is a LOT?

We don't need to eat 20 meat-based meals every week.
Although I eat meat (including fish), I do not eat it at breakfast, so I'm limited to a maximum of 14 meals per week.

We can make do with 2-3 meals a week, and eat plants the rest of the time - many cuisines (espy. Italian, Indian, Southeast Asian, Oriental) have a massive diversity of plant-based recipes.
Two paragraphs above it was a LOT, now we can make do?

The only REASON for this sort of industrialised mass-killing of birds/animals is because people (like you and I) feel that they HAVE TO HAVE MEAT in every frickin' meal. Or most of 'em. And this massive demand means the supply needs to be there, that too at an affordable cost for the masses.
The only for doing that way is greed, we also eat meat in Portugal and we don't need those systems to get our meat.

And it probably tastes better and is healthier.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join