It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to add 20,000 troops to US streets in the event of Civil unrest

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I hope those of you who are stating that the military would not harm their own.... are right!

I look at how the police are arresting people for things that just blow my mind. What's to say the military wont turn when push comes to shove?

Just saying.....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Two words

Bonus Army

Look it up then think that soldiers won't fire on American civilians.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
I hope those of you who are stating that the military would not harm their own.... are right!

I look at how the police are arresting people for things that just blow my mind. What's to say the military wont turn when push comes to shove?

Just saying.....

This is not to say there would not be incidents of the military harming citizens, it will happen. But the majority is what needs to be looked at and I do not see the military as a whole even if it does mean the orders are given but ignored by the soldiers. I do not see it being as bad as some make it out to be. Some soldiers may not fully understand what the oath means that they took.

The police are a different entity all together and cannot be compared with the military. The psychology is different, the training is different, their oath is different and the reasons for existence are different and if there is anywhere to place some fear then it should be placed mainly on law enforcement and not the military.

When SHTF I will not stand next to a police officer, but I will stand next to a military person any day.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by beezzer

With the snippet of information you provided I did not take it that way as video is not complete and easily taken out of context.

A civilian security(militia) from the people and for the people is one thing and a civilian security force answering to the president is another, not to mention contradictory in itself.

With the DHS and Big Sister Napolitano slamming the militias at their every oppourtunity do you honestly believe that any civilian army that Obama developes won't have certain "safeguards" in place to insure that they don't start thinking for themselves?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I recently watched this video and I believe this Marine speaks for many of our military. I feel there is something on the horizon but just can't put my finger on it.

youtu.be...

I could not figure out how to embed the video...so if someone else could assist, that would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beckster00

Here you go

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If they want the streets to be safe they should give 'everyone' a gun.

Instant Army. Why would the government not utilize such a resource?

Plus crime will drop like a stone when the hoodlums realize that that old frail looking granny grew up in the depression and shot rabbits for the cook pot so she is a crack shot.

I'm tapped out. I don't want to have to pay for 20,000 extra people on the payroll.
How do I opt out of paying for programs I do not authorize, just deduct that portion of the taxes from my bill.
edit on 21-7-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

think so why 20,000 for these are the ones that see you as the enemy "foreign and domestic"
yes i took the oath long ago, and now i know better, but how many might think that you or me might be, when it is them that are?
Question "can you shoot/kill your dad, your mom, your brother/ sister,friend,neighbor, my self, if he/ she is a deemed threat to the US and to the Constitution that you swore to up hold and protect?",
yes sir i do,
what if you are ordered to do so?
put your answer here,
and then you will know.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by beezzer

With the snippet of information you provided I did not take it that way as video is not complete and easily taken out of context.

A civilian security(militia) from the people and for the people is one thing and a civilian security force answering to the president is another, not to mention contradictory in itself.

With the DHS and Big Sister Napolitano slamming the militias at their every oppourtunity do you honestly believe that any civilian army that Obama developes won't have certain "safeguards" in place to insure that they don't start thinking for themselves?

This is where we as a nation have failed ourselves. It is our Constitutional duty to have, or the means to have our own militia but we have systematically allowed lobbyists and tree huggers to chastise anything of this nature and turn those that do into black sheep. This right here is a usurpation of the Constitution. We are meek and timid. I do admit that there are some militias out there that have broken laws and made threats but for these, they are only extremists and have probably never even read the Consitution. There are some legitimate militias out there that do good things and are ready to protect us at any moment. Any true militia under the pretense of the Constitution would never take orders from the president, that is not the point of a militia.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
...will the military turn on the population if ordered?... some wont - some will - some will only ignore orders when it comes to protecting their own family...

...private militias?... most of them are racist bible-thumpin idiots who would become a nightmare for anyone they didnt approve of...

...mercenary groups?... blackwater (or whatever they call themselves now) is a federally approved slaughter machine that is beyond the laws that govern the rest of us...

...as scary as all that is - i dont think it'll happen... why?... cuz folks trapped in concentration camps cant contribute to the tax base, cant support the pharmacuetical corps or the medical industry, cant perpetuate the lie that our votes count...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Where are they going to get 20,000 troops?

They're all deployed overseas and the rest have been crippled.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Hittler's Youth and Brown Shirt's.History doesn't repeat,I tell myself before I go to sleep.

...lol @ bedtime comfort sarcasm...

...thought i'd mention (cuz so many dont realize or prefer not to admit) that the nazi programs of germany were heavily endorsed effective methods here in the good ol usofa long before nazis were hatched...

...funny (in a putrid way) how some enjoy pretending that obama is hitleresque but gwb wasnt and, more importantly, that none of our previous presidents were... (comment directed at no one in particular)...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is a report coming from RT? There are some things I am unclear on? Where is the documentation or statement by an official spokesperson from the Pentagon? Are these troops going to Federal or State National Guard? No, FOIA requests if information is being willfully with held? So, I find some discrepancies in the reporting. I am not saying it is untrue, but their reporting is shoddy by my standards on this issue. They talked to some people on the street and a think tank, but not one official from the Pentagon? Hmm . . .

This is an issue that concerns me since hearing President Eisenhower's farewell speech and the influence of the military industrial complex, the Patriot Act, massive government growth, and the new world we have before us with all the fear mongering and economic uncertainty. Therefore, with that in mind, we should keep this issue in back of our minds. Still, this is not a time to be banging pots and pans in the street or howling at the moon over this.

All I ask for is the proof with some kind of corroboration from a person in the Pentagon or official government document. This country experienced nationwide civil unrest before with the Great Depression. Shootouts in broad daylight, bank robberies, organized crime being not so underground, Communists in labor unions, riots, Fascism taking hold in Europe with sympathizers here, and a whole myriad of civil unrest. Where troops policing American cities then? Those instances alone seem like nationwide mass hysteria and civil unrest. Yet, where was the martial law?

At this present time, I will take this report with a grain of salt. I wanna see official documents and an official statement from the Pentagon about this. If that cannot be acquired then I would like to see some honest to goodness investigative reporting! You know wining and dining potential whistle blowers, digging through dumpsters, hidden cameras, FOIA requests, and other methods of tackling the truth. Not some opinion from people on the street or meeting with a person from a think tank. That is not proof or evidence of this happening as it is being reported by RT.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
There's no way this is actually going to happen......but if it does, I wonder what the total number of citizens in militas are? At least a couple thousand.

Who in our government is allowing this to happen though? Where are these "checks and balances" that I learned about in school?

This was announced in late 2008...

The U.S. military expects to have 20,000 uniformed troops inside the United States by 2011 trained to help state and local officials respond to a nuclear terrorist attack or other domestic catastrophe, according to Pentagon officials.
Why is this just now big news? Alex Jones had it on his site too in 2008, I don't understand how we're just now hearing about this in the middle of 2011.

Another question, how could the Pentagon predict a "nuclear terrorist attack" or a "domestic catastrophe" three years before it happens? Sounds to me like we might have another false flag attack up ahead.
edit on 25-7-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

However, on the flipside, I took my oath to defend the Constitution and should I be given an order to harm a citizen in any way, physically, mentally, or personal freedoms, I would ignore that order without a doubt and many of the others that I served with feel the same. They and I would turn on our government in a heart beat if we were told to raise our arms to our brother and sister civilians. I took my orders as well and performed them without question, but I was never ordered to cross this line.

Thank you, Skewed, for saying that.

You're awesome.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beckster00

Here's your vid.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by AzureSky
The military will not fire on its own citizens.
The military men and women are just as tired of the government as the normal people, in fact, even more so because they're at the brunt of all the governments decisions.

If they fire on a single soul, the government, the military industrial complex. Will be over.

Riiiiight. If we look at history, sorry but 99.9% of the time, the military is gonna side with the government and screw the population.

And even if a bunch of them refuses, they'll just hire mercenaries.

American Military to recruit Foreigners

I think I saw on the news they already recruited a lot of foreigners into our military. They know Americans won't turn their guns on the American people......but the foregners will, most hate us anyway. This is probably what they are up to.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Why is this just now big news? Alex Jones had it on his site too in 2008, I don't understand how we're just now hearing about this in the middle of 2011.

Another question, how could the Pentagon predict a "nuclear terrorist attack" or a "domestic catastrophe" three years before it happens? Sounds to me like we might have another false flag attack up ahead.

Thank you for saving me the typing.

Also, if 'they' were supposed to be trained by 2011? Where are they?

I'm not saying it isn't going to happen, I'm just asking for clarification.

peace

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

When senior citizens riot in the streets, if soldiers would shoot them or harm them, I dont think the american public will allow that........taze grandma? I cant see it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
reply to post by Vitchilo

When senior citizens riot in the streets, if soldiers would shoot them or harm them, I dont think the american public will allow that........taze grandma? I cant see it.

Grandma already got body-slammed on the hard concrete in a shopping store parking lot while everyone just stood by. Saw the video on youtube awhile back.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join