It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to add 20,000 troops to US streets in the event of Civil unrest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
And it is coming.

The Pentagon to add 20,000 troops to US streets in the event of Civil unrest

They are obviously worried about something. They know people are getting more and more angry, we just learned that Chicago is already training it's police force to preform mass arrests during the next NATO and G-8 summits planned for next spring.

Even if you don't believe this report/source... is it really a stretch that they are planning to do this if the US defaults/cuts deficit by half, putting millions of people out of a job? I mean, it's just common sense they are planning to do this.

Totally violating pose commitatus... but of course they don't care, they haven't been caring for years with militarized police.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The military will not fire on its own citizens.
The military men and women are just as tired of the government as the normal people, in fact, even more so because they're at the brunt of all the governments decisions.

If they fire on a single soul, the government, the military industrial complex. Will be over.

There are militias throughout the US, preparing for this event, if it comes to pass. =P
edit on 21/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
The military men and women are just as tired of the government as the normal people, in fact, even more so because they're at the brunt of all the governments decisions.

If they fire on a single soul, the government, the military industrial complex. Will be over.

Riiiiight. If we look at history, sorry but 99.9% of the time, the military is gonna side with the government and screw the population.

And even if a bunch of them refuses, they'll just hire mercenaries.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yea you'd need to verify this from a better source than what you have. Always in cases like this there is far more to the story even if it is true.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

There are militias throughout the US, preparing for this event, if it comes to pass. =P

Lol....really??? People in the forces are conditioned....if they are given an order...they obey...no questions.

Like a few dudes with a few small arms can take on the government with all its BIG GUNS lol.....i think your very optimistic

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The real question they should be asking themselves is what do they expect to gain. Putting troops on the streets can go either way, or both. Of the 20,000 going to the streets and if something does happen and martial law or whatever is declared, how many of those troops will refuse to restrict their very own brothers and sisters. Twenty thousand does not sound like very many considering the fact the troops themselves could and would then turn on the very government that gives them their orders. Personally, of the 20,000 assigned to keep the populace in check, I think 10,000 +/- would not obey those orders and come to the side of the citizens.

Putting the military into a position of having to make a decision between TPTB and the citizens they swore an oath to protect might be just what the doctor ordered to get things done. TPTB are powerless without our military backing them and we as citizens are defenseless without the military. I think it is in some ways a good thing that they are considering the military use, either way it turns out, we will know where we stand in regards to our military and what we may or may not need to do with regards of our own well being and who is really watching our backs.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just an FYI

THIS is scarier than the Army. Just my humble opinion. . . .

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I don't know. I mean it seems to have been working pretty well in the middle east.

What are "we" up to now? 70 million per insurgent killed? Sounds like "we" will be on the corner giving hand-jobs for food before "they" run out of insurgents to throw against "us."

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You must understand though, There are a lot of military that are tired of the government, and a lot of people still do have morals no matter how much they've been manipulated.

But as far as i know, Military are are sworn to protect the constitution, not the government.

No telling what will happen, but S is gunna HTF soon.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Totally violating pose commitatus... but of course they don't care

The "Posse Comitatus" Act has been eroded and can be circumvented when needed. The following article talks about the erosion of the Act and how it can be circumvented:

www.homelandsecurity.org...

The article also talks about how the "Posse Comitatus" Act prohibits using Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines for law enforcement in the U.S., but the Coast Guard and National Guard are exempt and are permitted to engage in law enforcement duties within the U.S. borders.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Just an FYI

THIS is scarier than the Army. Just my humble opinion. . . .

Ah yes a pre war depression,Hittler's Youth and Brown Shirt's.History doesn't repeat,I tell myself before I go to sleep.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Really? Scarier? How so?

A civilian security force is not a bad thing. After all, it is the civilian security force that saw to it that we tore ourselves from British control. The civilian security force or militia, is the reason why we have a president and not a king.

We may not care much for our president or recent string of them, but I do care very much for what it means and the idea behind it none the less.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
~snip~

Like a few dudes with a few small arms can take on the government with all its BIG GUNS lol.....i think your very optimistic

Isn't that exactly what's been going on in Afghanistan and Iraq for the last dozen or more years? You know, the insurgency? Think about how successful they've been at avoiding the brunt of our BIG GUNS with a few ragtag islamic extremists packing outdated and improvised weaponry, and how much it's cost us to engage them so far.

Now scale that up to approximately 52 million american households owning 260 million guns and think about it some more.

Yeah, it's going to be a bloodbath all right, of that, I have zero doubt.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I can actually see this as a possibility.
I believe people are becoming are becoming more determined to set our government straight and I think that frightens them. As for the military mentality, they are conditioned to do what they are told without question. I spent 6 years in the service doing things that didn't always make sense, but did not question. I could see people getting hurt in this scenario.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedMIB
reply to post by Vitchilo

I can actually see this as a possibility.
I believe people are becoming are becoming more determined to set our government straight and I think that frightens them. As for the military mentality, they are conditioned to do what they are told without question. I spent 6 years in the service doing things that didn't always make sense, but did not question. I could see people getting hurt in this scenario.

However, on the flipside, I took my oath to defend the Constitution and should I be given an order to harm a citizen in any way, physically, mentally, or personal freedoms, I would ignore that order without a doubt and many of the others that I served with feel the same. They and I would turn on our government in a heart beat if we were told to raise our arms to our brother and sister civilians. I took my orders as well and performed them without question, but I was never ordered to cross this line.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by beezzer

Really? Scarier? How so?

A civilian security force is not a bad thing. After all, it is the civilian security force that saw to it that we tore ourselves from British control. The civilian security force or militia, is the reason why we have a president and not a king.

We may not care much for our president or recent string of them, but I do care very much for what it means and the idea behind it none the less.

A civilian force answerable to Obama, and not the constitution would be a devastating blow to any thinkin American.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

For every 4 that would fire on their own citizens....2 won't. So at least that would lead to a "civil war" among the military and maybe break it up into different branches. Then de-powerize, the section that is for the people and grant more power to the ones that favor the gov.

I believe the NAZI's did that too.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Lol....really??? People in the forces are conditioned....if they are given an order...they obey...no questions.

I think you are too much of a "know it all"..

Are you in the military ? Would you fire on your own people ? Then this is really about what you would do and not what you think the soldiers would do.

I know a few people in the military who for a fact would just not shoot their own people.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

With the snippet of information you provided I did not take it that way as video is not complete and easily taken out of context.

A civilian security(militia) from the people and for the people is one thing and a civilian security force answering to the president is another, not to mention contradictory in itself.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

I think you are too much of a "know it all"..

Are you in the military ? Would you fire on your own people ? Then this is really about what you would do and not what you think the soldiers would do.

I know a few people in the military who for a fact would just not shoot their own people.

Exactly. There is a lot of 'yes sir' 'no sir', But for every soldier that has a family and has children, they will not fire. Because they will see their family, and their children in the eyes of the countrymen and women they would be shooting.

Murderers on the other hand? not a care in the world. So, probably 50/50.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join