It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE IOWA GOP DEBATE- Your reactions ATS?! *LIVE*

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I do believe he voted against all free-trade agreements because he just wants the borders open to completely free-trade no strings attached. Obviously, I could be wrong. And while you and I are both adamant about the tariff issue I could never let one issue, even though it is very important, stop me from supporting him. Almost everything else he says is just too good.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

In a way he's right. There is no real need to audit the Fed, the Fed simply needs to be subjected to the same laws regarding fraud and counterfeiting that everyone else is forced to obey. Nothing special.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
That was so painful to watch, so so so painful.

I doubt Ron Paul will make it and if he doesn't, I'll be casting my vote for Obama.

It's hard to tell sarcasm over the internet, but please tell me this was said tongue-in-cheek?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

Did you watch the debate? Newt performed quite well, actually

I didn't get to watch the whole thing b/c of work...but plan on catching the rerun. But with Newt, was mostly regarding to his disastrous campaign thus far.

Actually thought he got a bad rap for criticizing Paul Ryans plan, but he helped get us into all of the free trade agreements...he's one of the biggest job killers of them all.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ddaniel

It might not have been tongue in cheek.
I'll vote for RP but none of those other folks. I'll vote for Obama again if they republicans don't give me Paul.
It's why I voted for Obama last time.
I don't like him, but he's still better than these tools.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Source

With 179 days left before the Iowa Caucuses, the American people are increasingly turned off by what they are learning about the Republican presidential candidates and who they fight for. Instead of new ideas that give the middle class more security, we hear the same old policies that carve out special benefits for the special interests. Instead of a new approach that puts party aside and America first, we hear a rigid and extreme ideology that asks working and middle class families to carry the entire load.

This is why the GOP is seeing its support erode significantly. In two recent polls the GOP is seeing some of the highest negative ratings ever-driven in large part by their willingness to let the extreme Tea Party dictate the Republican Party's agenda and take over the party, with the 2012 Republican candidates following their lead.

And of course the GOP fired back.

The DNC did not even care enough about Santorum, Gingrich, or Paul to include their names in the attack. We all know Santorum and Gingrich have been polling at or below 5% for a while now but Paul is at almost 15% and in third place, why not include him before someone like Huntsman who is down around 2%? Does the establishment have the feeling that if somehow they ignore Paul he will magically disappear, as though he just does not exist?

Well ignoring something never makes it go away, usually it only comes back more powerful when you least expect it.

link   
As an Australian watching on with avid interest, I hope the American people vote Ron Paul in.

Ron Paul will be left holding the bag when the # hits the fan, but he will be the most capable of dealing with it. If Americans are stupid enough to vote Obama back into office then they deserve everything they get.

I implore the American people to do what is right and vote Ron Paul into office. The outcome of this next election will effect everyone on the globe.

link   
If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?

Bachmann; Oak
Cain; Oak
Romney; Oak
Pawlenty; Oak
Paul: Oak
Gingrich; Oak
Huntsman; Oak
Santorum; Firetruck

THAT'S what I got out of the debate.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ron Paul already won per Fox News Results yet I doubt they will ever admit to it. Him and Newt wiped the floor with the rest of them. Cant beat experience...

www.topix.com...#

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
unless people write ron paul in on the ballots he doesnt have a chance

you can bet your last dollar someone else will get the nomination

and thats the way it is.

and i like paul but thats the only way if people speak in a loud coherent loud voice

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?

Bachmann; sap
Cain; sap
Romney; weeping willow
Pawlenty; shrub
Paul: the great oak or redwood
Gingrich; Oak
Huntsman; sap
Santorum; the kind of tree i let my dogs pee on

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I do believe he voted against all free-trade agreements because he just wants the borders open to completely free-trade no strings attached. Obviously, I could be wrong. And while you and I are both adamant about the tariff issue I could never let one issue, even though it is very important, stop me from supporting him. Almost everything else he says is just too good.

Now, this has me confused a bit...he's against free trade agreements...but is for free trade....but that can never work without every nation trading with us agreeing to trade freely.

Looks like I may have been wrong with my original assertion.

As for the rest of his policies,

I'm with him on foreign policy (most of it), full audit of the fed, and some other things.

There is just too much I don't like that I could never support...regardless of his explanations. There used to be a time when I was a big supporter of him...but the more I learned, the more I did not like. Much of it just far too extreme.

This is however his last shot at getting the Presidency....he would turn 80 at the end of his first term should he win. Don't know how much more gas he has in him.

---------

I'm about ready to throw in the towel anyway, the only guy right now I'd vote for, for President, will simply not run this cycle.

Hope he does in 2016. The next 5 years are going to suck.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Ron Paul can take the crossover votes. I'm actually fairly liberal on a lot of things, but he's MY CHOICE.
I think he'd be the choice of all the left leaning libertarians - in addition to conservatives.

Paul is at least an honest man. Me, he'd be OK, given another 10-15 Constitutional Amendments first--which he would obey.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's going to be Perry.

He'll have the full backing of Fox News, he's from Texas, and will get the religious vote.

It's will be Bush all over again.

Thought it was Romney before, but after everything that has happened today, Perry announcing his run, Romney HUGE GAFFE...

Looks like Perry to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well, IMO the headline should read "Fox News Makes their Own Reality"

Don't republicans see it? Doesn't it infuriate them?
Ron Paul definitely had the most applause and support from the crowd.
But as soon as the debate was over, they had a pundit on saying Gingrich did.

And they have not MENTIONED Paul.

How can anyone trust them? IS that fair and balanced?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

nah dude i was talking about this earlier today if history stands true the next potus will not be from texas

in our history we have not even yet had a president from every state let alone back to semi back presidents.

that means perry,or paul the next on will be from somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Old77

Ron Paul already won per Fox News Results yet I doubt they will ever admit to it. Him and Newt wiped the floor with the rest of them. Cant beat experience...

They will admit to it...but disregard it....Ron Paulers usually hit the online polls hard....some liberals will vote him in there too.

It's the same thing they did in 2008...look at some old you tube vids from 2008. It's all there...check out Hannity's post debate interview with Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

in our history we have not even yet had a president from every state let alone back to semi back presidents. that means perry,or paul the next on will be from somewhere else.

True...and another thing that you just brought up...Perry will take votes away from Ron Paul since they are both from Texas.

I still think it's possible...Perry is being groomed for his run. Romney will have a difficult time beating Obama. Perry is their best chance.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Perry has had a lot of trouble with his prayer stuff - they started some spiritual warefare crap against pagans.
I don't know exactly what it was all about, but while there are some religious folks in America that will vote for whoever they think might make a good church deacon, I don't think it is the majority.

I don't understand any of it. Only Dr. Paul sounded anti-war. When did Christians politiicians get so overwhelmingly pro-war?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Everyone go here and vote!

Also check out how the people in your area voted. My city went for Paul but Jacksonville, just 10 miles north and a very big city went for Paul by large margin!

www.topix.com...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join