It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old boy jailed for 30 years

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

No, it comes from president -> congress who are religous.

I didn't know the President and Congress made all the laws.... So how do you explain State Law? Did the President make those also?

As far as the OP... the article clearly leaves out many many details that I can not form any type of opinion without knowing the facts. One thing that does stand out to me though is how this judge originally sent this 12 year old boy to an Adult Prison. Regardless of what he has done, regardless of his sentence, no 12 year old boy should ever be housed in Adult Prison for any length of time. Thankfully he has been moved to a juvi facility.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
this is totally ridiculous. A 12 year old kid has a brain that physically is not finished developing, This is why we term them "children" and not "adults".

Shame on Indiana. Shame on all of us for letting this happen.

I'm moving to #ing Canada

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This is what happens when you turn your back on reality and never fight back.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
They will try him as an adult.

When he is convicted he will be put into the Juvenile system.

When he turns 17 or 18 they will then transfer him to the big jail house. You guy's make it out like he'll be sent straight to the big boys prison where he will be raped and killed if he doesn't stick up for himself, hence why he would be put into a Juvenile jail until he is 17. The kid pulled the trigger, the kid planned it all out. He is guilty, end of story.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Brokenbackrest

No, YOU fail so much, by falling for this little cretin's family propaganda. Of course they are going to say that he is innocent, never pulled the trigger, but the fact is, he is a little psychopath who needs to be kept locked up.

You said in another post that he killed an innocent man..but makes you so sure this step father was so innocent. What could have this man done to have young boys plot his death?...

All you can spout off is that this boy needs to be severely punished..and do any of us know the back story?

It nauseates me that replies like yours get so many stars..and it makes me wonder how many callous hearted people peruse this site....

May your karma come back at ya in spades.

edit on 19-8-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i think it is a steep sentence for a 12 year old, i believe he should be punished but that sounds way to high to me.

i have lived in some area's in my life where gangs plague area's and make them no-go area's for the majority of people, and i know for a fact that they use and influence the younger kids into doing crime on their behalf, they know the younger kids will get a slap on the wrist and be let out again within hours.

so although i believe 30 years at 12 is steep, i believe they still need to be punished. where would it lead once gangs realise that if a 12 year old pulls the trigger or is involved they get away with it or get a menial sentence.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brokenbackrest

Wheras in European countries, especially Nordic Countries it is based more on Rehabilitation

Which is why we get things like the Norway shootings. Crime is crime, and a punishment must be harsh no matter how old the person is.

Whoa whoa whoa, I didn't just read this here. Crime is crime? Punishment must be harsh?

This is such flawed logic on so many levels.

Let's say a 5 year old steals a person's checkbook that was lying out the open and uses it to write a check to help with their parents debt.

Versus a 45 year old man who does the same thing, but, uses said check for personal gains such as alcohol or payment of debts.

You'd have to be insane to give them the same punishment. Children simply don't know everything, even if they do know the difference between right and wrong, good and evil. Children have a completely different view of the world, trust me it shows. You can't punish someone for doing something they didn't do, or didn't knowingly do wrong. That has nothing to do with "Justice" or it being "the law."

A tree falls on someone's house and kills everyone in it. What are you gonna do? Sue the city for not having "tornado proof trees"?

It's so ridiculous and illogical, just...

Deny Ignorance, seriously.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

Wow you people sound like the people that originally called for the West Memphis three to hang, and they just got released.

Dna pointed to the step father of one of the three boys, and these three kids lost 18 years of their lives due to the same Justice system that is punishing this child.

reading this story, and seeing the responses to this calling for this kid to lose his entire future It makes me think maybe its best the U.S. slowly collapses in on itself, this is a result of things like Education spending getting cut instead of stopping our wars abroad, its a damn shame.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
this is over reacting at a high level

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
It nauseates me that replies like yours get so many stars..and it makes me wonder how many callous hearted people peruse this site....

May your karma come back at ya in spades.

Maybe you should spend more time feeling sorry for the victims family gabriel? Their posts get stars because most sane people believe in justice for the victims of senseless crime. I wonder how you would feel if the victim had been someone that you know? You speak of Karma coming back to the poster that you responded to? Well now, What a peaceful, unforgiving, non-violent person you have shown yourself to be.
~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Your talking vengeance not justice.

the quality of being just; righteousness, equitableness, or moral rightness: to uphold the justice of a cause.
rightfulness or lawfulness, as of a claim or title; justness of ground or reason:

What is equitable or morally right with not trying to rehab a 12 year old? to just lock him away for life, yes if he killed with intent at the age of 12 it would call for some serious time and counseling, this sentence is excessive.

Justice is not about appeasing the victim what so ever, That usually is a byproduct of Justice, but not the core reason behind it.

edit on 19-8-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Maybe you should spend more time feeling sorry for the victims family gabriel? Their posts get stars because most sane people believe in justice for the victims of senseless crime. I wonder how you would feel if the victim had been someone that you know? You speak of Karma coming back to the poster that you responded to? Well now, What a peaceful, unforgiving, non-violent person you have shown yourself to be. ~SheopleNation

Until I find out why 4 boys wanted to kill one of their friends fathers..I stand by what I say...and I will tell you..if one of my family members died in such a way..I would still want to know why ..and try my best to find the real answers. If it turned out to be a senseless crime..there is noway that I would want a twelve year old kid to spend 30 years in prison , and hope he gets transferred to an adult prison where he gets raped and abused for years, like the one poster said that I addressed.

I never painted myself out to be anything of what you accuse me of...by the way..but I see this as very unfair to a 12 year old..and some of the comments made about his criminal intentions,and how he should be treated were ruthless.

trying to turn this on to me is a cheap shot....

may your karma come back to you as well...

(by the way..how many other id's do you post under on here
)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
reply to post by Brokenbackrest

A preteen mind is very malleable. He can be reformed and as a civilized society it is our duty to do so. No man or family is an island. Your primitive views on punishment should also be reformed. You are welcome to join us in the 21st century western society culture any time you feel like leaving your cave and goats. Good luck.

I confess right now that I was a preteen and my mind was definitely malleable, here is a list of my malleable crimes.
Throwing eggs at cars.
Throwing snowballs at cars.
Drinking beer at the young age of 15 and puked for days too.
Drove a Moped without a license.
Busted up some Christmas lights in the neighbourhood.
That last one I feel bad about, the eggs on the cars I learned real fast that people can and will catch you and slap the crap out of you.
Shooting somebody? You got to be out of your mind......for real.....
Lock him up.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar

I am European, in American eyes that means I am a Communist Nazi and should be on the Axis of Evil list.

Just because you want to inact revenge, doesnt mean we all do.

In fact people have been murdered in lots of countries, and families called for no retialiation against the murder as that would put the families in the same position, they have a conscience too.

edit on 19-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

I get that you wouldn't want to enact revenge, so again, what would you want to happen to a person that brutally murders a family member of yours?

And, of course, I would never wish something that awful on someone, it's just a good way to drill down to a point. It's easier to see where someone stands when things are personal.
edit on 8/19/2011 by DelMar because: guud spellar

Cool I get to quote myself.

Jenna, I saw that you came back to the thread, would you mind answering my question?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
i just needed to say this.
you're talking about harsh punishments, do you consider solitary confinment a 'harsh' punishment?
please answer this question because then i know you're way of thinking.

i say solitary confinement as a legalized form of torture.

edit on 19-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

Not really, as prisoners are provided with food, water, heat, a bed, clothes, showers, a private toilet etc.

really?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

if a toilet, shared by 6 people, is a private toilet to you, so be it.

do a little home experiment.

go to your room, lock yourself in there for a weak and see how you cope.
and you probably have a tv/pc/xbox on your room so you can enjoy yourself.

but can you IMIGANE being locked up for 23 hours a day, deprived of all incentives.
and the 1 hour you're out of your cell, you got to work out in ANOTHER cage.

INHUMAN

There are 6 people in solitary confinement?
week*
in your room*
imagine*
Thought I would fix those for you.

Also not every inmate is locked in a room for 23 hours. The majority of them are on the mainline. The 23 hour a day cells are usually reserved for the people who do stupid acts to get themselves in prison then once there, continue to do stupid acts and then HAVE to be locked in there so they will stop hurting other people.
Newsflash : Dont do things that land you in prison in the first place!
It's no ones fault but their own. They broke the law... they went to jail. Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

. Good riddance. His family should lose all social security payments as well should they be getting any.

You fail so much...
The kid is 12,.

he is a little psychopath who needs to be kept locked up.

I agree that there is a psychopath being exposed here...but I don't see it as a 12 year old boy

Karma dictates later on in life, you will be trying to show reason to some idiots over something that effects you..I do not wish that on you, but the universe has a way of teaching people errored ways of thinking through example of wisdom doesn't work. Tighten up.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

They broke the law... they went to jail. Simple as that.

If only that could apply to all the elite who have broken the laws...the world might be a better place.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

It's no ones fault but their own. They broke the law... they went to jail. Simple as that.

I agree 100 %
Regards Iwinder

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin

Kids dude...kids.
I am not a child lover..I have none, I want none (well, indifferent really)...but even I have enough coherent thinking to know that at 12 years old, although I knew the difference between right and wrong to an extent, it was simply an intellectual understanding, no core understanding. its why juvy was created, because they are not mentally the same as an adult.

Think back to when you were 12. Now, imagine you did something stupid back then...are you the same exact person now as you were then, enough to still be punished for it right now? If you are, then you stopped mentally developing at 12 incidently..

No, this judge is retarded...and I wonder what the true reason is behind this overall. Imagine this 12 year old boy sitting in the same room for years on end with some hardened (in various ways) criminal...if that in itself doesn't suddenly bug you, then you may have other issues going on here.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join