It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock markets in France, Portugal, Belgium and Netherlands having technical problems

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I wanted to post on this thread my opinion
but I already did this here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

related maybe ???

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Get your DVRs ready to record history in the making this morning.
I bet we will see the market drop to a new low when it opens.

example: (-700)

if it goes under by more than 1,000,
trading will be halted for an hr in
NY.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Get your DVRs ready to record history in the making this morning.
I bet we will see the market drop to a new low when it opens.

example: (-700)

if it goes under by more than 1,000,
trading will be halted for an hr in
NY.

Except if it happens after 3PM... then it can drop 5000 points if it wants.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Except if it happens after 3PM... then it can drop 5000 points if it wants.

If it drops 5,000, it would be a total crash.
I would suggest immediately going to buy
ammunition, most of us are gonna need it
very shortly. Maybe even before u get back
home.

No need to stop off at the banks,
the paper will be worthless.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I don't like this.
But my husband and I decided last night that today he'd go stock up on ammo and tools like axes, I'm in charge of medicine, water, blankets. I am in the middle of closing my grocery store Thursday, so will be taking home about a years worth of food (canned and all).
Maybe things won't get that bad.... but I will at least feel better if I know we are a bit prepared. We're in France, so it would hit us quickly.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
With France tied up in this I am thinking that Gaddafi maybe finally playing his cards. Along with the conflict in Syria there is a lot of support to halt this NATO/US aggression. NATO has seriously interfered with the Libyan economy and was one of the first lines of attack, so it does only seam fair.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Over reaction much?! Seriously I am an expert in economics and especially when it comes to stock trading and the world markets. In 2009 the Dow lost nearly 3000 points in a week. 1500 in two days. I doubt anything like that is goign to happen without some huge news, and honestly Greece is already figured into the equation. Were talking Greece here, NOT the USA, Not Japan, Not the UK! Greece is about the equivalent to the GDP of Maryland. Its way overblown. I think we have a bigger crisis here with California going bust. California has a GDP 650% larger than Greece. Its liek Greece, S.Africa, Argentina, Finland, Austria, and Egypt All going bunk at the same time.

Im not sure why the Greece thing is being played out so much but not a whole lot of perspective is being shown by most people to the actual reality of the situation. And market stoppages happen all the time. Its safer to shut it down from a glitch than to keep it goign and have a huge mess with the instant velocity and massive quantity of shares being processed today. But if they were trying to delay or slow the market from goign down it would only serve the people better. When people THINK the economy is bad they act as such. When they THINK the economy is great they also react as if the economy is good. And most people gauge that simply by how well the stock market is doing. Like looking at a flag with a north wind and saying hey! A cold front is here, where did that come from! Rather than havign the knowledge to predict a cold front is coming by the weather and cloud patterns. OR tools like...The weather channel.

But in today's world of instant information and lightning fast momentum swings and more money being invested than ever before by people who have not the slightest idea of what they are doing via online trading...Its like pigs in a pen. They all run the same direction when they see something to fear. And they ALL come back when its time to feed again.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 12345lonestar

But the Greek crisis is now metastasizing into a broader European crisis, Italy in particular, at present. I appreciate you have a lot of knowledge and experience in stock trading and financials, but so too did a lot of people pre-2008 crisis who failed to foresee that storm coming. The way I look at it, this could be, or could not be, the beginnings of a bigger crisis coming. Only this time, if it continues and spreads, governments will not have the funds, and certainly not the public support, for further massive bailouts of banks and sovereigns going bankrupt.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12345lonestar
Over reaction much?! Seriously I am an expert in economics and especially when it comes to stock trading and the world markets. In 2009 the Dow lost nearly 3000 points in a week. 1500 in two days. I doubt anything like that is goign to happen without some huge news, and honestly Greece is already figured into the equation. Were talking Greece here, NOT the USA, Not Japan, Not the UK! Greece is about the equivalent to the GDP of Maryland. Its way overblown. I think we have a bigger crisis here with California going bust. California has a GDP 650% larger than Greece. Its liek Greece, S.Africa, Argentina, Finland, Austria, and Egypt All going bunk at the same time.

Im not sure why the Greece thing is being played out so much but not a whole lot of perspective is being shown by most people to the actual reality of the situation. And market stoppages happen all the time. Its safer to shut it down from a glitch than to keep it goign and have a huge mess with the instant velocity and massive quantity of shares being processed today. But if they were trying to delay or slow the market from goign down it would only serve the people better. When people THINK the economy is bad they act as such. When they THINK the economy is great they also react as if the economy is good. And most people gauge that simply by how well the stock market is doing. Like looking at a flag with a north wind and saying hey! A cold front is here, where did that come from! Rather than havign the knowledge to predict a cold front is coming by the weather and cloud patterns. OR tools like...The weather channel.

But in today's world of instant information and lightning fast momentum swings and more money being invested than ever before by people who have not the slightest idea of what they are doing via online trading...Its like pigs in a pen. They all run the same direction when they see something to fear. And they ALL come back when its time to feed again.

So.... you think with so many countries in Europe having this problem at the same time(Greece being one of them), the euro is not in danger?
The press over here is exaggerating?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 12345lonestar

But its not just Greece is it.
Its banks, its foreign exchanges, swaps, futures..
It wont bring down a multitude of nations, but its going to run deep.. who's it going to hurt enough that they have to raise their hands and tell the world.. '' now we're stuffed ''

.. Italy, for much of the morning was down 3-4%.. its rebounded now, but there's the very real probability that Italy will too collapse... and with the slimey pm's trial going on at the moment.. there's really no one at the wheel.

I wonder if its meant to be that way?

Greece will default, and struggle.. but the economy isnt the real problem here.. its the people!
They'll probably revolt, and if the government cant pay the bills, how can it support an army to defend its presence.
Throw into the mix easy access points for fanatics into the country via the med.. it could get nasty!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The PIIGS need a lot of money to stay solvent for the next 3 years...

Italy : 630 billion euros.
Spain : 380 billion euros.
Belgium : 150 billion euros.
Ireland, Greece and Portugal : 129 billion.

Total : 1289 billion euros for the next 3 years... and maybe even more depending on the taxes coming in.

Ya think Germany and France will be able/want to pay this?

The only way a bailout happens is if the IMF takes over those countries, massive austerity or if China swoops in (which it seems they are doing now, exchanging their US$ for Euros by the hundreds of billions)...

Or the ECB could print/bailout those countries... but to do that, they would need to change the ECB constitution.

I bet the FED is gonna help the ECB through covered bailouts... they've done it in the past...
edit on 12-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Perfect Storm for Civil and Financial Collapse - Charlie McGrath Video 11th July.

www.youtube.com...

Military Coup Threatened:
www.patriotfreedom.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Sorry to be the common thread noob, but when it comes to financial aspects of the world, I don't have much knowledge.

Would you all say that something is going to happen today? Market crash/ drop, banks stopping service.. etc. Or do you think people are just hyping it up..?

I am wanting this to happen. Needs to get over with.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PubertySpider001

Would you all say that something is going to happen today? Market crash/ drop, banks stopping service.. etc. Or do you think people are just hyping it up..?

Won't happen today. China has been coming in, buying everything. Everything is going back up. The EU is safe... for now... at least a few weeks. Until America defaults.

We gonna have interesting information coming up today...

- US trade deficit for May
- Treasury 1 month and 3 years auctions
- FOMC minutes...

All this could make the markets tank or skyrocket.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Won't happen today. China has been coming in, buying everything. Everything is going back up. The EU is safe... for now... at least a few weeks. Until America defaults.

Please do not confuse the Chinese Gov with
The Bank of China. The Bank of China is owned
by international bankers from Swiss, Netherlands
and England and are a privately owned company
just like the Fed. So in reality, it's not the Chinese
even though that is where their offices are located.
You make it sound like the Chinese Gov is doing this.
They are not.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PubertySpider001

Nothing necessarily is going to happen today, though anything is possible, it's not likely. But the situation, not only in Europe, but the United States continues to either stagnate or deteriorate. So a crisis leading to a collapse can certainly occur looking forward, though a timeframe for when this occurs probably cannot be determined at present.

Here is an interesting article called 'The emperor has no economy' which explains how the current so called recovery is benefiting CEOs and shareholders while many Americans are stuck in mediocrity. For example....

Can an economy "recover" without its people?

Airports and shopping malls throughout the United States are empty. Advertising space on billboards and newspapers go begging. Storefronts from Fifth Avenue in New York to the Las Vegas Strip to small towns in the Midwest are boarded up. The price of homes, which for middle-class Americans are often their sole substantial form of savings, continues to decline after the real estate bubble burst in 2008. Consumer confidence, the measure of people's willingness to part with cash to buy goods and services, is in the tank.

When 60 percent of Americans rate the economy as poor, don't count on them to buy stuff.

They're not.

"Workers' wages and benefits [now] make up 57.5 percent of the economy, an all-time low," wrote the AP's Wiseman. "Until the mid-2000s, that figure had been remarkably stable - about 64 percent through boom and bust alike."

Corporate CEOs may be whistling past the graveyard, raking in huge bonuses and pay raises approved by compliant boards of directors, but the overall state of the economy is a disaster. Recovery? Forget it - there isn't one. Are we still in a recession? That would be an improvement. By most measures - unemployment, collapsing gross domestic product, falling incomes - this is a global depression. But the government won't even admit that there's a problem - except for unemployment and falling wages.

edit on 12-7-2011 by surrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well it's not the Bank of China doing this... it's the Chinese government. The Chinese government has 3+ trillion in foreign currencies. They are changing it from US dollars to euros.

But yeah the Chinese central bank is like all central banks, owned by western bankers.

Know what's the funniest thing in all that? Iceland, you know, the country who defaulted and told the bankers to get lost? Well it costs less to insure their debt than it cost to insure the debts of Italy and Spain.

Mwahahahahaha

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I think the greek debt crisis is spreading. I hear that Italy is next to go, it has a deficit 120% of its GDP. I was listening on the Radio this morning, they say if Italy goes, we are looking at Lehman brothers x 100.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Well it's not the Bank of China doing this... it's the Chinese government.

I sure would like to read up on that a lil,
have u got a link for me to read ???

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Appreciate it Realist.

Luck to everyone- maybe our paths will cross?
No probably not, a website will not be on the minds of people during this mosh pit

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join