It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 512
<< 509  510  511    513  514  515 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is right in line with this thread. Check out this video Shape-shifting Octopus!. Now follow me here.

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Originally posted by smithjustinb
That was awesome.

My question is:

Were they implying there at the end that it wasn't the octopus that was changing its form, it was the octopus that was changing the way we perceive its form?

What a bizarre creature.

Good question!

I think they said after studying it frame by frame, they came to the conclusion we should be able to see it but we can't?

Even though they are colored blind, I think they were the first to develop complex eyes? I think they suggested that the octopus knows something a little more to objective reality, at least visually, than we do. It's goal isn't to simple blend in, but to take away any information that would reach the potential predator's eyes.

Other animals are good at camouflage, but it looks like the octopus is the master of disguise.

ETA: It's colored blind and takes it's cues from pattern recognition, but it somehow knows the colors around it to match perfectly right?, so perhaps that is what they meant at the end? It's picking up some kind of information someway, or distorting it... I'm at a loss for words on how to explain...

Is the cuttlefish tapping into the consciousness of the observer and react to suit it? Another astounding feat in the ocean that is along these lines is how a shark detects blood miles away. It's not as though the sharks are getting a sample of the blood itself rather they are receiving information. This that is reminiscent of how sub-atomic particles behave quantum mechanically. Particles are potentially anywhere and everywhere when unobserved then presto magic present when observed then instantly back to the other end of the universe when unobserved.

I figured this would be food for thought for folks on the oct282011 quest.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherSon
This is right in line with this thread. Check out this video Shape-shifting Octopus!. Now follow me here.

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Originally posted by smithjustinb
That was awesome.

My question is:

Were they implying there at the end that it wasn't the octopus that was changing its form, it was the octopus that was changing the way we perceive its form?

What a bizarre creature.

Good question!

I think they said after studying it frame by frame, they came to the conclusion we should be able to see it but we can't?

Even though they are colored blind, I think they were the first to develop complex eyes? I think they suggested that the octopus knows something a little more to objective reality, at least visually, than we do. It's goal isn't to simple blend in, but to take away any information that would reach the potential predator's eyes.

Other animals are good at camouflage, but it looks like the octopus is the master of disguise.

ETA: It's colored blind and takes it's cues from pattern recognition, but it somehow knows the colors around it to match perfectly right?, so perhaps that is what they meant at the end? It's picking up some kind of information someway, or distorting it... I'm at a loss for words on how to explain...

Is the cuttlefish tapping into the consciousness of the observer and react to suit it? Another astounding feat in the ocean that is along these lines is how a shark detects blood miles away. It's not as though the sharks are getting a sample of the blood itself rather they are receiving information. This that is reminiscent of how sub-atomic particles behave quantum mechanically. Particles are potentially anywhere and everywhere when unobserved then presto magic present when observed then instantly back to the other end of the universe when unobserved.

I figured this would be food for thought for folks on the oct282011 quest.

Particles are anywhere and everywhere.

Since they are that means that you can summon something at will? Make things appear out of thin air. Assuming that human have that power.

They can come together when being observed but can they come together by wanting to observe them?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Nothing like feeling like one is whistling to the wind... sigh...Good movie, more should watch it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I can't help but be alarmed. I've been watching USGS Daily for over 15 yrs and you don't see EQ in these places typically.

On 9/1 we had an earthquake with the epicenter located directly under us, Newhall CA 4.3

CO and Tx both had EQ when they don't normally have them. VA and now, JUST now Alambama?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
When are you?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
I can't help but be alarmed. I've been watching USGS Daily for over 15 yrs and you don't see EQ in these places typically.

On 9/1 we had an earthquake with the epicenter located directly under us, Newhall CA 4.3

CO and Tx both had EQ when they don't normally have them. VA and now, JUST now Alambama?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

It's from a fault line that runs all the way from there up to NY.
Not that unusual, we get small ones every now and then that most people don't even feel or know about.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patefacio
When are you?

I can only speak for myself, but for me? Now

zero point
edit on 13/9/11 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

When are you?

Eternal

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grower

Originally posted by favouriteslave

earthquake.usgs.gov...

It's from a fault line that runs all the way from there up to NY.
Not that unusual, we get small ones every now and then that most people don't even feel or know about.

Ah yes I understand that. What I'm saying is in the past two weeks many quakes have occurred in places they don't normally occur. Get my drift?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Hehehe, he is actually meaning there is an update on the oct site. The "Who am I (not who is Open)" now reads what Patefacio just posted.

PS These kind of questions are too hard for me to answer. A bit too cerebral for me.
edit on 13/9/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a PS

Are the ^'s surrounding the word time new too?
edit on 13/9/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added question

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by onehuman

Hehehe, he is actually meaning there is an update on the oct site. The "Who am I (not who is Open)" now reads what Patefacio just posted.

PS These kind of questions are too hard for me to answer. A bit too cerebral for me.
edit on 13/9/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a PS

Yep I know! Also look at the Lay/Wake. ^ time^

Eternal, now, conscious, asleep

edit on 13-9-2011 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2011 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Start > Three days of thought.

Maybe 3 days of darkness?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

I get your continental/tectonic drift.
Dutch paper warned to get ready for a 7. Where and when, sources or further info were not provided but after that 4.6 we had here last week, it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
11:11 Failed treatment to date.

It's just a number, it is what binds them,

This sequence of numbers work for they are the seed. This sequence works for it is the plant. This sequence works for it is the fruit of the plant. Thus, it will continue to spiral out and in. It will still be the seed yet it will evolve in its design to ever expand.

Weather man picks the fruit or it drops on the ground, it will expand. It is the nature of its self.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

People 'think' they're not normal because of the slowdown. But they are:

Virginia - February 21, 1774 - December 11, 1811 - January 23, 1812 - February 7, 1812 - March 9, 1828 - August 27, 1833 - April 29, 1852 - August 31, 1861 - December 22, 1875 - May 31, 1897 - February 11, 1907 - August 23, 1908 - May 8, 1910 - April 9, 1918 - September 5, 1919 - December 26, 1929 - April 23, 1959

Alabama - February 4, 1886 - February 13, 1886 - October 18, 1916 - April 23, 1957 - August 12, 1959 - June 1917 - June 1927 - May 1931 - May 1939 - Aug 29, 1975 - Aug 20, 1989 - Oct 24, 1997 - Jan 18, 1999

Colorado - December 7, 1870 - November 7, 1882 - November 15, 1901 - September 8, 1944 - August 1955 - October 11, 1960 - March 1962 (By the end of December 1962, 190 earthquakes had occurred) Over 1,300 earthquakes were recorded at Bergen Park between January 1963 and August 9, 1967 - February 16, September 29, and November 20 1962 - October 1966 - November 14, 1966 - Slighter rumblings (below magnitude 3.0) occurred throughout the remainder of 1966, and through the first week of April 1967 - April 10, 1962 - April 27, 1967 - August 9, 1967 - November 14, 1967 - November 15, 1967 - November 26, 1967 - During 1968, ten slight shocks were felt in Colorado - January 7, 1971 - August 7, August 8, 1971 - January 30, 1975 - June 10, 1978 - January 5, 1979 - March 1979 (2) - March 24, 1981 - April 2, 1981 - November 1, 1981 - Several earthquakes occurred in 1982 - August 14, 1983 - February 25, 1984 - April 12, 1984 April 22, 1984 - This series of earthquakes continued during the month of May - March 16, 1985 - April 10, 1986 - May 9, 1986 - August 17, 1986 - August 25, 1986 - September 21, 1986 - September 14, 1987 - January 15, 1988

etc, etc, etc...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

This sequence of numbers work for they are the seed. This sequence works for it is the plant. This sequence works for it is the fruit of the plant. Thus, it will continue to spiral out and in. It will still be the seed yet it will evolve in its design to ever expand.

Weather man picks the fruit or it drops on the ground, it will expand. It is the nature of its self.

On the site or your own musings?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheba2011

ummm my musings of what I gathered from the movie? They actually interlock.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

When are you?

Spent the day vacillating between now and taking dips into the past. Deep past. Past life stuff. 1600s. That was when the 9999 phone calls kept ringing.

Does reading this thread count as "now" or what? Does allowing my imagination to enjoy its frequent flights of fancy count as "now"? Does watching videos count as now?

I am skeptical of this whole "now" concept. It's nice convenient .... platitude. As humans with human brains, there is no "now" because our brains play it all back on a delay. So for example when I was engaged with my coworkers or my family today, that sure felt like "now" because I wasn't thinking about past or present I was tuned into them. When I made dinner I was tuned into making dinner and not making lists in my head of things I needed to do later. But to me that's not NOW.

No, NOW is different.

The octopus in that video lives in the true NOW. I can get there from time to time but then it's like being on acid (though I've never touched the stuff) and it's hard to operate in real life.

Can anyone relate?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheba2011

ummm my musings of what I gathered from the movie? They actually interlock.

Which movie? Sorry to be dense. The Nines, or Pi? I'd like to watch them both when I get a chance to devote my full attention (busy work week so this thread is nice break between fires I'm putting out, but I don't have nice big block of time for a movie much less the novel I really want to finish). What you wrote above caught my attention because it deeply deeply resonates. So tell me which movie, as I will bump it to the head of my free time list.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sheba2011

... and actually if it's not asking too much the "reader's digest" condensed version extrapolating on what you said... I would love to read it...

top topics

<< 509  510  511    513  514  515 >>

join