It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE IOWA GOP DEBATE- Your reactions ATS?! *LIVE*

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What would be a hoot would be if Palin announced her bid to run.
Just to see liberal heads explode would be worth it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ron Paul won hands down. Check the polls on Fox News he is leading by 3000+ votes. This happend last time too didnt it?

link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well ignoring something never makes it go away, usually it only comes back more powerful when you least expect it.

If his support gets too strong they will drop him from the debates. He will also be under attack for saying he wouldn't vote for the Civil Rights act, and the Ron Paul Newsletters will resurface again.

edit on 11-8-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

link   
Its so amusing when people not unlike a good many of us here in this forum can see clearly how the MSM keeps down candidate Paul, tonight being no exception as was expected. What did he get a total of like 3 questions?

I also could not help but hone in how during the post debate wrap up Hannity says specifically to Lundtz "Lets talk about Cain, Santorum and Paul". Cain (Yada, yada, yada) Santorum (Yada, yada, YADA) and oh now we're on to another subject and out of time.

Its encouraging the conversations that I dare to have with my fellow Americans when the opportunity presents itself and there is a genuine feeling of discontent and a desire to fix the problems we are now faced with. I normally will interject the question "So have you given any consideration as to who you plan to vote for"? Nine times out of ten I get something like "All politicians are corupt" or "I dont like any of them" Now that the bait is set I go for the hook. "Have you heard of Ron Paul"... Ron who... (is it any wonder)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I thought Ron Paul nailed it as usual, but his views have always been consistant so it's not a surprise really. I thought Gingrich did pretty well, I really like how he attacked the media. Cain was sort of a no show honestly, and Romney was his usual sleazeball self, just spinning everything.

Bachmann, Pawlenty, and Santorum looked juvenile, that's about it.

Everyone knows Perry is going to get it. As much as I love Dr. Paul and support and promote him as much as possible here at home, the establishment wants Perry, and that's what they'll get.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They wouldn't explode....they'd be laughing all the way too the bank.

Many Republican heads would explode though.....they don't want her up there debating.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
i wish perry would hurry up and start debating

we need someone else to trashtalk

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
After watching this debate the blatantly OBVIOUS puppets are Romney, Pawlenty, & Hunstman.

Everyone else seemed at LEAST a little passionate about what they're doing.

I'd say my two favorites were Ron Paul (obviously) and Gingrich (had some good answers).

Cain was well-spoken again but not much substance, Bachmann showed weakness, and Santorum seriously needs to be declared clinically insane, that guy is balls to the walls NUTS!

This debate is like a circus, they should've been fair with all candidates on questions and timing and the whole thing was just terribly moderated.
edit on 11-8-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Of course no Ron Paul after the debate....what a joke

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by beezzer

They wouldn't explode....they'd be laughing all the way too the bank.

Many Republican heads would explode though.....they don't want her up there debating.

Maybe. Maybe not.
It'd be better than what we have now.
You betcha'

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well at least they weren't asked "Coke" or "Pepsi" this time

Lookslike the replay is restarting....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lspilot6946

Of course no Ron Paul after the debate....what a joke

Lol...in 2008 hannity interviewed him after the debate.....he beat up RP...but he at least had him on.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
hey now the coke pepsi question was valid

red for coke aka republicans

blue for pepsi aka democrats aka the new generation of posers.

i am surprised people dont get that.

coke is the real thing people!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
hey now the coke pepsi question was valid

red for coke aka republicans

blue for pepsi aka democrats aka the new generation of posers.

i am surprised people dont get that.

coke is the real thing people!!!!

Snapple.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Did Fox pull the poll, how funny, there is no end to these guys. Clue - You cant kill an idea!

2nd line

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Seems to be some harsh words being thrown around this time.

Pawlenty calling Bachmann spinless

Newt calling out the host , "Mickey-Mouse games", host firing back...

I love the way Newt stood Wallace down. All Wallace could do is sit with his painted face in an expression of absolute stone like the corporate media robot he is.
edit on 11-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I had to stop at "This should be interesting"... uh, no it wont.

Try this... watch hours and hours of these ridiculous debates from the past, lets say from from 1970 until now.. then compare the end result to promise ratio..

Just how meaningful are these (dumbass) debates?.. they mean NOTHING, serve no purpose other than distracting those who still think their vote matters.. your "leaders" are chosen by hand picked GOP & DNC lackeys AKA "electoral college"..

US foreign policy was decided for you 20 years ago.. in the land of the free you cant vote away war.. you must choose between supporting GOP bloodshed, or DNC bloodshed.. death with a scowl, or a smile..

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
This example shows the fundamental PROBLEM with FORCING people TO GET HEALTH CARE:

Owning/driving a car is a PRIVILAGE- not a right.
And as such, mandatory car insurance is logical, and appropriate.

HOWEVER-
BEING ALIVE IS A RIGHT.
Hell, it's the ultimate right.
And it's unconstitutional to force a policy on a right.
And it's just wrong.

It is called personal responsibility. Everyone needs medical care at one point or another and with skyrocketing costs, the ability of people to pay for their cancer treatment or reconstructive surgery and rehab out of pocket has shrunk so far that my medical costs include the expenses brought on by people who feel they are "free" to not have health insurance. I am sick of paying for their freedom.

Other than that, this was a fantastic little debate. It kind of made everyone look like the character of themselves they really are. Romney has some smiling answers and the debate runners on his side, Paul gets questioned now and then, everyone else is either angry or boring. This looked a lot more like a show I would expect to see on Fox than an actual debate.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
One thing that came out loud and clear in the debate. Ron Paul's statement on the Fed. It's the most gutsy thing any of them said. His stance on marijuana will not get him the mass vote though.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Interesting, paul and gingrich leading the way....no one else is really close. My city doesn't have any votes, but the major one I live next to is green.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join