It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh: The Killer 116° Heat Index Is ‘Manufactured By The Government’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by whaaa

Yeah in theory, but words have power as evidenced by this. An empire created with lies!

Being a bit over-dramatic, aren't you?

Perhaps, but some of us have relatives that were killed in that drama. And we won't let anyone forget the power of lies and words from the mouth of a madman.
edit on 22-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Wow. Reading all the Hitler lover posts below that video when I clicked through to youtube freaked me out. Still lots of crazy genocidal folks in the world.

What else kind creeped me out is that on the right side "You might also like" videos there were like 30 Hitler vids and one "Michele Bachmann" video at the top!

Is youtube SW determining that folks that watch Hitler Glory vids also like Michelle Bachmann? Weird...

Yeah, let's run a smear campaign based upon a suspect piece of sw and a wild-eyed premise.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by whaaa

Yeah in theory, but words have power as evidenced by this. An empire created with lies!

Being a bit over-dramatic, aren't you?

Perhaps, but some of us have relatives that were killed in that drama. And we won't let anyone forget the power of lies and words from the mouth of a madman.

Big deal. It's still hysteria and irrelevant, unrelated hysteria at that.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Sounds like the truth to me.

Who made up the Heat Index.

the heat index contains assumptions

That says it all to me.

2nd.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Temperature in Rochester NY today was 106. Temperature, not 'index'.

And the heat index has been around as long as the chill factor. These are very old school standards which have been used since I was young for measuring what effect the temperature + wind or humidity will have on the human body.

They are finding people dead in their homes with body temperatures up to 107 degrees. Should call and ask Rush what kind of hoax that 'index' is. Wonder what Rush would do if that were his dad. articles.kwch.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endure

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Sounds like the truth to me.

Who made up the Heat Index.

the heat index contains assumptions

That says it all to me.

2nd.

The heat index was developed in 1978 by George Winterling as the "humiture," and was adopted by the National Weather Service a year later.[1] It is derived from work carried out by Robert G. Steadman.[2][3] Like the wind chill index, the heat index contains assumptions about the human body mass and height, clothing, amount of physical activity, thickness of blood, sunlight and ultraviolet radiation exposure, and the wind speed. Significant deviations from these will result in heat index values which do not accurately reflect the perceived temperature. en.wikipedia.org...

I suppose George Winterling and Robert Steadman were in collusion with Al Gore to create this Hoax... in 1978.

'Course if Rush says it - at least some of the idiots will nod and go 'YEP!'.

I live in the desert - and used to live in the midwest. Believe me- 100 degrees at 12% humidity feels ok- I can hike, ride, whatever.. But I suffered mild heat stroke when I went to Michigan last year and was subjected to 70% humidity and 89 degree temperatures.

Rush can shove it.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

You are incorrect. The Heat Index scale has not been around as long as the Wind Chill scale. Please check your facts before spouting nonsense.

For the record, unless they were closing airports due to tires melting it was not that hot.

As for Heat Index.... I broke that calculator over at the National Weather website. I have been in 110° with
80% humidity, per the scale it felt like 219°. Great math there.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Azdraik because: Add

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
If the republicans were in power, he would tell his listeners that crap about manufactured weather is just something made up by pinko commie hippies and the evil left-wing media.

Or wait - didn't he do that already?!

Well, he wasn't saying the heat is manufactured. He said the heat index... the scale... is just "made up."

I.E. What it says on your thermometer is the real temperature outside.

Which is true... Heat Index doesn't actually raise the temperature at all...

It's his sensational spin that is wrong... He knows the truth, IMO this is just a catchy statement with no substance designed to generate more listeners from the class of the under educated... Yes, he purposely wants stupid people to follow him to raise his numbers. They will also believe what he says with more conviction.

This guy is a tool -- always has been, always will be.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Anyone who has two brain cells to rub together knows this guy is nothing but a hate spewing moron. Actually I take that back, he's not a moron because he's convinced a ton of people to give him money to lie to them. Oh well, sheep are easy to lead.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Some got it.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

The increase of harsh weather has been on the rise. The severity of natural disasters have increased over recent years. This is not natural and you are assuming. Anyone that denies the two above facts are in denial or purposefully lying and makes them self an enemy to mankind.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
As usual, RUSH IS RIGHT. The heat index was made up as was the wind chill and a host of others. IT'S NOT THE ACTUAL TEMPERATURE FOLKS..it's how you 'FEEL'....I know people who can work outside in the summer here in south Louisiana and not have a problem while others can't handle it. It's HOT outside folks, IT'S FRIGGIN' SUMMER!!!!!!!....read closely...SUMMER=HOT,,,WINTER=COLD....not to hard......

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It's the Solar Maximum causing heat to rocket.

Today is record breaking heat in the NE.

And yes, I believe temperature is relative and not standard. I can be in the room that is stupid cold with 3 other people and will feel fine, while everyone else is freezing to death.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sgtrocknroll
As usual, RUSH IS RIGHT. The heat index was made up as was the wind chill and a host of others. IT'S NOT THE ACTUAL TEMPERATURE FOLKS..it's how you 'FEEL'....I know people who can work outside in the summer here in south Louisiana and not have a problem while others can't handle it. It's HOT outside folks, IT'S FRIGGIN' SUMMER!!!!!!!....read closely...SUMMER=HOT,,,WINTER=COLD....not to hard......

So windchill doesn't exist either? I suggest you stop wearing wind protective gear in winter since it doesn't affect you...you'd be the only person on the planet, go join a circus or something to show of your skill

Doubting windchill...you can't be that uneducated

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sgtrocknroll

no, he is 100% wrong. it was first proposed by George, a private citizen. it's right in the thread. most people would agree that it is hot in the summer, but a dew point (commie scam !!!) of 75 is literally unheard of up here

ok, stick your head back in the sand now, or you might learn something

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Okay. I know you're coming from. You're right. I think it's ratings and I also think it's for safety. If you tell someone that it's 97 outside, they're not going to be as careful as they would be if someone told them it's going to feel like 115 outside.

The only time I ever got heat stroke was in 95 degree weather with low humidity. I lost something like 10lbs over the course of a day because I didn't sweat as much as we normally would down here in TN. Humidity I'm used too.

Thanks for explaining your viewpoint to me so I can understand better.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk

The increase of harsh weather has been on the rise. The severity of natural disasters have increased over recent years. This is not natural and you are assuming. Anyone that denies the two above facts are in denial or purposefully lying and makes them self an enemy to mankind.

I am the one assuming? Can give me an accurate detailed account of the Earth's weather and natural disaster history to back up your claim that things are going unnatural?

We humans are shortsighted creatures. Our past experiences and current knowledge (or ignorance) dictates our ability to critically think about a current situation. You are claiming that harsh weather is on the rise, as if there have never been hot summers; or cold winters; or earthquakes that happen every day?

Can you show me how the severity of natural disasters has increased? You made the claim so this burden of proof falls to you. Are tornadoes becoming more destructive? Hurricanes have been relatively anemic and the Climate Change scare mongers have gotten the past few years wrong in regards to their increased frequency and power. Are earthquakes becoming more violent? Compared to what?

Answer those and I will take your reply to me with serious consideration, until then, you offer nothing.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I really believe these people do things like this to discount all conspiracy theorist to be crazy wack jobs or maybe he is just too stupid to realize how redicules he sounds. well either way i never watch these spin shows so it makes no matter to me what anyone in fools world says!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It actually was 109 here in Vegas today. My pregnant wife, infant son and 5 year old nephew were outside for short periods of time. It was super hot but we were well hydrated and as prepared as could be. It felt like it was 120 in the car, probably because it was. I grew up in the Midwest, lived in a 3 story house with no air conditioning in Iowa during college and I can tell you it is a lot hotter here than it is there. You just need to take appropriate precautions.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join