It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Rep. Ron Paul to Retire From Congress

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If the voting system is rigged, im going to vote anyways just to send the message - and also get 5 dollars off at my local diner.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
wow, I didn't expect this
I don't blame him though

His son has commented

“History will record the legislative record of Ron Paul as an extraordinary one – perhaps unparalleled. There probably has never been a more consistent believer in limited government in Congress. America deserves a statesman like Ron Paul as her president, a man I am proud to call my father.”

www.facebook.com...

Crazy

I feel like your Cpt. America avater right now with this news

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So old Ron is looking to join the ranks of the unemployed huh? No worries though he has a nice pension and free medical to fall back on. I would love to see a real conservative in office again but he has no chance of winning.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

He isn't retiring, because he is going to win!

Honestly, I think he sees the same thing a lot of us see. If someone like him doesn't win in 2012, there won't be much of a government to fight for. Things have to change, from within or from without. The country is on the edge. It was on the edge in 2008 and the Tea Party victories bought some temporary reprieve. We need a similar showing in 2012 and it must include the President's seat. If some common sense doesn't get injected into the government, then we won't be worried about any elections in 2014, we will just be worried about eating!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
While I hope that this news is bitter sweet in that we will be losing a Congressman but gaining a President, I don't think that we will have a different person in office come January 2013. I don't believe that the shadowy PTB will have anything to do with it, either. The sad fact is that Obama is a rock star to people that refuse to take care of themselves and there are more of them than there are of us. Personal responsibility is dead in this country, and Obama is the God of their Cult of Entitlements.

I will, however, vote for Dr. Paul even if I have to write his name in, because he is the only candidate that has the cojones to rip off the band-aid like America needs to have happen. This pulling and tugging at each corner is just driving the infection deeper.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It seems that the majority of people on this site agree that Ron Paul is one of the few honest politicians left in this country. Hopefully the same goes for Americans all over, not just here. To be honest though the way mainstream media has been smearing doo-doo in Ron Pauls face, like with lying about polls or charity donations, I could see them voting for some idiot. If Bachman or Obama get elected, I will sink into the deepest stages of depression and probably drive myself insane with rage at the stupidity of the American people.

Is there anybody on here that doesn't think Ron Paul would make a great president, and if so, why?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Dr. Paul is our last white hope, our liberties our being taken away slowly but surely. Even his opponets our using some of his views, suchas romney. If you guys really join the fight to get him the win at the iowa straw poll, this is the most imprtant at this time. If you are on facebook go to these pages...ron paul, ron paul 2012, blue republican, they need volunteers to help with the iowa poll. Please do what you can, this is a very important time for Paul. If you need any help, or info please dont hesitate message me. Ron Paul 2012!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
End the war on drugs,

Mr. Paul

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
So old Ron is looking to join the ranks of the unemployed huh? No worries though he has a nice pension and free medical to fall back on. I would love to see a real conservative in office again but he has no chance of winning.

You don't know Ron Paul.

He does not participate in the Congressional Pension plan or medical plan.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Voting? Ha! I'm really shocked how many of you actually still buy into that fallacy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join