It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scare at State Fair: witnesses describe mobs and attacks

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

what facts?
what happens to the attackers? jail time? ok... and what about the victims... bruised, bloodied.. broken limbs perhaps.. what are they supposed to do.. sue people who probably have no money to begin with?

its not emotional.. its how things used to be in terms of justice. this kind of conduct proves that our "civilization" is no more civilized than the barbarians of old.

I've always believed that the punishment should fit the crime. a convicted child molester should go to a prison full of big lonely men, for example. not spend a year or two in a cushy cell, telling the prison therapist everything he wants to hear , just to get released and do it all over again 5 years down the road.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

"I've had some of the most epic conversations with homeless blacks "
unquote
thats is because he had more time on his hands,, right
,, not because,,well epic conversations and homeless,,dont usually mix,, not the real homeless.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by TheOneYouFearIsRight

Well actually I did know most of those things.

It doesn't change my opinion.

But hey, if you're right, seems to me like they should either be some Gentrification, or martial law. Solves the problem in about a decade once the most aggressive people whom have lost their humanity are culled.

Even so, I don't think only the mob is wrong. After all, who causes the segregation? The people? The government? Both? When the social stability of a region has deteriorated to such a level, I simply say they all are to blame.

People are responsible for their homesteads and what their attitudes create as a community. When that attitude generates one of hate, it must be actively stomped out.

From my experience, I do have biases towards Wisconsin. Mostly because everyone I ever met from there acts badly but one, whom himself talks about how bad it is.

Ergo from where I'm standing, the culture there has clearly led to social failures.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

So you are making huge sweeping judgements on over a million people based on the few you have met and the tales of one???

Sounds like a pretty prejudged view to me.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Primal Scream

I'm a young woman. I'm white. I have volunteered with inner-city type people for a long time. It takes awhile to understand to understand the anger and resentment they have, but you start to see it. Take your own damn advice and YOU go out and talk to these people. I am in no way justifying what these people have done - it was wrong. More than wrong. They're only using 'race' as an excuse to themselves to justify it in their own minds to do what they do and hurt people. They have no purpose - these kinds of people (all races!) just want to go out there and hurt others just for the hell of it. There are tons of inner-city people (black AND white) who just want peace and equality and they just want out of the life that they live, but they won't cause anyone harm unless someone harms then. Please don't be ignorant. Its NOT just blacks. Its everybody.

I do agree with you on one thing, though, they should have been shot... In the shins. Or somewhere else that would hurt like a ****.

This is a disgusting situation and shame on everybody who participated - your day will come, you a-******!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp

Hopeless because they know there is a better life out there and knowing that they are being excluded from participating in it. They see it on TV they hear about it on the radio. There is a life where they can be educated in a school with new books and computers, but their schools don't have good teachers or equipment. There is a life where they can live in a house that is not falling apart and they are excluded from that because their parents got the same crappy education that their kids are getting and they are being graduated from high school unable to read. They are unable to move to a decent neighborhood because banks have higher standards for black applicants than white applicants.. Hopeless because they can commit the same crime as a white dude and the white dude gets off and they get time and jail and a felony record that keeps them from getting a good job FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.

It is a great thing your father came and got you and most likely changed yours and your sisters lives and taught you some very valuable lessons!

I do have to dispute something you said about old people "using SS for medicine and medical help". This is something that they worked and paid into most their lives and it is deserved. I'm sure you know when you receive your paycheck and look at the pay stub there are payments for SS and Medicare and they are usually the same or higher than federal taxes. Then you also mentioned about people on unemployment and there again it is something that your employer has to pay into in the unfortunate instance you are laid off.

As far as welfare goes there are a very large amount of people abusing it no matter what the race is and my mother was one of them. I grew up a poor white boy in a ghetto living off welfare and hated every minute of it. I chose to do something about it because I was embarrassed of the life I was forced to live as a child and better myself. I still struggle most of the time and don't have all the nice things we would like but their is always food on the table for the kids. There has been a few times where my girlfriend and myself wouldn't eat just so they could and we were ok with that as long as they had theirs.

I am also a felon and have always had a decent paying job in construction and have to work my butt off for that paycheck but it's worth it. From what I see most days people are lazy and feel they are too good for a job like this or even working on a farm. The last few months I took a job with a pay cut of 65% and am I angry "YES"! Am I going to go out and beat up people because of it no, because, they had nothing to do with it and I am happy with it even though we can't take the kids out and do things like we used to.

SS and unemployment are not entitlements in the sense you use them simply because you are paying into them your entire life and the federal government is stealing your money because they choose to do whatever they want.

I myself do hate the way this country has been over the last 50 years and at the same time am tired of hearing people talk about the man keeping me or him/her down. The only one keeping anyone down is yourself, it's time to stop blaming other people and taking responsibility for yourself. This is where the problem lies no one wants to take any personal responsibility anymore.

What they see on TV is not real and if they don't realize that then they are idiots. On the other hand this is something we can all have if we work for it and stop blaming other people for everything you did wrong, when you chose to sell drugs or commit any other crime.
edit on 5-8-2011 by IncognitoGhostman because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Aug 5 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneYouFearIsRight

No. I'm making a judgement of most people based of the fact that most people I meet from there are a certain way. But the fact that at least one was normal leads me to believe that at least some of them are normal. Statistics, you see. The more people, the more you are statistically likely to be right. I usually withhold judgement on a place until I've spoken with at least a good couple dozen people from there. My judgement of Wisconsin is admittedly incomplete. But I see no reason to change it so far. It's just one story after another from that state, one person after another met with such strange flawed attitude problems, one political screw up after another in the news. I think my judgement is so far withstanding quite well.

The rest? Those nor normal? They can go and enjoy the hell they're creating for themselves.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I once had a very interesting religious conversation with a homeless black man about 2 blocks from the white house. Being that it was the first time I toured the city without a tour guide(which primarily make sure you don't meet such people), I was quite shocked to find him present there, so close to the so-called most successful black man in US history. But after listening to him, I'd give a gander that this poor chap on the streets could probably run the country better than the man running it now.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Um so....wow. Reading some of the comments in this thread is really dissapointing esspecially since ATS is a place where you are supposed to deny ignorance. Im black and a male I am also in my twenties. OMG! Single parent home inner city Philadelphia no welfare my mother worked her ass of to take care of me and my brother. In college working two jobs and basically being everything that this thread is saying black people are not. That being said I nor has anyone in my circle went out of their way to harm or rob someone for no reason. Everyone I grew up with is a productive citizen and we are just as horrified by this mob thing as everyone here seems to be.

However we seem to look at it differently than most people are in this thread. We see it as kids who were not raised right acting out because they dont have anything else to do and lack some values. We dont see it as something that our entire race is responsible for because we arent. Some kids are raised right some arent. That I think in a nutshell is the reality of the situation.

Or maybe my judgement is clouded because I am Black. I doubt that though since I have met people from many different backgrounds at uni. I could tel you some horror stories about violence among drunk college aged white males. But I wont because its a drunk thing not a white thing some people cant hold thier booze.

Anyways I agress something needs to be done about these mob incidences.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

The really amazing thing about this is that the blacks don't get that their behavior is making whites racist.

Yes, because whites were never racist in any capacity before these sort of attacks began to occur (insert sarcasm here)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

that's all I have to say about that...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I have to wonder why this was allowed to start and why it is allowed to continue to happen.
And how long will it be allowed to go on.
If the world isn't safe for white people now, what will it be like in the projected 2040 when whites are a minority.
Or maybe they will be extinct?

Oh dear....where or where will the welfare checks come from.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm glad some people see that the most important issue here is the apparent organization of these people.

We shouldn't just blow past this, hoping it can't be true. If I was investigating this, I would be interviewing some of these kids to see if I could make some connections. Of course, according to the article, very few may have been detained, probably not enough to make any difference.

But they need to get to the bottom of exactly what happened. Otherwise, we may see more and more.

So, "who" could be behind such a thing, if it was indeed organized? One person mentioned "Islam". I'm not sure that would work, but who knows? They don't have anyone they can interrogate to rule it out!

Well, I have my suspicions. Intelligence agencies are the shepherds, in all likelihood, if it was planned and organized.

I particularly liked the way the article characterized the several hundred police nearby, serenely guiding traffic, oblivious to what was going on so many yards away. Perhaps not just bad luck that they had their heads so far up their rears at such a particular moment in time?

By the way, they mobilized the gangs in LA after Rodney King, and the OJ trial. Small tests, but these are ongoing, and the time will surely come when the testing will be over.

Here's how they do it. Since gangs are essentially small "military" units, with loyalties and alliances that can be called upon, it's highly likely that all significant gangs have been infiltrated at some level. Some may easily see that this could be for very good reason. Of course, it would be nice if the people in charge didn't use this against us, but alas, that is not their way.

This shouldn't be hard to imagine, considering almost all gangsters will do time in a prison system where many inmates would sell their own mothers to survive one more day.

Prisons are the "recruiting" centers, although it's a sure bet the recruits have little idea of how high up the powers go, that they are dealing with.

You could have a gang leader, doing time, maybe ten years suddenly becomes TWO. He's made a deal, been paid off, but when the time comes, he needs to pay back.

It's not quite as simple as this, because long before the gangster gets to prison, he is already immersed in a drug delivery system that has it's head in the CIA (and other global intelligence).

Islam could indeed factor into this whole business, since it is a major force within black prison populations, and is slated for the delivery mechanism for the coming slave religion. But that might be going off topic a bit.

Like the other times I've posted about this, not much response. A bit much I suppose, the average bear doesn't want to go there.

The problem could get really ugly if our masters decide at some point to get serious, and mobilize this asset in a big way. As in, all at once, fomenting the proverbial "race war", from LA to Harlem.

This isn't about kids venting, or racial inequality, or even perceived injustice. It's not about black tendencies to violence. That's all BS to keep people focused on the things that won't ever make a difference.

This is in fact, yet one more example of our masters playing us all like fiddles.

Sorry to say, our black friends are going to end up getting the worst of it in the end. But then, that's probably all part of the plan.

JR

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Mod note: If you disagree with a staff action, please send a U2U to the mod involved or submit a complaint. This is not the place for that. -- Majic

edit on 8/5/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by otaris

Most certainly. But it is everybody's fault that drugs give you jail time that lead to gangs and problems in advancements. It is everyone's fault that segregation is quite high in that area. It is everyone's fault that social decay hit this level and not enough people worked hard enough to rid this cancer.

In the end, It was a white guy who bought a slave from a black guy that led to such problems.

It is everybody's fault. And for not trying to fix it, all the more damnation on them.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

there will be no more "whites" in 40 years, why? because a majority of the us IS NOT racist and chances are they will get married and have children with someone who is not of the same race, even and if you think about 100 years in the future chances are we will be mostly machines and the only race theres going to be then is the human/cyborg race

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

this pretty much sums up some people's thought process on these subjects *cough brainwashed "unprivileged" black people*

p.s. *cough brainwashed "unprivileged" black people* should attack politicians not whites and maybe even fix problems in their own community.

p.s. again *cough brainwashed "unprivileged" black people* should actually try to do what is right and do well in life instead of blaming others for their problems.

I say "unprivileged" because they get all sorts of handouts "reparations" if you will and still cannot seem to muster the inertia to get out of their own way and do something with their lives. You can only blame so many people until you realize you're the problem and fix your own life.

HEY LEMME BEAT YOU UP COZ MY COMMUNITY IS TERRIBLE.

That being said we have to do a lot of house cleaning in politics *as always* and fix our country.. this racial retardedness is not needed and never was.
edit on 5-8-2011 by ElectricWizard because: oh

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

is it the white mans fault for buying the slave or is it the black mans fault for selling the slave??

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Why is race even playing a part in any of this? Dumb kids broke the law and should be punished. It doesn't matter what their color is, they broke the law. These "flash mobs" are becoming such a menace in Philadelphia that the city will finally begin enforcing a curfew law that's been on the books since 2007.

Yes, they've had this law since 2007 but are only now choosing to enforce it after a "few" people have been beaten in Center City....Anyway.

Anyone under age 14 must be home by 10pm and anyone under 18 must be home by midnight. Anyone found breaking this law will be warned and if it looks like they aren't listening will be taken into custody. They will be identified, their parents will be contacted and they will need to come down to the station to pick them up. Fines will range from $250 to $500.

Oh, I almost forgot, they are only going to strictly enforce this law over the weekend...great. If anyone is planning on going into Philadelphia this weekend, please plan accordingly and wait until after midnight since that will be the safest time to go there. Good luck!
edit on 5-8-2011 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
For some reason, me asking the question about black racism got my thread tossed in the trash bin. It was because not only did I correctly point out there is black racism, but that I also wondered if the black mob had gotten their idea from the movie "Rise of the Planet of the Apes." Figure that..........

When blacks riot and attack white people, it's ok. It's expression of the oppression. But when a person (to whom know one even knows if he is black himself) points out that it's wrong, it goes to the trash bin. Good work ATS.

ATS is extra sensitive right now about racial issues. They've put out the word to the mods to bring down the hammer, from everything I can see. I got a violation for saying "ape" in a thread by a Scotsman with an ape avatar. They can get ridiculous.

But, the fact is, Google is politically correct, and it's good business to get your ranking as high as you can. This means that they need to hold the line, and play the game, at least to some extent. Not to mention, genuine "racism" is generally agreed to be a bit nasty these days, it's just where we each draw the lines.

One other problem that isn't really ATS's fault, some of the mods are actually rather ignorant (no offense to any on this thread). The fact is, the movie you mention isn't "just" sci-fi, it's social commentary, that has it's roots in our real social conflicts. Yes, "race" is involved. The author wants us to think about these things, and in a positive way of course, but people are sometimes so prejudiced, they can't stop for a minute to examine why they feel the way they do. So, my compliments to you for wanting a rational discussion, but if you (we?) get slammed with a T & C, it will just prove my point I guess.

Of course, I didn't see your thread. Sometimes people do put things the wrong way, and it shows, and we can all step over bounds without even knowing it at times.

Anyway, good luck. But watch out, the line against "racism" is a major priority issue now, and we have to go with their politically correct definitions, of course.

JR

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join