It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scare at State Fair: witnesses describe mobs and attacks

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
.......I have to say, the only thing that surprises/disgusts me more than this thread's article are the ignorant replies found within it.

For shame.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Man, it's 2011. When is this racism going to stop?

Reading this story makes me angry. Angry that the youth felt they needed to prove a point with violence. I am also angry at the good for nothing police, who only like to involve themelves after the fact because they aren't good for anything else except making public statements.

I am angry that it's 2011, there is finally a black president, and America is as racist as it ever was.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

There is a real problem with entitlement and violent youth in the African-American community in Milwaukee. You don't have to like hearing it, but it is the truth.

Also here in NE Ohio. And I will tell you what, all this PC BS isn't getting us anywhere. It's time to call it like it is.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Jdawg9909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
I think we need to keep an eye on the KKK & Neo-Nazi in that area for they might seek out revenge.

More white people en masse need to join pro-white organizations, so there can be some racial balance here. Whites need to form a large group like the NAACP, or La Raza, so the white voice, and concerns can be heard, and considered. Cuz today, honky dunt matta.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Did you expect any thing different behavior wise?

We have a society today that glorifies drugs, teenage pregnancy, pimpin' hoes, told us that fathers aren't necessary so many fathers just take off....

There is a certain segment of society that wants blacks permanently "on the plantation".

Why else are brilliant black people such as Thomas Sowell, Clarence Thomas or Colin Powell called Uncle Tom's? These are people that have rose to some of the highest positions in the country, but they're ostracized because they DARED to succeed.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Most of you are young and male.If your stste allows Concealed Weapons Permits you should take the class and apply for one. It is you purpose in life to defend and provide for your wife and children. The Police will not save you, they are responders. The police persue criminals after the fact. Buy a gun, learn to use it, and if legal carry it to protect the ones you love. You are their bodyguard, their Secret Service detail. Some day they may need you. Be ready...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

your more disgusted by peoples comments than a mob of racist black kids who were trying to beat white kids to death

you definitely have some twisted priorities.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Deebo
edit on 5-8-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Instances like this, are the ONLY time I wish we had something Like the eye for an eye law (and this one law alone) in Sharia Law.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

Like I said in my post, I am not against guns for personal defense, but I believe that shooting a few of them would only have made the situation worse. Dealing with an angry giant mob is different than a few muggers in an alleyway. The potential for a situation like that to escalate out of control is a lot higher when guns get involved. I wouldn't doubt some of the black youths were toting a gun in their belt. Also don't forget the innocents near by who could get accidentally shot. Combined with all of the publicity it would get, you would probably be harassed and retaliated against (or jailed depending on the state), and a race riot could erupt.

No, I think this was one case where it was truly best to let the police handle it, though I admit I don't think I could stand by while a mob beat some random passerby half to death.

link   

link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
Instances like this, are the ONLY time I wish we had something Like the eye for an eye law (and this one law alone) in Sharia Law.

So screw facts, run on emotions right?

Deebo

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Defending yourself or another is not murder in my opinion, but killing a few people in a mob just to disperse them, as some have expressed wanting to do, is clearly murder.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

I'm pretty sure Clarence Thomas is an Uncle Tom because he helped negate black votes in the Bush/Gore election. I think that that would be the definition of an Uncle Tom: complicity in the undermining of the Black community as a Black person. His success is totally irrelevant.

Was it me or was that article poorly written? I felt like eye-witness quotes ended at verbs when those verbs really demanded some sort of predicate...

Also, I don't think that "white" people (whatever that means) should be starting groups to counter La Raza or the NAACP, as those two groups represent legitimate wholes. Any white group short of a "Scottish-American Brotherhood" would not really represent any cohesive group. There is no such thing as white, it is an invented term to compliment Black, Red and Brown (which are problematic in their own usages).

**As far as my third paragraph, I really feel like we've hashed this out before here numerous times. Could we get some sort of concensus here so we can avoid those sorts of recurring inflammable threads.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Sphota because: **

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENTJa
If they don't control themselves it could possibly ignite the long predicted race war in the us.

Was Manson right? Helter Skelter??

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
reply to post by circuitsports

Like I said in my post, I am not against guns for personal defense, but I believe that shooting a few of them would only have made the situation worse. Dealing with an angry giant mob is different than a few muggers in an alleyway. The potential for a situation like that to escalate out of control is a lot higher when guns get involved. I wouldn't doubt some of the black youths were toting a gun in their belt. Also don't forget the innocents near by who could get accidentally shot. Combined with all of the publicity it would get, you would probably be harassed and retaliated against (or jailed depending on the state), and a race riot could erupt.

No, I think this was one case where it was truly best to let the police handle it, though I admit I don't think I could stand by while a mob beat some random passerby half to death.

wake up man the last thing any cop is going to do is engage a mob of hundred black kids - the point I was trying to make is you don't necessarily have to shoot them just present them with a choice leave or be fired upon. and in case you missed it there was a huge group with no one else around - hard to miss.

Unfortunately I was at the Laker Championship that ended on the news 10 years back and I saw I dunno 60 cops in riot gear just standing by why they trashed downtown LA - a couple of officers trying to stop hundreds bent on violence - not gonna happen

edit on 5-8-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Defending yourself or another is not murder in my opinion, but killing a few people in a mob just to disperse them, as some have expressed wanting to do, is clearly murder.

Depends. If many individuals in the crowd is menacing your life and the lives of members of your family members and the rest of the crowd is encouraging that, they're guilty of accessory to murder and are therefore legal targets.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join