It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh: The Killer 116° Heat Index Is ‘Manufactured By The Government’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It's Limbaugh, why is anyone surprised?? He doesn't care about facts, all he does day in and out is rant complete and utter nonsense.

If you pretend he's Stephen Colbert, it's actually quite funny to listen to him...but taking him serious is beyond laughable

I guess according to him, the wind chill factor doesn't exist either

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I challenge Rush to do his broadcast OUTDOORS for an entire day (on camera as well) and let's see how it goes for him

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by coastalite

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Is the equipment calibrated? Is your equipment calibrated? How accurate is there's to yours? These are all logical questions to your post.

Again, yours may be the correct one, but to base an accusation and assumption on lack of data is prevalent and rampant on this site.

I understand the skepticism without hard data. Try it yourself tomorrow if you can. Monitor the temps at home around the hottest part of the day and compare it with what the reptilian local media tells you.

Come on! Is this a conspiracy too? Here is my example. I live in the Dalls/Fort Worth area. This is a large viewing area. The offial recorded temperature for each day is taked from DFW airport. I live 45 minutes from there to the south. It is common for my temps to be a few degrees off from the official temp. Did they lie to me or under report the temps? No.

Same thing goes for rainfall. The official rainfall on a given day is at DFW airport. If it rains at my house but the storm does not go through DFW airport, the official precipitation for the day is zero. Did they lie to me? No. I experienced rain, but officially no rain was recorded at DFW airport. Sometimes north of the airport gets an inch of rain and I don't get anything but clouds.

More looking for everything to be a conspiracy against you, when there is actually nothing going on.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Isn't it amazing how programmed people are to automatically reject a message based purely on who the messenger is?

Talk about killing the messenger...

Technically he is correct in the assertion that the "heat index" which calculates humidity into the equation of temperature, is entirely made up and arbitrary.

Also, consider the ultimate origins of our "temperature" system in the first place. It was all created through our mental creative functions. Temperature as we think of it, in F or C or kelvin or whatever, is actually just the amount of vibration that various molecules exhibit.

Temp Wiki

Temperature is a physical property of matter that quantitatively expresses the common notions of hot and cold. Objects of low temperature are cold, while various degrees of higher temperatures are referred to as warm or hot.

"Hot and Cold" are not real. They don't exist in reality. They are notions the describe an observed property of nature.

In a microscopic explanation, the temperature of a body varies with the speed of the fundamental particles that it contains, raised to the second power. Therefore, temperature is tied directly to the mean kinetic energy of particles moving relative to the center of mass coordinates for that object.

So really temperature is a function of kinetic energy activity.

Rush was technically right, but people reject his idea based off his past and personality. I am not surprised but it is quite a pity.

I don't like the guy personally and I never listen to him but cmon folks, let's be rational here.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Today's Forcasted Highs:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d70f2cc18444.jpg[/atsimg]

Today's Heat Index:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c3aa8ccab49.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice the actual temperatures in the southwest (Pheonix and Las Vegas) is HIGHER than the heat index.

The average temp in Pheonix in July (it's hottest month) is 107 degrees. The record high is 122, set in 1990. Current temps are normal.
weather.com

The average temp in Oklahoma City in July (it's hottest month) is 93 degrees. The record high is 110 set in 1996. Current temp is a little warm, but still normal.
weather.com

The average temp in Chicago in July (it's hottest month) is 84 degrees. The record high is 104 set in 1988. The current temp is well within the normal range.
weather.com

The average temp in Washington, DC in July (it's hottest month) is 88 degrees. The record high is 106 set in 1930. The current temp is warm, but normal.
weather.com

The average temp in New Orleans in July (it's hottest month) is 91 degrees. The record high is 102 set is 1901. Everything is normal.
weather.com
weather.com

The heat index is based on humidity and your personal ability to sweat. I don't want to take away the fact that these two factors combined with warm temperatures can be a risk to health, but the current temperatures across the country are not, in anyway, beyond the normal range.
edit on 7/22/2011 by amaster because: additional info.

edit on 7/22/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I challenge Rush to do his broadcast OUTDOORS for an entire day (on camera as well) and let's see how it goes for him

So are you insinuating that the difference between 100 and 115 F is going to make a difference?

Is 100 F chilly and 115 is super hot?

I don't think so, I know as a fact that 100 and 115 are both pretty steamy.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Rush, shouldn't be creating some jobs somewhere with all that money instead of quabbling about something as stupid as this?

We going to make Rush the leading weatherman now too?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Interesting to note that your first image appears to show the "actual highs" for today (July 22) yet we are many hours away from determining tha actual high temperature for the day. The actual high for north Texas, for example, won't be hit for another 7 hours, yet your image seems to already tell us what the actual high was. Based on this, you data is completely flawed.

edit: your image only shows forcasted highs. It was your statement that claimed these were actual highs rather than forecasted highs.

Also, using one day as an example for what has been an unusually hot summer, isn't good data. I agree that it does get to 100 in July in North Texas. That it has happened for 20 some odd days in a row, which is more than the average for the entire summer, combined with the fact that it got hotter earlier (June was well above normal), makes this a heat wave of unusual proportions for my area. It happens about every 30 years that we have a very hot summer. Last one was in 1980.

edit on 22-7-2011 by usernameconspiracy because: corrected a statement

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
reply to post by amaster

Interesting to note that your first image appears to show the "actual highs" for today (July 22) yet we are many hours away from determining tha actual high temperature for the day. The actual high for north Texas, for example, won't be hit for another 7 hours, yet your image seems to already tell us what the actual high was. Based on this, you data is completely flawed.

edit: your image only shows forcasted highs. It was your statement that claimed these were actual highs rather than forecasted highs.

Also, using one day as an example for what has been an unusually hot summer, isn't good data. I agree that it does get to 100 in July in North Texas. That it has happened for 20 some odd days in a row, which is more than the average for the entire summer, combined with the fact that it got hotter earlier (June was well above normal), makes this a heat wave of unusual proportions for my area. It happens about every 30 years that we have a very hot summer. Last one was in 1980.

edit on 22-7-2011 by usernameconspiracy because: corrected a statement

Yes, excuse me, forcast highs for today. I figured that was understood.

As for comparing one day to that of a whole summer, you can use those links to check the average temps for any day and see that they are all within the normal range. If the daily temperatures were consitantly breaking record highs for an extended period of time then I would worry, but as it stands now, this is just a typical summer in America.

It seems like we go through this ever year. "Massive Heat Wave Grips the Nation!" It's just summer. It gets hot! Drink plenty of water, stay in the shade, and know the signs of heat stress. Other than that, just enjoy the beautiful scenery of bikini clad ladies (or shirtless guys, if thats your preferance)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Sounds like the truth to me.

Heat Index Wiki

While it may have some scientific validity....It was made up.

Geez really? So was the Farenheit and Cesius scales!

Rush works hard to be this stupid.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
wow lol, people really talking about dragging the guy out of his ac? what do you guys not have ac? yeah its hot, but then again here in the south its always hot so I'm used to it. I heard him when he was talking about it, and the impression I got was that he was talking tongue in cheek. it wasn't long ago when climate gate was in the news and people were still being ridiculed as conspiracy theorists even though the findings were purposefully exaggerated, as proven in the emails.

So Rush is an idiot, and Al Gore invented the internet too right? how can a man be an idiot, when he predicts a political move and a week or so later he's right?

Meh it doesn't matter, even in his arrogance Rush has more class than the frustrated, hair pulling, tingly legged liberal talking heads.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Its only 11 am and its already 100 here in TX!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's 96 degrees here right now. It feels like 97.

just my 2cents

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Even if you do not believe in global warming as man-made you cannot rationally deny the fact that our weather has become extreme with dangerous summers and winters. The heat index across the Midwest and East is real, it will be 105-115*F. So listen to Rush at your own peril but I guarantee he is living it up in a well air-conditioned studio, driving an air-conditioned car, and living in an air-conditioned house that is well insulated.

Just to let you guys know, last week Owensboro, KY hit a heat index of 123 degrees. This week, it's even higher in some places.

Source

The heat wave in recent days has brought heat index values -- which measure how hot it feels -- to as high as 131, the weather service said. Heat indices on Tuesday reached 129 in Newton, Iowa; 121 in Taylorville, Illinois; 122 in Gwinner, North Dakota; and 123 in Hutchinson, Minnesota

That is insanely hot. Maybe if Rush would stop talking, the temp would drop a little. He's always blowing so much hot air. Maybe global warming is his fault (well, him and Beck.)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
reply to post by Misoir

I

Seems so hot, what are we being hit with, neutrinos?

No, it wouldn't be neutrinos (Italian for "little neutral one") warming things up, Although we are being "hit" by them all the time. Neutrinos don't really react with matter, except gravitationally, and that just barely, because they have an almost (but not quite) zero mass, and also by the weak interaction. When hydrogen in the sun undergoes fusion, and becomes helium, changing a proton into a neutron, neutrinos are emitted. They are also emitted in beta decay, one of the forms of radioactive decay. Neutrinos travel at almost, but not quite since they have a non-zero mass, the speed of light. They were theorized by the great physicist Wolfgang Pauli in 1930 but weren't proven to exist until at least 1956 since they are very difficult to detect.
The heat we are feeling ultimately originates with a different subatomic particle, the photon.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It was hot enough yesterday at work that the supervisor, who usually doesn't give a # about our safety, went around the floor and encouraged us all to drink the complimentary Gatorade they put out for us.

Rush Limbaugh is an idiot. I knew that as a fact when he accused Michael J. Fox of faking his Parkinson's symptoms. What does he know about outdoor temperatures when he's sitting on his fat ass in an air-conditioned studio? I can't stand how arrogant he is when he really has no credentials whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Of course so-called "global warming" or "climate change" is man-made. I believe it is manufactured, but not in the way Rush presents it to the people.

There is weather modification technology out there that can create heat waves of the magnitude we've been experiencing in much of the U.S. this week. It can also create hurricanes, major snowstorms, even set off volcano eruptions and earthquakes (remember the 2004 tsunami in southeast Asia?).

The technology exists, and since the corporate media does not acknowledge it does (at least not to my knowledge), it becomes quite easy to sell the concept of "climate change" to the public. It also becomes easy for Rush to present his spin. All the while, weather modification technology could be a potential weapon against other nations or population control device within a country. . . and many people would never know. . .

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Rush thrives on controversy.

All of you who posted about Rush being an idiot are providing fuel for him.

You are dups. If you want Rush to go away just don't listen to him, don't acknowledge him, and don'tp ost anti Rush rants.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tncryptogal

The heat wave in recent days has brought heat index values -- which measure how hot it feels -- to as high as 131, the weather service said. Heat indices on Tuesday reached 129 in Newton, Iowa; 121 in Taylorville, Illinois; 122 in Gwinner, North Dakota; and 123 in Hutchinson, Minnesota

That is insanely hot. Maybe if Rush would stop talking, the temp would drop a little. He's always blowing so much hot air. Maybe global warming is his fault (well, him and Beck.)

It is no question it is hot, but 120+ is not the temperature. That is the perceived feeling that can very from person to person, area to area. My question remains from earlier posts....why the blanket media use of "Heat Index" as the preferred method of reporting temperature?

Is it to garner more viewers? Are summers going to be like tornado season along Tornado Alley where all the news agencies spend hours coming up with new catch phrases and graphics just slightly inform but more so to get viewership up?

Here is my prediction for next winter: You will not see temperatures. You will see "Wind Chill" as the reported temperature because it is more extreme and people have insatiable appetites for extreme reporting.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A few years ago I watched an early video of Mr. Limbaugh where he told the secret of his success. That video is no longer available, but I did find a web site that documented what was said by Mr. Limbaugh.

writingjunkie.net...

Keeping in mind that the law of averages indicates that half the people who listen to you are not going to like you, (you've) still got to find a way to make those that don't like you to enjoy listening to your program and that is really the key to the entertainment that people turn on radio to be entertained, entertained, entertained. ... A lot of people say, "Do you really believe the stuff you say?" I don't know. That's for you to figure out. (Rush Limbaugh)

What I take from his words is that it doesn't matter if he believes what says is true as long as it stirs emotions and keeps his ratings up, despite if he believes it or not. But I'm sure by this this time in his career, he probably believes his own rhetoric ramblings.

Too many sheep and not enough independent thinkers.
edit on 22-7-2011 by ObservingTheWorld because: (sp)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join