It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 MILLION pounds of Food on 3 acres. 10,000 fish and 500 yards of compost!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+164 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I came across this video of a man who has figured out a system to grow 1 million pounds of food on 3 acres along with 10,000 fish.

Videos like this make it pretty clear why big business and the politicians in their pockets are trying so hard to make small farms disappear.

Can you imagine if places like this started popping up all over the country? It would be one giant step towards self reliance and we all know that is the biggest fear of TPTB.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

That's pretty sweet...imagine the implications of that aqua-green house technology on the world's food production...and vertical growing is cool too

Nice find...S&F

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Man, that is epic!
We need to adapt this to outselves, can feed everyone that way and cheaply and efficiently.

Invessst in this.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
A star and flag for you sir. This is utilizing natures natural cycle. I really like to see this sort of thing. Hey added bonus no fallout from Fukishima landing on your tomatoes.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
With all the mess going on around us, and especially the truly sad food conditions, this post was like a breath of unpolluted, flower-scented, highly-oxygenated air!

My brain feels better, so thanks! I will be adding this to my arsenal of growing/harvesting/sustainment information and ideas.

It is important to actually carry out experiments now, so the obstacles, flaws, and bugs can be worked out ahead of time.

Every plan won't work for everyone, so adaptation and experimentation are key, while we still have the luxury to fail.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
That was a great bit of education and a fine catch there. Definitely expanded my mind. Thank you for sharing, I'm going to be looking for ways to pass the vid/info on.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thank you for the information TV_Nation... I always love these video's for effective ways of farming with limited land. I hope later down the line I can create something like this for myself and others in my community ... perhaps a U-Pick-It type of setup where people don't have to worry about GMO and the ever increasing price of food

ETA: I remember seeing other threads regarding almost the same thing... Minimal land, maximum output. If anyone can post links to other similar threads it would be much appreciated!

SnF

Peace,

-AS-
edit on 12-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: typo + SnF + eta

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Wouldn't this solve world hunger for good?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I wish there was more detail available for planning and implementing a like system yourself.

They have workshops but that doesnt do me any good.

www.growingpower.org...!.htm

Anybody find more info? Plans?

ETA: Found some general plans: diyaquaponics.com...
edit on 12-7-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is so clever

No more desperate and starving people in the world

Or will it be a case of: how long before TPTB begin slapping on restrictions and making this idea as difficult as possible?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Outstanding -- and brilliant, kinda makes me think "duh, why haven't we been doing this all along?"

Thanks TV_N, s&f

And the previous mention -- anyone got detailed plans? I've got almost an acre and would love to try a smaller version of this!?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You won't find any plans on that particular site. They sell their system setup for $15K yearly for commission and assistance in setting up. Little steep in my opinion for a non-profit but I sort of understand.

If you type in hydroponics in either google or youtube you will find more than you ever wanted to read on the different types of hydroponics.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Please use search button! This was on ATS 8 Months ago. Nothing new in your thread, just a rehash.

Here is the link
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-7-2011 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yukitup
why haven't we been doing this all along?"

Because that would make sense, and the world can't have that...no it would be too easy.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You cant make this illegal. If you do this in your yard then you have nothing to worry about. Start up these systems everywhere.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

This is a great idea.

I have to re-view the video so i've flagged it.

My wife has studied Permaculture and this looks to be able to extend & integrate well with its ideas of sustainable agriculture.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
thats gonna be some dank produce for sure,,bet it stanks tho..

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Very impressive system.

After seeing that no one should argue that the earth can't sustain it's ever growing population.

Found this website with information on the fish aspect of the aquaculture model. This guy farms tilapia, just like the guy in the OP video.

tilapiafarmingathome.com...

edit on 13-7-2011 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Here is where you can get full blueprints

Aquaponics Blueprints

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
For those of you in small scale housing or appartments, this is also on a smaller scale possible indoors.

I'm experimenting with a tower setup. Not finished yet, but it works!

I'm using it for small herbs, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, etc.

Here is a video of the basic setup, it has changed now with larger growbeds, but the principle is still the same:

Just try it! Have your own fresh food at home!
edit on 13-7-2011 by EarthOccupant because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join