It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh: The Killer 116° Heat Index Is ‘Manufactured By The Government’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Source

Spinning a conspiracy theory that puts his listeners’ lives at risk, hate radio merchant Rush Limbaugh argued that government warnings of life-threatening heat are “playing games”:

"They’re playing games with us on this heat wave, again. Even Drudge. Drudge getting sucked in here. Going to be 116 in Washington. No, it’s not. It’s gonna be like 100, maybe 99. A heat index, manufactured by the government to tell you what it feels like when you add the humidity in there."

Source #2

Is this guy brain dead? The heat index across the country east of the Rocky Mountains has been deadly and he is going to claim that this is some government conspiracy. That is right people, this is a perfectly normal day unlike any others do not believe those lying meteorologists who are in bed with big government, specifically the Al Gore crowd, who have intentionally manufactured the heat index so as to scare people into thinking it is actually hot! This way we will run out and buy a copy of 'Inconvenient Truth'.

Even if you do not believe in global warming as man-made you cannot rationally deny the fact that our weather has become extreme with dangerous summers and winters. The heat index across the Midwest and East is real, it will be 105-115*F. So listen to Rush at your own peril but I guarantee he is living it up in a well air-conditioned studio, driving an air-conditioned car, and living in an air-conditioned house that is well insulated.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The man is an idiot. Always has been, always will be!

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If Rush shut his fat mouth, that would cut the heat and humidity by several degrees. Anyone got duct tape?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Like Rush would know...

Sitting in his AC studio and his mansion.

It's ****** hot!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Pop another pill, Rush -
you just gotta have something in that stash to cool you down.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
He's really saying that the heat index is a manufactured thing? Do people actually believe him? I really want to say that he's just ill-informed on the topic or that this is a joke because even he could not possibly be this dumb.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yes, it is bloody hot outside! At 8pm, here in Indiana, it is still 91 and feels like 109...
I guess it is theoretically possible that the heat index is man-made, as in caused my earthlings, but it is definitely a very real phenomena.
It's too hot to think! Ugh...Must...get...cool...
Oh, and on a side note, Rush is retarded. All those pain pills he got busted with a few years ago must have melted his brain...
edit on 21-7-2011 by LobeDethFaurt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If we want the tempurature in cities to go down
turn off all the cellular towers.

I ask you,
what happens when you put something in the microwave?

That's right it gets hot.

With the switch to digital, all cell towers trasmit microwaves now.

So one word he used was correct. "Manufactured"

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well ill just go drag his butt out of his ac office and studio and he an go work in the kitchen I do that is 110f

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

HAHA, Hate radio? Totally balanced article :/

If you want to prevent someone from being rich then stop giving them attention.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If the republicans were in power, he would tell his listeners that crap about manufactured weather is just something made up by pinko commie hippies and the evil left-wing media.

Or wait - didn't he do that already?!

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Sounds like the truth to me.

Who made up the Heat Index.

The heat index was developed in 1978 by George Winterling as the "humiture," and was adopted by the National Weather Service a year later.[1] It is derived from work carried out by Robert G. Steadman.[2][3] Like the wind chill index, the heat index contains assumptions about the human body mass and height, clothing, amount of physical activity, thickness of blood, sunlight and ultraviolet radiation exposure, and the wind speed. Significant deviations from these will result in heat index values which do not accurately reflect the perceived temperature.[4]

Heat Index Wiki

While it may have some scientific validity....It was made up.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

What article is balanced these days? You just move around the obvious partisanship to find the truth.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

No one here is going to argue that the heat index is not a formula developed by scientists, what he is saying however is that it is a conspiracy so as to hype up global warming. Clearly if that were the case they would not have developed the heat index back in 1978 when they were predicting global cooling.
edit on 7/21/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Is this guy brain dead? The heat index across the country east of the Rocky Mountains has been deadly and he is going to claim that this is some government conspiracy. That is right people, this is a perfectly normal day unlike any others do not believe those lying meteorologists who are in bed with big government, specifically the Al Gore crowd, who have intentionally manufactured the heat index so as to scare people into thinking it is actually hot! This way we will run out and buy a copy of 'Inconvenient Truth'.

Pleas note that I use the word entertainer, in the following paragraph very, very loosely. I think both Rush and other personalities (such as Hannity, Stewart, et al) are far from entertainers but they are businessmen(women) that play to their audience.

Well, who is more brain dead...those that don't take what an entertainer says with some tongue in cheek (in which a multitude on this site nearly require when John Stewart makes a off the wall comment in the name of entertainment) -- or -- those still pushing his junk he is saying, thus giving him more publicity (there is no bad publicity anymore) by even posting this?!?

The reason for the last question and I am surprised, is this isn't a call to discussion about the trendy Heat Index that has been employed on nearly every reporting news network. This is to vilify, by use of name recognition and an idiotic statement made by that name.

Even if you do not believe in global warming as man-made you cannot rationally deny the fact that our weather has become extreme with dangerous summers and winters. The heat index across the Midwest and East is real, it will be 105-115*F.

I know you are not young Misoir, at least, that has been my estimation. If you think our weather has become "extreme" then you are highly shortsighted and neglecting either 4000 years (if you believe that) or billions of years (if that is your belief) of earth weather history.

I haven't seen something out of the ordinary in regards to the weather. Shifting weather patterns have occurred a couple times in my short life. What is new, is the craze of a new catch phrase "Heat Index". Now, Rush could have played this a bit better, but he has books to sell, and I just have critical thought to offer.

ETA: While Heath Index isn't exactly new, the roll out across news stations far and wide is. It is an important number, but scientifically it is fuzzy. Different people react to heat uniquely. Naturally darker skin tend to withstand heat better than say, fairer skin. This is evident in my olive skinned child and myself, pale and fair. Even humidity taken into play, we feel the "heat index" completely different.
edit on 21-7-2011 by ownbestenemy because: Edited to add...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I already drank about two gallons of generic koolaide today. Just changed my clothes, they felt like they had starch in them because of the salt.

Seems so hot, what are we being hit with, neutrinos? Promised myself not to mention the "E" word today, but this is on the time line.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I am not here to deny that we have observed weather in the past whether it be billions, millions, thousands, hundreds or even several years that have been more extreme than it has been this past decade, rather what I am saying is that when taking into consideration merely this past century we are experiencing unusually regular temperature swings each season. This is not to say that 2010 winter was colder than 1980 or this summer is hotter than 1933, rather what I am saying is that we have regularly observed continual weather swings each year.

For instance in my home state of Florida, back in December it reached 14 here, January 2010 we went 16 days with lows below 32, and the past two summers have been at least 4 degrees above average. Droughts and fires have also become more numerous and widespread here while our subtropical daily thunderstorms have only occurred 2 weeks so far this summer when we tend to experience them from June-September.

Now if we are to argue that weather today is more extreme than over a century ago I will not make the case that it is. I am only saying extreme in the relative sense of the past century, which I should have obviously been clearer on.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thank you for the clarification and I see what you are saying. As to Rush, he play's the heavy handed satirical tongue in cheek style that some like and other do not. Does it make what he said okay? Absolutely not because there are plenty of his listeners that will take it as the truth and not for what it is, political satire.

It doesn't excuse his statement, but then again, that is his job. Also, good to see you around Misoir

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
They had a heat index warning where I was today. With full AC inside I was sweating. When I walked outside it felt like I was standing next to an incinerator.

Most manual laborers in my area were sent home for the day and I can see why, considering the walk to my car was draining.

The heat index is real.
edit on 21-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
how is reading a thermometer a government conspiracy. rush is back on the prescription pills in a big way. i think he graduated to hardcore full on methamphetamine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join