It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh: The Killer 116° Heat Index Is ‘Manufactured By The Government’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I was specific to the 1988 heatwave.
Also, my experience was with Michigan.
Weather was not hyped then as it is now.

Again, you are wrong:

Heat Spurs Air Pollution Alert in Parts of Midwest By The Associated Press Published: July 09, 1988 Residents of parts of the Midwest were warned yesterday of unhealthy air pollution trapped by a stifling heat wave, and Wisconsin officials said rural school projects ....

www.nytimes.com...

L.A. Times Archives Health Expert Says 10,000 Could Perish in Heat Wave [Home Edition] Los Angeles Times (pre-1997 Fulltext) - Los Angeles, Calif. Author: LARRY GREEN; MARK LAWRENCE Date: Aug 17, 1988

pqasb.pqarchiver.com...:59866952&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Aug+17%2C+1988&author=LARRY+GREE N%3B+MARK+LAWRENCE&pub=Los+Angeles+Times+%28pre-1997+Fulltext%29&desc=Health+Expert+Says+10%2C000+Could+Perish+in+Heat+Wave&pqatl=google

Is your little plastic castle a surprise every time?

edit on 21-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think there may be a conspiracy to UNDER REPORT on temps.

It's almost always 5 degrees hotter than what they report on local weather.

My digital temp was 104 today but the weatherman said it only got up to 98 in my city.

You watch. They are calling for 101 tomorrow here in my zip code. So, my radio transmitted digital gauge (in the shade) will be 106.

Try it yourself. Check the temp at home and then see what they report.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastalite
I think there may be a conspiracy to UNDER REPORT on temps.

It's almost always 5 degrees hotter than what they report on local weather.

My digital temp was 104 today but the weatherman said it only got up to 98 in my city.

You watch. They are calling for 101 tomorrow here in my zip code. So, my radio transmitted digital gauge (in the shade) will be 106.

Try it yourself. Check the temp at home and then see what they report.

While I don't contend your readings, you have to remember that news stations do not have measuring equipment placed all over the coverage area. Typically, they pull data from a local airport, the news station and several schools in the area.

Depending on where that equipment is located will determine the temperature recorded. Is the equipment calibrated? Is your equipment calibrated? How accurate is there's to yours? These are all logical questions to your post.

Again, yours may be the correct one, but to base an accusation and assumption on lack of data is prevalent and rampant on this site.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Is the equipment calibrated? Is your equipment calibrated? How accurate is there's to yours? These are all logical questions to your post.

Again, yours may be the correct one, but to base an accusation and assumption on lack of data is prevalent and rampant on this site.

I understand the skepticism without hard data. Try it yourself tomorrow if you can. Monitor the temps at home around the hottest part of the day and compare it with what the reptilian local media tells you.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Rush is a flaming idiot.

The heat index is the flip side of the wind-chill index. It may only show 20° F but with wind chill be the equivalent of -20°, which can cause frost bite of exposed skin.

The reason they publish these heat indexes is to inform people of the danger of excessive heat (or cold for the wind-chill index), that isn't necessarily reflected by a thermometer. Joggers may think it's safe to go jogging in 98° F heat, not knowing it's really more like 116° when humidity is factored in.

The real danger here is that an idiot like Rush Limbaugh is so deeply in denial about climate change that he would rather misinform his followers and put their health at risk than acknowledge something that is as fundamentally sound as a heat index.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
reply to post by Misoir

I already drank about two gallons of generic koolaide today.

Generic Koolaide???

second

third

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Um, just wanted to point (and I'll let everyone get back to the Rush Hate-a-polooza) is that the media is using the heat index as a way to sell the story.
Forget unemployment, forget the economy, QE3, it's HOT!

The same thing would be used in winter (using windchill factors instead of actual temps) to sell the drama.

It gets hot in the summer. It gets cold in the winter.

I'm not sure why people get shocked by this each and every year.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Ofcourse they believe them. He tells them what they wanted to hear anyway. Government is lying, climate change is a hoax, and it's all part of Obama's master plan to enslave white people. His listeners lap it up like a dog eats vomit.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

reply to post by Misoir

Generic Koolaide???

second

third

Sure, from the dollar store. 10 cents a packet. We're not all big shots. I was in the home repair store and buying stuff and some lady came to the register and told the clerk that her home was 100F last night inside.

She seemed frantic. This stuff is heating us inside like a microwave oven. It could pass through earth without even slowing down.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

reply to post by Misoir

Generic Koolaide???

second

third

Sure, from the dollar store. 10 cents a packet. We're not all big shots. I was in the home repair store and buying stuff and some lady came to the register and told the clerk that her home was 100F last night inside.

She seemed frantic. This stuff is heating us inside like a microwave oven. It could pass through earth without even slowing down.

FYI you can get straight Tanny's and save a bundle on the packaging.

My home, no crap, hit 117 inside in 2007, no insulation, it is always bone dry here... I recall seeing those heat waves you see on the blacktop along the ceiling.

Good luck

Generic Koolaide was a Martin Lawrence routine, oops

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
A heat index is the same thing as a wind chill factor. Yes the forumula is man made, but the formula for calculating temperature is also "man made". Humidity does make it feel hotter, just as wind makes it feel colder. I don't know how it works...I'm not a scientist, but the formula exists because man created it.

Rush Limbaugh just likes to stir the pot and make everything out to be the governments fault.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I can't lie, I became very excited when Rush said the Government is playing games. I was thinking maybe Rush will speculate weather control or modification by the Government to reduce the flooded rivers of not so long ago. Remember the threatening floods of not so long ago? Anybody?

Then Rush did it; he based his conspiracy on a statistical calculation. Wow, talk about a let down. That's alright, because the guy is really not about connecting the dots, and is more like tabloid trash radio filling people's minds with useless information. Ever since Reagan gave this guy importance a couple of decades ago, it looks like he lost all rational thought.

Can't really blame the guy. Going from an air conditioned home to an air conditioned limo to an air conditioned office to an air conditioned restaurant and ingesting all that Freon can really numb a guys mind. Now Rush knows a thing or two about mind numbing substances I gather.

The guys needs to chill out and realize that Some Like It Hot.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
In the past decades pollution was chemicals dumped all over from America being stupid and dumping those toxins all over.

Today America is being stupid again as the Electro Magnetic Spectrum from Congress selling the air waves has created a plethora of devices transmitting all over America......spinning up molecules as the energy is transmitted. America has more satellites beaming down energy to the United States than anywhere's else on Earth.

All those Direct TV satellites, communications, Sirius satellite radio....it's all beaming energy down to the US....24/7.

Plus remember NASA's plan to get rid of all the radiation around Earth? They were going to use a giant space tether connected to a satellite to receive the radiation and transmit it to Earth's upper atmosphere as energy.

Plus look at allllllll the radioactive waste sitting in every State. It's all giving off radiation which is also spinning up atoms in the atmosphere...........

The energy from the sun is getting a superhighway over America and riding on those atoms in air molecules over the US which are spinning like heck......the superhighway of the sun's emissions are blasting the United States easier than anywhere's else on Earth. Los Angeles got nailed awhile ago and gamma rays on geiger counters hit over 800 counts per minute.......from...Cosmic Radiation riding the superhighway to Earth's core.

Yellowstone is getting energized.

The past generation was stupid because they were dumping poisons/toxins/chemicals all over.
This generation is stupid because they do not comprehend what all their electronic communications and radioactive waste are doing.....creating a superhighway for the Sun's Cosmic energy to Earth.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Is wind chill a conspiracy to support Al Gore's agenda?

This guy must be running out of material (or pills).
We all know what the heat index is, Rush. We all realize it isn't the actual temperature, but that it's the relative temp when humidity is factored in.

Here's the kicker. We all tune in to weather data because we want to know what we will be feeling! The actual number doesn't matter. If it feels like it is 110 degrees outside, then it's 110 degrees outside. If I dehydrate faster or my dog could die much quicker, then guess what Rush? It matters and it is not an Obama secret plan. If he managed to get his huge butt outside for a jog he would have a clue.

He knows better. He is just feeding his listeners what they want to hear. I'm sure he will somehow link Jihad and terrorism to relative humidity next week.
- Or he will find some Dilaudid and all will be happy in Limbaugh-land.

edit on 22-7-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Is this guy brain dead?

Si, Senor.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Im in nw indiana and it was hot as hell today the car read 106 outisde temp so i called the weather number 12199339000 to refrence it and it said 101 hot ass summer but dont believe that opiate addict its just summer come on winter will be great lol
edit on 22-7-2011 by ed1320 because: just called back

btw 82 at 251 pretty hot for the am

edit on 22-7-2011 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Oh fiddle-faddle...

I don't know about heat index but I know how to read a thermometer. For years and years I worked as a telephone company line trouble-shooter in the Imperial Desert of Southern California. The average summer temperatures are around 110 and up to 117 is not uncommon. Once in a while they go down to 102 or so. A little north by the Salton Sea I have personally worked outside in temperatures of more than 122. It was so hot you could not touch anything made of metal with out gloves. I had no A/C in my truck either and if the window was left down the vehicle would become filled with flies so I always left the windows up. For protection I wore a white hardhat with side and back curtains.

Over in Phoenix, Arizona the official high a few years back was 132. Yep. Real temp. No indexing used. Oh how I'd like to put some duct tape over the Limbaugh lip and show him what hot is.

Pussy.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by coastalite

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
Is the equipment calibrated? Is your equipment calibrated? How accurate is there's to yours? These are all logical questions to your post.

I understand the skepticism without hard data. Try it yourself tomorrow if you can. Monitor the temps at home around the hottest part of the day and compare it with what the reptilian local media tells you.

I can and I will. Since I have access to several different measuring devices. I just find it interesting though. The news (and I share your skepticism regarding them; minus the reptilian part), gives an overall average for a given area. You are expecting it to be spot on with your exact geographical location. I am not sure what you want on this.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Ofcourse they believe them. He tells them what they wanted to hear anyway. Government is lying, climate change is a hoax, and it's all part of Obama's master plan to enslave white people. His listeners lap it up like a dog eats vomit.

How do you extend that logic to the vast majority of the western world that is NOT the US and does NOT have a black president ?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Even if you do not believe in global warming as man-made you cannot rationally deny the fact that our weather has become extreme with dangerous summers and winters. The heat index across the Midwest and East is real, it will be 105-115*F. So listen to Rush at your own peril but I guarantee he is living it up in a well air-conditioned studio, driving an air-conditioned car, and living in an air-conditioned house that is well insulated.

Our ancestors(Homo-Sapiens-Sapiens) survived the Ice ages and much higher temperatures.

Get over it.

Much worse will happen when the Ice Age Returns.
edit on 22-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join