It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Troops do NOT Protect Our Freedom and We Should Stop Thanking Them for Doing So

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
yep seen enough of these threads they were all too common.

lot of armchair "warriors" on here who constantly trash talk some of the greatest men and women you will ever know.

i thank them everyday for what they put themselves through and what their families go through for the simple fact without them there is no us.

we could not sit here and run our mouths til our hearts are content there is a price to be paid for that and honestly

reading this thread has sickened me to my stomach.

yet another reason i will always be partisan the same people who create threads like this are the same people who go around burning the greatest symbol of this country and often the last thing many americans who have fallen will ever get to see,

the american flag the red white and blue honor courage and the resolve to stand by our brothers and sisiters who are not here when they want to be.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

You mean if people were destroying a city and other peoples properties, like in LA in the 90's or London right now? Yes, I would try to prevent idiots from destroying other peoples property. If you are talking about a civil war in this country, then on that point you are probably wrong. Many in the armed forces draw a very clear line between fighting in a foreign country against an insurgency or a foreign military and picking a side in a civil war in their own country. My friends in the military are from all over the country, I doubt that everyone would agree to take certain actions within the US. I've got country friends, city friends, from the east, west, Puerto Rico, all over. There would definitely be some deserters no matter where in the US the action were taking place.

Contrary to popular belief, the higher echelon you get to in combat arms the more down home American value type guys you come into contact with. The highest level operators are much more the survivalist, hunting, fishing, redneck, beer and pickups type and much less the establishment type. If you think these highly trained and extremely dangerous guys are going to turn their weapons on Americans, maybe you need to meet some of them.
Also, those of you who have not been in combat probably don't realize the zeal with which the enemy fights us, we allow them to fulfill their destiny and they allow us ours. Men in combat are exactly where they want to be, on both sides. Many of these crybabies talking about PTSD and all the terrible things they had to do, probably never did anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

YOu apparently do not know much about the military way of life..living pay check to pay check. Umm NO he didnt do if for the money..he did it to earn a living and provide for his family instead of living on welfare like the majority of people in our hometown. DO NOT twist my words Sir.

No one joins the military to get rich. That is laughable. They join the military for many reasons, to pay for college, to support their families, to learn a trade, and some even do it to serve their country.

This thread sickens me.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That's what soldiers do, they kill. Which is taking away rights, rather than granting them.

You are wrong sir. I have lived all over the world and known MANY soldiers. thousands. I have yet to meet one who actuallly killed anyone.

Get your facts straight before you start spewing inaccuracies. Show me the data.

My husband was not only a soldier but a COP and he has NEVER had to draw his weapon once in the line of duty and he served in Afhanistan.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

The Soldiers job is to follow orders. They fight wars. That's what their trained to do. It is our job to police our government as citizens. They fight for us, if we don't want to be in that war then we need to stop it. At which we have miserably failed in doing..

As for the assumptions, based on what I have read. It seems that people expect soldiers to simply pick up their rifles and turn on the government because the corporations might be (probably are) running the show. Do you know how utterly insane that is?

People expect soldiers to magically bend to their will and do as they believe is right. Which is insane. You cannot mentally dictate what the armed forces should do.

And I think we would see how much the armed forces protect our freedom if we simply ceased to have a military.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Someone needed more stars.. I donated the one star that I could.

This thread is disgusting, and I totally agree with you. I never joined the military, and probably never will. but I wouldn't dare insult those who willingly walk into a situation that they will probably disagree with, yet still continue on.
They are braver people than myself.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Another sick pathetic military bashing thread, probably authored by someone that never served a day in his life, but of course he'll reply with 'he knows people' in and 'has family members in', yet never served a day himself.
OP, your attempt at military bashing is pathetic
Thread fail

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

You are right about one thing...
We solders do not do what we do... to protect your personal freedoms... we don't give a rats ass about your right to guzzle beer smoke pot or post tirades on the internet...

True most of us understand the larger picture... we fight to preserve our way of life... but when your down in the dirt... sent to someplace you never heard of before... scared out of your freaking mind because everyone is shooting at you.... were not thinking about your personal rights and freedoms... were too busy trying to stay alive while watching the backs of our buddies....

I never asked to be thanked, never asked for your pats on the back.... I did what I had to do,what I was ordered to do... it's not like I had any say in international policy making...Everyone in the field is there following orders... you do as ordered or are shot for desertion...cut and dry...

I'm sorry you find it offensive that we Air, Navy, Army and Marines just don't give a damn about "wcitizen" personal freedoms... truth is it never once crossed my mind...If you don't like that fact talk to your politicians, if you want a warm and fuzzy branch of the service then check out the peace corps... but don't bring your crap here cause ya know what...We Troops do NOT Protect "wcitizen" personal ideal of Freedom... mostly were just trying not to get killed
edit on 9-8-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
But they're heros!!!

Sitting in armored humvees driving around in another sovereign nation hitting IEDs makes them heros

you didn't get the memo?

If it is so easy I hear recruiting is going on every day...go try it then come back and let us know the way it is really is..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
War is what happens when politicians fail to do their job.

Don't like war?

Then get some new damned politicians.

You (OP et al) are irritated with the point of the arrow. NOT the one who drew the bow.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Another America hating liberal star and flag fest.......wow, another one? Get some new material and get back to us who have served or are actively serving now cause your rhetoric is getting old. Of course I kind of understand it since none of ya had the intestinal fortitude to join and try and make a difference. Here's an idea, maybe since ya don't have it in you to step up and do that, maybe run for office and make the changes you want.......nah, what was I thinking, you'd rather bitch from the safety of your chair while not doing a damn thing. Epic thread fail for anyone with common decency or half a brain.......

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by k21968
He did it to earn his money.

You are entitled to your opinion, because the blood of many soldiers gave you that right.

Also it is a contradiction.

So did he do it for money?

Or for my freedom?

I am guessing $$$.
edit on 9-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Well if you read my words and not put your own slant on them you would've noticed I said he did it to earn his money. In the sentence above I posted he didnt want to end up on welfare and be a drain on society. He took the only job he could find and that was with the army. He was daggum good at it too. And I am and always will be proud of him and his fellow soldiers who continuously sacrifice so we can enjoy our lives.

I am saddened that you see things so black or white. We will never agree on this. We dont have to. I of course would love for you to stop by your local VA Hospital, look at the men and women without arms, legs etc and tell them what you posted above. Better yet, visit Arlington and read your post out loud. I doubt you have the guts to do it. All is easy in cyber land.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
A few americans needs to understand that there's not a single country in the world where their 'people in general' likes the USA foreign policies, you probly don't care but its maybe the problem.

A good way to understand the situation is by taking for example Jersey Shore, they all think they are the real deal while in reality 'people in general' laugh about them. In reality Ronny or Snooky are just having issue with their self esteem, they know inside they are loosers but the cameras compensate for their lack of.

Those comment are not necessarily aimed at usa ATS users since we are not ' people in general'.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

And I am and always will be proud of him and his fellow soldiers who continuously sacrifice so we can enjoy our lives.

That is it though. These days, their sacrifice has nothing to do with our lives! Whether they take up the job for money or because they want to make a difference isn't the point, its that what they're fighting for isn't actually our freedom!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CivilDisobedience

Keep telling yourself that and wonder if maybe just maybe our actions elsewhere in the world keep people from coming here to do us harm.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

But if we hadn't been there in the first place, would they have a reason to do us harm?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A lot of the soldiers returning home suffer from PTSD. They can't find decent jobs due to lack of education. Government pension isn't enough for them to survive. 1 in 4 war veterans commit suicide. Our troops are getting used by the elites for senseless wars...

I support the troops but I don't support the elites using them. Don't join the military thinking you are being patriotic. That's what TPTB want you to think and possibility of you dying being justified. The more people there are to sacrifice in the name of freedom, there will be more senseless wars illegally engaged by these war mongers.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't understand why everyone gets so emotional about it.
It's easy to blow stuff up and cheer about it, but it's hard to take a few criticisms?

How is it that these 'tough' guys/gals have such thin skin? I am dismayed about that sorry. It's an obvious contradiction of disposition which is a clue.

I figured they wouldn't budge if I was just spewing BS.
But I wasn't spewing BS, I got to them. Because the truth HURTS.
It hurts all of us. Every last one of us.

But let's at least face the facts. We are all getting screwed here, and the clock is ticking.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Stop bashing my brothers please.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
Stop bashing my brothers please.

Thank you.

What about MY brother?

SSG Chris Higden?

He died for what??