It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old boy jailed for 30 years

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is the type of crap that Americans should be putting a end to, we should all go to the prison and burn the #ing place down. Maybe then they would realize their system sucks and change it.

But no sadly internet/tv > freedom and human rights.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Dont bother me, I wouldnt doubt it if I was on the domestic terrorist watch list for how bad I talk about my own country

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This is my problem with ATS posters sometimes, they don't do any fact-checking and perpetuate sensationalist propaganda. Do some research and you will discover the truth of this story. The real issue is thus: a 12 year-old commits a violent, premeditated crime and how to ethically, morally, and socially effective way deal with such a crime. 30 years sounds harsh, but in actuality he will probably be out in a handful.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMagician
Yes, lets just lock our problems away. We can just keep them in their own little space and forget about it right?

Did locking away and/or ignoring something ever solve the problem? Absolutely not.

We need to DEAL with things.

How did the 12 year old get to this position? Who is responsible for setting up the circumstances leading to his committing murder?

Or we just label him as crazy and lock him up while we wait for the next "POTE" (Product of Their Environment)
to kill someone.

Oh yes it's someone else's fault not the killers. He is 12 years old and has already murdered someone in cold blood and tried to cover it up so he could get away with it. You people are right sending him to prison is a waste of time. They should have just taken him behind the courthouse and put a couple of hollow points behind his ear. All cold blooded killers should be put to death.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by BadMagician
Yes, lets just lock our problems away. We can just keep them in their own little space and forget about it right?

Did locking away and/or ignoring something ever solve the problem? Absolutely not.

We need to DEAL with things.

How did the 12 year old get to this position? Who is responsible for setting up the circumstances leading to his committing murder?

Or we just label him as crazy and lock him up while we wait for the next "POTE" (Product of Their Environment)
to kill someone.

Oh yes it's someone else's fault not the killers. He is 12 years old and has already murdered someone in cold blood and tried to cover it up so he could get away with it. You people are right sending him to prison is a waste of time. They should have just taken him behind the courthouse and put a couple of hollow points behind his ear. All cold blooded killers should be put to death.

+1 Sharia Law.

edit on 19-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by ForeverDusk

Originally posted by snarfbot
reply to post by ExPostFacto

thou shalt not kill is the most fundamental law there is.

Yes, but our law does not come from the Bible.

Are you saying there is no religous people in power in America?

Thats a new one.

No, He said that "our law does not come from the Bible". ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Originally posted by ForeverDusk

Originally posted by snarfbot
reply to post by ExPostFacto

thou shalt not kill is the most fundamental law there is.

Yes, but our law does not come from the Bible.

Are you saying there is no religous people in power in America?

Thats a new one.

No, He said that "our law does not come from the Bible". ~SheopleNation

No, it comes from president -> congress who are religous.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Ok, he fired a gun that was [according to the site] forced into his hand by the older boy. He tried to talk the kid out of what he was planning. I'm not saying he should walk away free and be playing little league tomorrow. I'm just trying to put myself into the kids state of mind at the time. He is with an older kid it says bullied him and even shot him with bb guns. He is probably scared of the kid anyway because now instead of a bb gun he's holding a real gun. Then the kids dad charges at them and he instinctively pulls the trigger. Something I'm sure he'd never done before. The man already had a fatal wound from his sons gun before the 12 year old fired his gun. The only thing that he could have done differently is not be in the situation in the first place. Once he was inside that house I can't see how the events could have played out different. He tried to talk him out of it, which shows he didn't want to kill anyone.

This boy should be given some time, maybe until he is 18 but 30 years is ridiculous.

I've already admitted I have a bias but even if I didn't I cant see giving a 12 year old 30 years.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

No, it comes from president -> congress who are religous.

I wasn't aware that class was in session. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm a fan of rehab over punishment. You spank a child to get it to stop. You don't go on to spank it everyday after it stops. We Americans need to drop our outrage and self righteousness toward our fellow citizens. You read this board, so you know we're all victims of something greater. America creates its monsters.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I find it funny that you say that and have a ron paul picture for your avatar.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
I'd like to agree with you, but I don't know anything about the case. His defense team isn't going to paint a target on him, they'll try to make the judge and jury sound ridiculous. What exactly was his role in all of this?

A 12 year old is far too young to be able to make good decisions, but on the other hand is old enough to know that murder is wrong. I already knew that at the age of 6, if not earlier. 12 seems extremely young, it is, but people forget that 12 year old kids have fairly high intelligence by that age.

30 years in prison isn't going to rehabilitate him. If anything, he'll graduate from criminal school with honors by the time he gets out. He'll likely be more dangerous later in life. Depending on what actually happened, I'd probably send him to psychiatric evaluation and keep him there for a few years just to make sure he's O.K. in the head.

Would you be OK in the head if you were 12 years old, taken AWAY from your family, put into some strange place away from all of your friends and your stuff, surrended by strangers who see you as a PATIENT? Would you not develop a complex thinking that since you are seen as a patient, that something is wrong with you? And all this... for years and to make sure hes OK in the head? That is so stupid, even if he was OK in the head he wouldn't be after all that....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
I'm a fan of rehab over punishment. You spank a child to get it to stop. You don't go on to spank it everyday after it stops. We Americans need to drop our outrage and self righteousness toward our fellow citizens. You read this board, so you know we're all victims of something greater. America creates its monsters.

You don't spark a child to get him to stop. By that point I'm sure he's not doing what he was that got him in trouble. You spank a child to show them there are consequences and punishments for their actions, which is in and of itself a form of rehabilitation.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

I don't believe the listed statistics on the map link (regarding violent crime rates at least) are based upon a number sample, i.e. for example per 100,000 population but are total, and would be expected to be significantly higher merely base upon the fact of greater population.

Yes you are correct, Britain has low crime, America has HUGE endemic crime. But compared to Scandanavian countries, Britian has high crime , my reference was reletive to them not reletive to Ameriica sorry if that was confusing.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.

UK is violent crime capital of Europe

Higher per 100,000 murder rate (US around 6 per 100,000 to UK 2.9 per 100,000), but not higher violent crime rates, many nations are significantly higher.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

At 12 years of age I new the difference between right and wrong, the whole young offenders act is garbage and needs to be changed. Furthermore, his parents should also receive punishment for lack of proper parenting. I am tired of reading these cases where one individual is killed and no one is held accountable.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I think in the end it will work out for him. 12 year old getting raped in prison isn't such a good thing to have on your state's record, nor the prison's.

I think I'll go look up the judge now. I'm noticing an ongoing trend with bad judges this generation.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Brokenbackrest

And you know better than every other poster here do you? You trolls make me laugh sometimes with your total lack of sense.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The issue isn't putting kids in jail, it's letting the adults out.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by Brokenbackrest
He shot the man and tried to cover it up, now he will pay for his crimes. Good riddance. His family should lose all social security payments as well should they be getting any.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Brokenbackrest because: (no reason given)

You fail so much...

Paul Henry Gingerich is serving a prison sentence for the shooting that killed a friend’s step-father. Even though he didn’t pull the trigger — or know that he was going to be a part of the murder plot — Gingerich was sentenced to 30 years in jail.

Can't you read?

Even if he had pulled the triigger, the kid is freaking 12. He should go in jail for the rest of his life... he should be in counseling/rehabilitation... mental facility...

The kid is 12, you can still put him on the right track.

Id rather listen to the court documents than just some random news article that could have bias.... The court documents wont lie.... Not saying this article is lying.... But if this boy got such a sentence,there very well could be more to this story then we are hearing....

That said,just be glad he wasn't in Texas. He would have gotten the death penalty :/

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I made this remark because someone from Germany is bashing America about neo Nazi when it originated in Germany. Just a bit of a hypocrite if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join