It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 847
<< 844  845  846    848  849  850 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheba2011

Originally posted by TNTarheel
reply to post by sheba2011

It is a most personal connection...directly to the person's heart(?), soul(?). It cuts through the facade and self-defense mechanisms we erect around ourselves.

But it doesn't work on my husband. He (jokingly, sometimes not so jokingly) says it's because he has no soul. Is it possible to not have a soul?

I really liked your earlier post on this Sheba.

Just wanted to jump in here as I have done this exercise a lot in the past and seen it being done and it creates a huge intimacy so it is often most difficult to do it with the people you are sharing life with as it can almost be too much. Many men (and no offence to men here is intended) have a natural instinct not to become too vulnerable, particularly to their partners. This exercise can at first make people feel very exposed. With a partner I suggest doing it for short periods now and again and building up as both get comfortable. It can be really rewarding in a relationship as it really deepens it.

So in short it's not that he hasn't a soul it's that the vulnerability it brings up is a little scary.

This was actually studied by a New York psychologist. He used 3 steps:

Find a complete stranger.
Reveal to each other intimate details about your lives for half an hour.
Then, stare deeply into each other’s eyes without talking for four minutes.

New York psychologist, Professor Arthur Arun, has been studying why people fall in love. He asked his subjects to carry out the above 3 steps and found that many of his couples felt deeply attracted after the 34 minute experiment. Two of his subjects later got married.
Source

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ElGuapo1

LOL...stalking Open

Druid's most excellent recap

Peace.

EDIT: Could someone link Mara's report and Buddha's recaps? I have lost them

edit on 10/31/2011 by TNTarheel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ElGuapo1

Those who are still posting here don't really need to come to any conclusions. We have all made our own conclusions. We are now simply enjoying the friendship. Welcome to the mad hatters tea party

PS~There is cake too!

edit on 31-10-2011 by TheFool because: Flying ponies and rainbows

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Thanks again, sheba.
What you say makes sense.

A direct eye contact approach is different than looking specifically at the right eye only, even in daily interaction. This occurred to me when you mentioned moving in a triangle. My average direct eye contact involves both eyes, together, or alternating from right to left.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Thank you, onehuman, and may your Halloween be bootiful

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TNTarheel
Lol..nor does it work with mine. He can't quit laughing long enough
The last time I asked him, he just "harrumphed" and rattled his newspaper.

Well, he's happy enough gazing into my eyes as long as I want... since we first got together, we made it a practice to nearly always sit across the table from each other for dinner, so we could have direct eye contact. He'll only squirm and avoid my eyes if he's done something that got him in the dog house. LOL. Otherwise, he likes making eye contact with me.

What I meant by it "not working" is ... well, I don't know how to explain it.... and.......... I'm going to just stop there. He doesn't like me talking about him on the 'net.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhatrance

Thanks again, sheba.
What you say makes sense.

A direct eye contact approach is different than looking specifically at the right eye only, even in daily interaction. This occurred to me when you mentioned moving in a triangle. My average direct eye contact involves both eyes, together, or alternating from right to left.

I took the manual literally: it clearly indicates the right eye only, does it not? There's an X over the left. And to not allow your gaze to move back and forth or up and down, but to center on the eyeball itself. I do blink as necessary. It's actually much easier to maintain, if you focus on just one eye and not both. So I'll focus on daughter's right eye, and she focuses on my right eye.

I was wondering if there was some connection between right eye/left side of the brain?

I should add that we have seen none of this stuff where the face changes and fades. But I dunno if that really matters... because you stop noticing the person's outer appearance altogether. Time kind of stands still. I feel like I'm really *seeing* my daughter, and what I see reassures me to the depth of my core. It is hard to put into words. You know how often you might look at your kid, and see yourself? Or her father? And you cringe because you worry that she inherited your flaws. Instead I see her as her. Her own person. And, afterwards, I have this sense that "someone" is letting me know she is going to be okay. Okay from what, I don't know... I suppose safe from all the normal momma worries!

We have not tried the "pick a number" part but what is going on when she starts her bizarre talking really does seem to me to be some sort of... telepathy. But I don't know if that is the right word, because it isn't like I was thinking about alien contact.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
lol Yes, I love the "Stunion" Reports!!! Surprised no one has made a pumpkin pie for today!

I'm getting ready to start on some pumpkin muffins with cream cheese icing. Then I'll get the chili going & later tonight we can have popcorn (my husband pops it over the fire, it's very yummy!)

Happy Halloween all!!

OiO
(since it doesn't look like "open" is opening up, I'm here for the food and companionship!)
edit on 31-10-2011 by OneisOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yes, the manual tells specifically about the right eye.

I was thinking about daily interaction, when looking into people's eyes. I haven't tried the right one only. Your experiences made me want to take it out of the realm of the 'exercise' I can't do in solo mode, to putting it in practice when the chance arises spontaneously.

Rather than two people agreeing on the exercise and gazing for 3 minutes, one takes the initiative to do it in order to trigger a deeper 'contact'.

Btw, I love your experience with your daughter

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Can I come over for dinner?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It is your favorite dj here. Yes, we are just enjoying each others company now

It is still fun to talk about the oct website, but we are making our own fun. Anyways three more for you guys:

Sad-More like how this thread has gone.
Thoughtful-More of a warning.
Funny-Umm for the women again.

What a fantabulous tea party. Cheers! Pinky up!
edit on 31-10-2011 by TheFool because: more

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhatrance

So people without a right eye are screwed? Well that just plane sucks....get it? Plane.

It is all in plane sight

edit on 31-10-2011 by TheFool because: typo

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFool

Totally wrong dude!

There is a french expression which I cannot say but in English it goes:
"The tone makes the music." When people join this thread and have a generally insulting and ridiculous tone I take offence. Good humour is always appreciated here. I am English, I am more than accustomed to laughing at myself before others, its one of our characteristics, much English humour being based in self-deprecatory type humour.
Look at the Lemmy Walkers advert on Youtube if you don't believe me.
edit on 31/10/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added clarification

PS THose that cannot laugh at themselves do not deserve to get to laugh at another

edit on 31/10/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a PS

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ok guys before I go again the latest @sonion Report....

Breaking News: The Open Paradox is clearly explained by a straight talking Professor

While a lot of confusion surrounds the closed nature of the Open site, one Professor of Cyrptogymnasticology has come forward with a clear explanation.

"It's so simple!" exclaimed Professor Bud H.A. Trance. "Let me spell it out for you... When we come to the realization that we are [@ans], and activate our fpiny, the palm of our hand will catch on fire. We will then start singing a Beatles song, thinking it's a camp fire, and at that point the veil will be lifted in a Pi clockwise motion. A cat will appear and clouds in the sky will draw the symbol .[....]. In the glimpse of a right eye, we will feel safe. Now, that wasn't that hard, was it?"

Interested citizen, Gee Rower, who is currently doing a PHD on "The Importance of finding the right Beatles song to explain and deconstruct the social paradigm of homo non-sapians" sighed in relief:
"Duh, so easy...why didn't I SEE it?" she said. "So, now I just need to watch for the 'sign'? Or is it the 'realization'? Or just the palm flame? Wait...the cloud? Was I supposed to set my alarm clock, cause, ummm, I'm sorry, I forgot to. Oh, bother! I'm sorry I was such a dense pupil. Maybe if I get some blue skin it'll help my fpiny immensely!"

Professor Trance nods wisely. "You see," she clarifies further, "the reason why your fpiny hasn't been activated yet, is because you have been focusing on the material, so you have been missing the point entirely."

The Professor was also at pains to point out that all anyone has to do is locate a Middle Town church with the flying saucers above it and sit there calmly with closed eyes. Then just go within, and the realization will come. She also warns that the exercise must be undertaken on a Monday. She says: "Make sure that the palm of your hand lights up on a Monday, otherwise the effect will be too powerful and you self-combust into thin air."

"There is nothing at all to worry about here", according to Professor Trance. "Other than a box with a cyanide bottle about to break, there is absolutely nothing to worry about at all."

Tnt Ar Heel, Pâtissier and concerned citizen was not so convinced: "The problem is I have to bake a cake and so I will need to open the box to get my ingredients. The cyanide is a slight concern and Health and Safety will not be happy if there are cat hairs in my cake!"

The Professor smiled knowingly. "The trick here is to eat the cake before you bake it. Then you have nothing to worry about."

Ms Ar Heel smiled happily at this and said joyfully: "It's clear as mud now and so while it's not baking I'll do some extra research on manual 9."

Meanwhile the residents of Occupy the Furniture sent a message to say that they were not at this stage prepared to come out from behind the sofa, because in their view the box was and wasn't still there and they had no wish to experience and not experience being poisoned by cyanide at this point in time. However they agreed to continue to discuss Beatles songs and agreed that Gee Rower could mediate from behind the chair. They collectively feel that if they hit upon the right song then they may emerge and march as one to the Middle town church, where they will share an acapella version of the chosen song with the aliens.

"The long and the short of it", explains the Professor, "is that it all comes out at 42. I'm not worried about the Occupy the Furniture group. There will always be slow adapters and as long as they march on a Monday then it is unlikely that they will come to any harm. There have been too few instances of total self-combustion to date to rate them with any statistical significance."

Professor Bud H.A. Trance will be speaking at the Forum on Clear and Open Speech in California this Monday. To read Professor Trance's full paper on the Open Paradox you can go to her website.*

*Please note that access to the site is restricted to people who are experienced levitators and who can prove that they are both members of a Secret Society and are currently in deep cover in a clandestine highly classified operation.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Mara5683 because: typo

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFool

So people without a right eye are screwed? Well that just plane sucks....get it? Plane.

It is all in plane sight

edit on 31-10-2011 by TheFool because: typo

They can go straight to manual #2 (or 9)...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mara5683
Ok guys before I go again the latest @sonion Report....
*Please note that access to the site is restricted to people who are experienced levitators and who can prove that they are both members of a Secret Society and are currently in deep cover in a clandestine highly classified operation.

I guess I don't fit into the new report. As for The Beatles, I still feel this is the best song to use. Open even seemed to like it

Oh yeah, props! Great post!

edit on 31-10-2011 by TheFool because: I'm really surprised "Imagine" by John Lennon never came up.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yes, they can all look to their own "third eye," so to speak

Manual #9 can definitely help with that!
edit on 31-10-2011 by TheFool because: lol

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mara5683

OMG Mara,
choking in laughter here!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
barfu posted this on record :

You-ness
Me-ness
Us-ness
We-ness
he missed 0ne :
self-ness vs well-ness

best daft punk vid ever btw !!!

Menu of the day :
Green worms with pumpkinbrain
( Fine Italian Noodles(Tagiatelle), spinach coloured with a hint of lemon , topped with a ragout of buttersquash pumpkin and morrels)
served with afine glass of 2008 Soave La Frosca (adults only ...)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mara5683

it's today ?
ahhhh i thought it was on 12/21/2012...
missed that, so sorry

top topics

<< 844  845  846    848  849  850 >>

join