It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE IOWA GOP DEBATE- Your reactions ATS?! *LIVE*

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Surprise, surprise.... Drudge's headline article has absolutely no mention of Ron Paul

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Screw the media for no mention of paul, he was great tonight.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ddaniel
Surprise, surprise.... Drudge's headline article has absolutely no mention of Ron Paul

People fear Ron Paul because there would be 'Ron Paul Revolution' when he goes head-to-head with Barry Obama.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Bachman just said, "congress was given a BLANK check for 2.4 trillion." If you have missed the show here is a summary (sorry don't know how to embed)

www.youtube.com...

Some will see but without understanding others will venture to find the truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Again, the neo-cons hate Ron Paul.

He'll never get the nomination.

For one,most of his policies aren't for helping Israel...that is a definite no no to a neo con....plus Paul is for raising tariffs...a huge NO NO for corporations.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267

People fear Ron Paul because there would be 'Ron Paul Revolution' when he goes head-to-head with Barry Obama.

I'm pretty sure most of tonights candidates could go head-to-head with Barry and come out victorious. The man cannot think without a teleprompter
edit on 11-8-2011 by ddaniel because: typo

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Bachmann on Hannity
She makes more sense here at least
BUT
Since they won't bring Paul on, have to say, "Shame, shame!"
*wags finger*

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here is my non-biased take on the results:

Newt Gingrich | +9
Ron Paul | +7
Mitt Romney | +3
Herman Cain | +1
Michele Bachmann | 0
Jon Huntsman | -2
Rick Santorum | -3
Tim Pawlenty | -8

The Sheeple will like Newt Gingrich coming out of this; it definitely gives him a big jump but is it enough to knock anyone else out of their positions? He could easily jump ahead of Huntsman, Pawlenty, Santorum, and Cain. Ron Paul I think impassioned his supporters and enraged his opponents tonight when he got fired up but unfortunately the RINO neocons occupy a large slot in the GOP primaries so… that could embolden his opponents but I think he can make gains now that he has warmed up his followers.

Romney will maintain his leading of the pack as he did the perfect Thomas Dewey campaign, be as neutral as possible, anger no one and impassion no one, just focus on the prize and keep the words restrained. Cain and Bachmann will not get much movement out of these debates because neither stood out enough. Huntsman is just not the candidate this year, simple as that. The voters want a candidate who will be able to lash out at everything that has a hint of Democrat on it, he cannot do that.

Santorum might have helped himself among the RINO crowd with his antagonism of Paul but other than that he offered nothing new to the crowd and will largely be forgotten by morning. Pawlenty picked a fight which buried him, he just looked like a bully who is jealous of Bachmann because she has higher poll numbers than him… that set him back big time.

My biased take on the results:

Paul was romping and was truly passionate
Gingrich did surprisingly good, especially with his attacks on the media
Romney kept the image of himself as leader
Cain stuck to his typical quick talking points to get applause
Bachmann seemed to just fall behind, deflating is a better word
Huntsman is not cut out for a run in the GOP this year, period
Santorum was a complete antagonist who built his debate on attempting to destroy Paul
Pawlenty proved to be a jealous little baby throwing a temper tantrum against Bachmann

Ron Paul | +10
Newt Gingrich | +5
Mitt Romney | +1
Jon Huntsman | 0
Herman Cain | -2
Michele Bachmann | -3
Tim Pawlenty | -8
Rick Santorum | -10

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Earlier I thought I heard them say Paul and Cain would also be interviewed post-debate?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

plus Paul is for raising tariffs

He doesn't want to raise tariffs. Do you have source for that? The poor and middle class tend to buy thier goods from China, I doubt he would be dumb enough to make those goods more expensive. Especially during a recession.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

I'm pretty sure most of tonights candidates could go head-to-head with Barry and come out victorious. The man cannot think without a teleprompter

Really? Not even Santorum? Newt?

Let's be realistic here man!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Herman Cain certainly got my attention this evening though I think he didn't get as much attention as Bachmann, Pawlenty or Romney. I am going to be watching him more closely. He seems to be able to see an issue from more than one angle. I like that. I think he really stood out from the others
Besides being a proponant of the FairTax, I think he may be the sort of non-politician we may need to combat the business as usual in beltway.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Earlier I thought I heard them say Paul and Cain would also be interviewed post-debate?

Then I will apologise to Fox. But Hannity is still a doofus.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

He doesn't want to raise tariffs. Do you have source for that? The poor and middle class tend to buy thier good from China, I doubt he would be dumb enough to make those goods more expensive. Especially during a recession.

I thought he was..but I did check. He voted against most of the free trad policies. Here is a quote from Wiki:

Paul is a proponent of free trade and rejects protectionism, advocating "conducting open trade, travel, communication, and diplomacy with other nations."[46] He opposes many free trade agreements (FTAs), like the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA),[47] stating that "free-trade agreements are really managed trade"[48] and serve special interests and big business, not citizens.[49] He voted against the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA), holding that it increased the size of government, eroded U.S. sovereignty, and was unconstitutional.[47] He has also voted against the Australia–U.S. FTA, the U.S.–Singapore FTA, and the U.S.–Chile FTA, and voted to withdraw from the WTO. He believes that "fast track" powers, given by Congress to the President to devise and negotiate FTAs on the country's behalf, are unconstitutional, and that Congress, rather than the executive branch, should construct FTAs.[49]

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I didn't like Newt coming out of this- his gotcha gotcha stop the gotcha sounded avoidant to me.
I did like what he said about the fed, but I knew that was a play out of RP's book.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I watched it all, and it seemed to me the only one who was not playing the "blame game" (blaming Obama for it all) and the only one who did not try to "spin" the answer to the questions was Dr. Ron Paul. I see by the poll results at Fox News he won the debate hands down. Go Ron Paul!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
That was so painful to watch, so so so painful.

I doubt Ron Paul will make it and if he doesn't, I'll be casting my vote for Obama.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pandora0629

Yeah... he also stands out as being a former head of the Kansas City Fed who just happens to be opposed to auditing it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by ddaniel

I definitely wouldn't allow either of them to talk our way out of a tight spot...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by ddaniel

Did you watch the debate? Newt performed quite well, actually.

My only point is that Obama is horrible at unstructured debate/interviews. He cannot think on his feet.

This is a tangent though... main point: Ron Paul is the man
edit on 11-8-2011 by ddaniel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join