It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Troops do NOT Protect Our Freedom and We Should Stop Thanking Them for Doing So

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yes, stop thanking them for helping to ruin America in the eyes of the world. Support niether side. Sad how war widows say they will meet their lost husbands in heaven. No possible way that invaders who are there to steal and kill will ever be in heaven. Downward Christian soldiers.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Theres no bashing going on here; I agree with the OP and I think its the truth, however I'm not going to criticise someone for choosing a career in the armed forces. I'm just stating that their career choice has nothing to do with my freedom of speech or expression.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
WHEN ( those who do not allready know it )
WHEN will most persons realise that today's soldiers do NOT fight
for any country ??? They mostly fight for "BIG PETROL / OIL" ! !

WHEN ( those who REALLY do not know it ) will they
SEE that most of the wars are WHERE petrol IS ???

Sure, it is sad for the brainwashed soldiers who die,
but they die for OIL INDUSTRIES ! NOT for countries or freedom !

Who is the real hero?
- the soldier who don't know and makes no effort to know ? or
- the fireman who KNOWs what is waiting for him, if he "goes in" ?

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
Who is the real hero?
- the soldier who don't know and makes no effort to know ? or
- the fireman who KNOWs what is waiting for him, if he "goes in" ?

Exactly. Firefighters, police officers, even the Coast Guard and National Gaurd work at home to keep us safe from harm. They, are the ones that I thank. As for the soldiers overseas, fighting the battle for foreign oil, I will not criticise their choice of career, but I also don't believe they are actively "protecting my freedoms".
edit on 9-8-2011 by CivilDisobedience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Obviously not you and I'm sure he doesn't like you dishonoring his memory the way you are here. Again, if you don't like it change it, but dishonoring the military and especially your brothers memory is just shameful.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Anyone else puzzled by the fact that a

soldier is applauded who refuses to serve in an unjust war by those who do not refuse to sustain the unjust government which makes the war?
- Henry David Thoreau, Civil Disobedience (1849)

edit on 10-8-2011 by dbates because: Added source for quoted text.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I suppose you would rather have a draft? That might be what it takes for people to get off their kiesters and tell the military what they really want done.

Sorry, you voted for the idiots in office, though in your case I'd almost bet you didn't vote.

You support a system that puts the military lever of power in the hands of the people you choose to pull it.

If you don't like what they're doing, pick a new boss. If you still don't like what they're doing, the military will be the first to depose them.

I'm not much for taking sides on the war issue. I fought and was against the war, but felt that if my country was too lazy to figure out the right thing to do, I still prefer it to any other country and thus did my combat time.

I'm a coward for taking rounds, being medically retired for injuries sustained in combat, standing my ground when I faced 15 years for doing what I believed what right and coming out on top agianst all odds, and I'm certainly a coward for not pounding people like you into the dirt whenever I see them because there's nothing we soldiers like doing more after a tour in Iraq than hearing you exercise your freedom of speech to tell us we are murderers and criminals.

I'm really sure this wasn't to provoke anyone, just like I'm really sure whats wrong with the US is the military.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I couldn't agree more.
While others run around with their heads in the stars believing in the Sunshine Rainbows and all is rosey defense arguments all the while ignoring that the world is a very dangerous place sometimes.

Ask Tibet.
I'm sure they thought as many here do.

"No need for defense or a military. We'll just talk and reason with Red China"

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaximosPoena

I agree wholeheartedly, see what an amazing job the disarmed population of the UK is doing to fight the looters burning down their homes? They're courageous youtube videos and twitters will surely quell the violence. If we imprison our military, when we go to war with China we can youtube them into defeat! Of course, that's if anyone ever gets up off their couch!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I certainly hope that when our troops come home people show them the love and support they deserve and need. I would hate to see troops treated as they were in the 1960's when they came home to a country that almost shunned them out.

If you have a problem with US policy, aim it at those in charge, not the boots on the ground.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

There is nothing wrong with a national guard and at-home defense, what I'm talking about is soldiers fighting unecessary wars going on outside the country. There is always going to be violence, therefore domestic preparations are required, but there is absolutely no reason to invoke violence in other nations for the sake of flaunting the muscles of the military.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaximosPoena
reply to post by DaddyBare

I couldn't agree more.
While others run around with their heads in the stars believing in the Sunshine Rainbows and all is rosey defense arguments all the while ignoring that the world is a very dangerous place sometimes.

Ask Tibet.
I'm sure they thought as many here do.

You are comparing Tibet to the US? Hahahaha...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I respectfully disagree with you. See in our history (America), we threw together a ragtag bunch of hillbilly farmers and pushed back the greatest military in the world at that time. Want to know how many deserters there were in that war? Many of those men didn't follow orders, they banded together united in defense of an IDEA. That is the difference between noble "soldiers" and pogues that "do what they're told". Those hillbilly's from the late 1700's believed in an ideal that didn't need immature "adults" (I say adults, because legally they are in today's military...) who followed orders.

What you are saying is to have a successful mercenary force, one needs mindless, non-critical thinking, low IQ individuals to follow orders without thinking of consequences. That's even more disrespectful than the OP's opinion of our military force.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CivilDisobedience
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Theres no bashing going on here; I agree with the OP and I think its the truth, however I'm not going to criticise someone for choosing a career in the armed forces. I'm just stating that their career choice has nothing to do with my freedom of speech or expression.

No harm no foul. Sometimes i wonder how long would our country be at peace if it did away with its armed forces? What would our country do against an organized army, say china or iran or any other established country that chose to invade us. How well would we fair against them, you know every man for himself. Or would the people want to create then what they dont want now. An armed force, oh im sorry " dumb cowards" as we are called in here.

Just a question.....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

The more people there are to sacrifice in the name of freedom, there will be more senseless wars illegally engaged by these war mongers.

You mean like when we helped this girls country fight off the Soviet Union?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16cf7aa61e20.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
Stop bashing my brothers please.

Thank you.

We are all brothers and sisters. Stop killing my brothers and sisters all over the world.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
my brothers dont cut off womens noses or stone people or behead others and the dont strap on suicide vests making themselves martrs to get their 70 virgins.

so why dont you tell your brothers and sisters to stop doing that.
edit on 9-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The more people there are to sacrifice in the name of freedom, there will be more senseless wars illegally engaged by these war mongers.

You mean like when we helped this girls country fight off the Soviet Union?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16cf7aa61e20.jpg[/atsimg]

How is her country now? It must be 100 times better than when the US got involved right?

edit on 9-8-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
Stop bashing my brothers please.

Thank you.

We are all brothers and sisters. Stop killing my brothers and sisters all over the world.

No problem, i wont kill your brothers and sisters that want to kill you. To easy.

Next.....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

if someone were to ask me her country is pretty damn good aint no threads like this one

there.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join