It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mankind's Lost and Forgotten history. A Perspective

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Water erosion would still have occurred as rain trickled down through the sand. Limestone is very suceptible to erosion from percolating rain.

Fair enough...

Now answer me this. Then if that's the case then why doesn't the limestone "Temple Blocks" supposedly from the same time period and which were also buried and subjected to the same effect show little or no erosion on the level of the Sphinx, it's enclosure and the outer wall the temples butt up against?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by SLAYER69

Absolutely, i knew you were on to it! It may have been farther east, but as far as a passage goes it makes sense that India was where it took place.

I respect and am very interested in their history and tales/myths.

I believe there are tiny kernels of truth hidden away in them. It wouldn't surprise me though if they got some of the facts/details wrong, skewed or fluffed with embellishments etc. After all we are talking about supposedly thousands of year old Oral Tradition which was later written down just a few thousand years ago. Yes, I believe there were submerged ancient locations around India. but I'll hold to the idea that maybe Indian Myth over the centuries may have become a tad bit too "Indian Centric"

I'm off to bed man, thanks so much for the thoughtful reply, i really appreciated it. Chat soon.

Going to leave you all with one of my favorites.

edit on 8-7-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Whe you look back into our not so ancient European history, you wil see that every migration came as an effect from a chaning climate as regions became to cold or dry to provide the stuff needed for survival.

Therefore I totally agree with your findings.

Great thread !

PS

I like a beer myself now...
edit on 7/8/2011 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I too agree there is evidence all around us.
The flooding of the black sea is another example.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I appreciate the contributions and discussion.
thanks for the video

I'll "appropriate" them later

edit on 8-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

As always Slay Man, you have created yet another masterpiece for posterity. The ATS archives have a bunch of gems in them, and its no surprise you had a hand at crafting a fair share of them.

Loved the thread and thought all parts were so well made and thorough.

Thank you for all you do to make ATS the best.

S&F!

MM

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Freemasonry was built on the ancient secrets that were found that are said to have accounts of Atlantis. Atlantis was the Americas. After the deluge there were accounts that the ocean was impassable near the inundated continent because of miles and miles of debris carried off the continent. You could not see the continent when you hit this shoal of muck and trees. America became lost once again in history. The Atlantis myth was born.

There were certain groups i.e Templars, Freemasonry. Rosicrucians,Illuminati, ect. that have held the knowledge of previous human achievements and existences as well as the location of a massive super continent not too far ready for the taking. This plan of creating a new atlantis over the old one has been in the making for hundreds of years.

If anyone has missed it earlier, this video is amazing and is a must see for Atlantis hunters, freemasonry, and ancient earth history lovers. 5 stars.

Google Video Link

(in video) Manly p Hall. Hall claimed, Atlantis was a mighty empire. Contained in Masonry and all the secret orders was the ancient wisdom of lost Atlantis. For more than 3000 years the created a background of knowledge for the secret societies traced back to Egypt with knowledge of a place that one day will be revealed.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

There is no denying a flood took place. here are literally hundreds of stories told by the flood survivors from around the world. You will astounded how violent this flood was especially to the south americans. They describe water shooting up the sky, rains, dark skies for months. You have to read them. amazing www.talkorigins.org...

The Hopi cosmology is particularly clear on this point, that the ancient world was destroyed not once, but three times, most recently by a flood. The Hopi also believe that the Grand Canyon was the Sipapu, the "place of emergence" from whence the Hopi had emerged after the Great Flood had destroyed the third "world" of mankind that had preceded the current, or "fourth" world.

Here is their account of the antedeluvian world (preflood)

Third World had built vast, glittering cities of light that were highly centralized. This was not in conformity with the plans of Taiowa the Creator, who had intended man from the beginning to spread out and live close to the land, which man had indeed originally done in the First World, and had done to a limited extent in the second. In addition, the peoples of the Third World used their sexual powers not for reproduction, but for recreation, making sexual sport with each other to the point where a great prostitute was able to boast about how many men she was able to wrap around her finger. This material girl of the ancient world led mankind down the path of destruction, towards a terrific imbalance that led to a terrible world war.

. www.mysteriousworld.com...
edit on 8-7-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

A fine fine trilogy there. As you know, I got pretty deep in that research also and can agree with your line of reasoning. Many people will be utterly surprised when they find out that many of the old records were true, and we as a species, have been destroyed a few times. The lore and technologies that still lie undiscovered are a testament to the small amount we think we know about our own history. My own opinion places prior waves of mankind going back to the Carboniferous age. Many folks auto-debunk old records and 'hoax' them, but when all the pieces of that puzzle are laid out, the connections are vastly perplexing. We hear of flood stories, and I have personally read a couple hundred of them from all corners of the globe. What they have in common are points that 'god found men to be barbaric and evil and wished to destroy him'.
It would indeed be priceless to go back 17,000 years in time and be amongst the inhabitants of Tiahuanaco and Puma Punka. To know what they know and see what they see.... And experience the events that destroyed their world, and shaped ours. I think our present society would be much different had we known their wisdom. A handful of Meso American civilizations spoke of 'the land of the east' and an elderly white guardian named Viracocha. And it was proposed that the descendents of 'the land of the east' traveled by way of a vast inland lake/swamp in the desert area now known with 2 rivers (one to the east and one to the west).
I could go on and on, but I'll wait for other posts

edit on 8-7-2011 by OuttaTime because: needed to correct a typo.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

There were certain groups i.e Templars, Freemasonry. Rosicrucians,Illuminati, ect. that have held the knowledge of previous human achievements and existences as well as the location of a massive super continent not too far ready for the taking. This plan of creating a new atlantis over the old one has been in the making for hundreds of years.

I just finished watching a documentary on History about the Kensington Stone, in which they favor the Knights Templar as being pivotal in it's creation. But the thing that stopped me in my tracks was the fact that parts of the stone were uninterpretable. But the shocker was found in what is called the Larson Papers. It is a deciphering guide used by the Freemasons and there was 1 or 2 characters in the stone that could only be translated using the Larson Paper. So the Templars and Freemasons could be one in the same.

Sorry for the misdirected post, but I was just watching that on TV. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread....
Sorry Slayer

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Sorry Slayer I just had to Reply to as ive only Read a fraction of your thread

when you Speak of Atlantis and other Lost Underwater Civilizations One that Get me every time is

The One of the Coast of Spain and Ireland as Scientist Proven There is Channels Canals Basically live That was Once ON it a place Called Tir-na-nog

Atlantis "Evidence" Found in Spain and Ireland

Stefan Lovgren
for National Geographic News
August 19, 2004
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Atlantis located off the west cost of Ireland!, page 1

www.abovetopsecret.com...
My view of Atlantis &THE Irish (RED)
while looking at the Extened Content in this Thread what will Get you about The Caucasian /s in the China Pyramids is this ! TARTAN Style Clothing ! Can Only mean Celtic .Origin .. I would Assume
(Link)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Prehistoric land under the sea
Huge cliffs and vast basins were revealed in the survey

By Mike McKimm

Science Correspondent, BBC Northern Ireland
news.bbc.co.uk...

One of the most striking details is a large lake or crater on what was once the top of huge cliffs towering above the plateau below.

The streams and rivers that fed it are still clearly defined. And that raises one of the mysteries.
Why did coastal erosion not obliterate all that detail as the sea slow rose over the land?

Could it mean that some cataclysmic event took place that allowed the sea to overwhelm the land before erosion could begin?

Well back to Reading the Thread Great Post Slayer

Here is something to think about

While you Look at these Anomalies Of Structures and The Lost Civilizations in the Sea .. Remember The Mammoths!!!! The Ones that Seem to be Frozen in time Instantly whether they were Standing or Kneeling & Their Stomachs Were Still Full or Filling From a Recent Grazing Of Plants From a Warmer Climate ! 10 ,000 to 20,000 years + that was Living among Modern Humans Yet Modern were Considered Humans at the time as Savages ,
as Claims that the Pyramids of Egypt may be 10,000 + years old as The Predicted claim of Pre Columbian Tiwananco Site is 17,000 years old

My Favorites are Pre Colombian South American & Pacific islands , Egyptian Babylonian/Sumerian

edit on 8-7-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I have a feeling our real human history
is much more exciting and interesting than many give it credit

I would agree. Have you read anything from the Urantia Book? (www.urantia.org...)

If not you should check it out, it has interesting information concerning human history and evolution.
edit on 8-7-2011 by UB2120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Yes, I believe there were submerged ancient locations around India. but I'll hold to the idea that maybe Indian Myth over the centuries may have become a tad bit too "Indian Centric"

Here's a few snips from my 'pocket reference'

India, southern city of Mahabalipuram - Seven Pagodas area (Tamil Nadu) 15-20' deep, and up to 700m offshore, could go back to 4,000 b.c.

India, Sri Krishna city found 20-30' deep dated 3031 & 2700 BC. Divers found a small temple within a larger temple.

Gulf of Cambay in the Indian Ocean (south of Gujarat, India), side scan sonar has found a civilization 120' deep and has held artifacts that date back to 7,500 BC (probably older since the great flood was dated at 10,500 BC). They found walls, and artifacts of pottery, beads, sculptures, bones and teeth.

7 miles Off the NW coast of India in the Gulf of Khambhat . Sonars revealed a network of stone buildings in an area of 5 sq miles. 2 cities were found near each other by a ancient river system. Now 170' deep. Dozens of artifacts (bones, pottery)recovered from sites. Dates went back to about 30,000 BC. Area went underwater about 11,000 BC.

In Dawarka India, off the coast 70' deep, sandstone walls and cobblestone streets at a seaport that submerged 12,000 years ago. The roots of Lord Krishna begin there in the offshore city of Dawarka. King Shalva attacked old Dawarka with a weapon from a vimana, raining lightning (Krishna retaliated with similar weapons). Krishna left the city and opened the earth and swallowed Dawarka.

Sangum literature (assemblies of Sages). Sangum text speaks of Kumari Kandham, land mass east of Africa connecting to India. Known in other stories as Lemuria. James Churchward noted a landmass located southwest of India.

At Poompahur off the coast of India now 70' deep, a horseshoe shaped object 185 yards long was discovered. It is presumed to have gone underwater some 11,000 years ago. The surrounding area is about 25 square kilometers and under 35 meters of water that is the location of other cities that were above water in 7,000 BC.

I have snippets of dozens and dozens more other underwater architecture, but this is what I have on India

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Interesting information.
I've read a few articles and pages on another site.
Thanks for posting

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
A very well put together thread Slayer, A real "Cant cut the grass today thread cause I'm sitting at this computer"

One thing I can relate to in the "short term" is the lost knowledge angle.
My grandfather was a master brick layer around 1880 or so, he was good so I was told, he worked with tin smiths and other trades but the tin smiths and brick guys seemed to go hand in hand.
He taught my father the brick laying thing, and also taught him the tin smith stuff.
Dad had no use for the brick laying skills because they were outdated pretty quickly, but he did use the tinsmith teachings to make all kinds of really nice stuff.
I to this day have some really nice tin works hand made, even a very nice garbage pail that is about 60 years old.

I never bothered to ask my dad how to do the tin works, he never bothered to carry on with the brick works,
In three generations all that is lost now, I mean gone forever.....
You don't know what you got till it's gone.

So I guess my point is that it takes no time at all to lose knowledge and never to see it again.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I was under the impression that the sphinx is over 10,000 years old due to the evidence of water erosion, which predates the Egyptians.. As far as using pulleys they were not invented until the life of Archimedes which was around 280 BC. So how could of Egyptians used them some 2500 years prior?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

I was under the impression that the sphinx is over 10,000 years old due to the evidence of water erosion, which predates the Egyptians..

pssst. [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread725720/pg4#pid11770702]----->Over Here

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

I was under the impression that the sphinx is over 10,000 years old due to the evidence of water erosion, which predates the Egyptians.. As far as using pulleys they were not invented until the life of Archimedes which was around 280 BC. So how could of Egyptians used them some 2500 years prior?

I read that, was trying to look for a good piece of reference to post up but I couldn't find one. Thing is, if there are water marks on the sphinx then it indicates that it was around when Egypt was a rain forest, which was during the last ice age. I don't think it will be long before they explore the cave system that lies beneath and they can validate Atlantis, the halls of amenti and a number of other things.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

What we consider to be civilization almost certainly has taken place in fits and starts for many thousands of years until the climate and other factors aligned well enough for the advancement we have achieved to this point.
What I would like to know is really quite simple. Modern humans, as far as what any anthropologist or orther scientist would describe, has been around for some 100,000 years, and possibly longer. It is also clear from studies of modern DNA that the human population (and other large predators) experienced a genetic bottle neck about 76,000 years ago. The total of the human population likely did not exceed more than a few thousand mated pairs. Regardless, we are looking at a vast expanse of time where people existed, with all of the potential faculties, potential for language, music, art and more as us today. Yet, evidence of decorative art, evidence of personal ornamentation, and similar date only back to the rough time of the population bottle neck. Even so, this still leaves as much as nearly 69,000 years where people were doing - what?
Now, many will say that people just wandered around in relatively small groups and did nothing except hunt and gather. Maybe they did. But, think of the facts. There is an immensely vast landscape (the entire African, European and Asian land masses) with all of the resources you can imagine, completely available to anyone who chooses to take it and exploit it. There is just one problem. There are already 'others' inhabiting the land. There are earlier forms of Man doing exactly what you intend to do, perhaps not as well or not as sophisticated, but inhabiting the land in any case. What is to be done?
If our known history is any example our ancestors fought for the land. They killed those who fought against them and took their women and children as slaves or mates or both. Yes, our genetics prove that we have some of the older forms of Man as part of our DNA. What stories of heroism, force of arms and action must our Neolithic ancestors have told around the communal fires? People are dangerous, and the older forms of Man could not have been an easy assailant or target to vanquish.
I muse back to my Viking ancestors, and their tales of adventure, the wars they fought, and the lands they explored and found. It is not so hard to imagine within this context. There is an impossibly vast amount of land. Upon the land are numbers of fierce predators beyond our current experience - short-faced bear, various forms of giant cats, and much more. There were also uncountable numbers of game animals, some, again, beyond our current experience - Mammoths, Mastodons, and much more. Add into this mix the earlier forms of Man, with cunning and intelligence we have little to measure against other than ourselves from fragments of bones and other clues. Again, how cool would it be to go back to your hearth with meat from a Mammoth or the remains and meat from a sabre-toothed cat you had actually participated in killing. And, think of bringing home the spoils of warfare in the guise of women and children, visible proof of a man's prowess in combat. These would have been valuable assets to the tribe as a whole.
The ancient world would have been a man's world. I see two ways to carve out an existence. One is to face that world as a warrior. Roam the land and kill for what you want or need. The other is stake out a territory, defend it, from all comers - animal and Man. The one path led to a greater instance of genetic mixture. The other led to advances in animal husbandry, agriculture, and crafts. In the end, they are a combined result achieving the present.
Have we lost and forgotten much of our history as a species? Absolutely! Is it possible that in an expanse of time as huge as tens of thousands of years that people, with all the cognitive faculties as we have today, with all of the heart and soul we have exhibited in our known history, with the almost certain capability of language and at a minimum an oral tradition, throughout that time that civilization could have taken root many, many times and at many, many places? Absolutely!
I loved this posting. Great work. Great research.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

edit on 8-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join