It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Apparently Parliament will be recalled on Thursday - what is this going to achieve??

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tanser

Even if it's a few thousand here and there, it will help qualm alot of the petty pockets that are popping up. Police cannot be blamed, thousands made redundant this year, many forced retirement.... it was always going to be highlighted by some event.

A few thousand troops?

We don't have a spare few thousand troops.... this is my point.

link   
reply to post by blupblup

It's like when these politicians are asking the parents of these kids to bring them home. If they dont listen to the police then I very much doubt they listen to their parent/s. If your in a criminal gang or a criminal opportunist, all your christmas's have come at once. The chance to take on the police and the chance to get yourself some new booty.

The best punishments will be forcing these kids to clean up the mess and repair the damage. there needs to be restorative justice here. These kids have to pay back what they have stolen and what they have destroyed. Giving them a slap on the wrist or a fine is no good, they need to meet the people who's lively hoods they have destroyed, who homes they have have destroyed. They need to come face to face with the destruction and forced to repair it. Forced labour is the only way these kids will learn.

link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

The biggest problem seems to be that some are using (possibly) legitimate anger at a police shooting as a self-justification for all manner of (unrelated) lawless behaviour.

Sorry but this became irrelevant early on in the game. What we are seeing is a rash of copycat violence and looting and they are doing it just because they can. Hopefully not for much longer.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Sounds good to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I take your point. But the video suggests a lot of pent-up anger against the police. The shooting has given them a feeling of self-legitimization, I believe. If I'm right, the authorities need to address this issue ASAP and very publicly. Of course if I'm wrong it wouldn't make any difference.

Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

A few thousand troops?

We don't have a spare few thousand troops.... this is my point.

And what do you base this on? Fact or fiction? We have plenty, more than people realise infact.

Regardless, the MET just said the army hasn't been discussed so until we are in discussions, this really is a blank page.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I agree, those who were looting and got caught should be fixing the damage they made in the community they were arrested in. If they were to repair all the damage they will see what they did to the community, workers etc and learn more of a lesson instead of a fine on prison.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

I take your point. But the video suggests a lot of pent-up anger against the police. The shooting has given them a feeling of self-legitimization, I believe. If I'm right, the authorities need to address this issue ASAP and very publicly. Of course if I'm wrong it wouldn't make any difference.

Time will tell.

Indeed.
But I fear all the discussion and reaching out in the world won't help at this time. The immediate and short term issue is that this has to be brought under control. Longer term we can look at how we got here.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
PM: "If you are old enough to do the crime, you are old enough to face the consequences"

Yeah right Dave, our liberal wanker judges will probably give them x-boxes

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Some of the statements in the media are ill-advised, as well. How can it help the situation to announce (within the last few minutes) that police cells are all full, and the police are massively over-stretched?

Show weakness to these thugs, and guess how they'll react...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

England cant just change laws instantly because of this situation, I guess TPTB want to make some rush laws on Thursday...however, since most of the MPs are on their Summer Hols they need time to come back to England to attend Parliament

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 140BPM
As you can see, I am from the UK. Our Mascot is the British Bull Dog. We may only be a small country, but our Government seem to have forgotten that if you kick the Dog, you are going to get a nasty bite.
Well, they sure kicked us where it hurts, and now we are biting back
Grrrrrrowl, woof woof

You suggest that this is a protest against government rather than stupid acts by criminal filth drunk in the excitement of the moment?

It's not a protest, it's looting and rioting. There is a world of a difference which is why the scum doing this deserve no respect.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

I agree, those who were looting and got caught should be fixing the damage they made in the community they were arrested in. If they were to repair all the damage they will see what they did to the community, workers etc and learn more of a lesson instead of a fine on prison.

They have to also come face to face with the people who's lives they have destroyed, people in their own communities who have lost business's and homes. The parents of those kids also, must harbor some criminal responsibility.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Forced labour is the only way these kids will learn.

I agree.

And if they hadn't grown up in a culturally unfocused, overly apologetic, politically, socially and ethically immoral and unrepentant society that continually refuses to strongly punish criminality whilst fretting pathetically at just how politically correct it was being, is it any wonder that there is a generation that has no anchor in reality?

And let’s not ignore the fact that when you live in a culture of selfishness and materialism, and no real consequence for criminal acts, then that culture is just going to get bigger, stronger and more self-justified.

I apologize if I’m coming across harshly, but I am seriously worried about my family and friends in the UK.

What the hell happened to a society that now breeds such wanton hatred and indifference?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
This is an excerpt from this article that highlights how frustrated the youth in London are as they marched to the police headquarters looking for a 'peaceful' route of dialogue to stem the police' heavy handed tactics:

Is rioting the correct way to express your discontent?

"Yes," said the young man. "You wouldn't be talking to me now if we didn't riot, would you?"

The TV reporter from Britain's ITV had no response. So the young man pressed his advantage. "Two months ago we marched to Scotland Yard, more than 2,000 of us, all blacks, and it was peaceful and calm and you know what? Not a word in the press. Last night a bit of rioting and looting and look around you."

worldblog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Dave just said the police are showing incredible bravery tackling rioters....
Is he looking at the same cops as us on the rolling news? the ones that
seem to be aimlessly milling around and afraid to charge at people robbing
banks and stores in broad daylight. The police in the uk now are only good
at handing out fines to honest hard working people, when it comes to proper
policing of real criminal behavour they are completly inept and unwilling to put
themselves at risk, just another sign of our decaying society i guess

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
They have to send in the army. People are getting shot now, a guy found with multiple gun shot wounds in one of the areas. The chaos is spreading and eventually it won't be just my area that are tooled up and ready to hammer this scum back in to the ground. People will generally take to the streets defending their own. People will be kiiled! The Police, for a brilliant effort that they have done, I'm knackered after being out in my area all night and now at work, god knows what these poor souls must be like, some have been awake for 3 days and haven't seen their families at all, but the police have lost control. Send in the army with zero tolerance tactic. To all in these areas stay safe, defend your areas if you have to clout, but stay out of sight if you feel you can't.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

The police are not allowed to really do their proper job, all the do gooders in this country put a stop to that

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
What a night! Not in a good #ing way!

It was great that we had so many out in Bexley, tooled up and ready to defend our area if need be. Vans roaming around the area keeping an eye out, train station and bus routes covered. I was well impressed how quickly we got it together! Bromley and Woolwich both got attacked, I know my brother took a load of bodies up to Bromley as he had mates up there who were fighting with the scum that were up there. The only good thing was that working people of all colours were out to defend our areas. Turkish guys tooled up, Indian restaurant owners giving us free drinks while we were out. Word was that the mobs in Woolwich were looking to go to Welling, but nothing happened.

One copper was on show, the rest up in Woolwich and I would just like to say that the police have gained a lot of support, this one copper hasnt seen his family in 3 days and has had 3 hours sleep! You know what he said? Every copper would shake your hand but every politician would throw you in jail for defending your area. Very true! I think you people underestimate the police's feelings towards a rise of the working man, as they don't forget are workers!

We will be out tonight and hopefully nothing will happen. I hope all in London stay safe but don't be afraid to defend your homes and areas! This is not revolution, this is crime!

WAW !!!!
nice to hear that you have solidarity up there to defend all of your community !!!
that is the positiv evolution here !!! defend yourself by yourself because that police is not capable of defending you !!
come on, get them and smash their faces into the decorum : they will have what they want, those drug dealers and other scum : hollywood bollywood action they asked for !!!!
get the scum, nobody sees your revenge !!!!

peace but not at all price !!!!

I understand the police, they are workers like we are, they do their job but this is far beyond their job !!
this is a job for the army, let the army restore the calm and smash down the scum !
edit on 9-8-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join