It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling Skies from Spielberg Premieres

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hi All,

I wanted to re-post this thread as the last thread that covered this topic lacked anything of interest and should have been deleted.........

So what did everyone think of the premier of Eps 1 and 2?? I thought it seemed great and has alot of promise, it all depends on what the writers do from here though.

I have seen too many good TV series fall because writers either got lazy or perhaps they just lacked imagination. Although Spielberg isn't actually writing this series, if history is anything to go by, whatever Spielberg touches normally turns to gold and is a winner.

I just want to add, what is it with all the Alien related movies and TV series recently and especially this year???

To the mian topic;

Falling Skies

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/457b5cc83063.jpg[/atsimg]

The chaotic aftermath of an alien attack has left most of the world completely incapacitated. In the six months since the initial invasion, the few survivors have banded together outside major cities to begin the difficult task of fighting back. Each day is a test of survival as citizen soldiers work to protect the people in their care while also engaging in an insurgency campaign against the occupying alien force

Fallen Skies(IMDb)

Falling Skies Home (TNT)

Let's hope this doesn't go the same way of many good series and end in bad writing and imagination.....

What did you think?

edit on 20-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
To answer your last question.

The film industry are cashing in on the whole 2012 thing. Id imagine this has all been made up to bring in more cash.

So many people believe that in 2012 something is going to happen....they are just making cash off the backs of peoples fears

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
thanks for posting this m8, looks awsome hopfully makes its way on to brit tv soon

cant help but think tho with all this about aliens n zombies n disaters r we gettin subliminaly conditioned for something bigg...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I thought it was great. Has a good cast with that guy from ER leading the way and other familiar faces. Some nice females in it for eye candy too.

I can see it's going to be a series more focused on how the survivors actually survive rather than your standard platoon versus aliens and save the world crap. There is a lot they can do with the storyline with an underlying story of what the aliens are doing with the children and the "harnesses".

I have high hopes and think it maybe more along the post-apocalyptic lines of "Jericho" which had an awesome first season and a hideous second that never should have been made. Will make an awesome Sunday night replacement for Game Of Thrones that just finished. Thrones, while great, was a bit slow for my taste and couldn't really handle the one-story-in-an-episode format while having an underlying theme.

Thumbs up from me.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Yeah that's a good persepctive on things and prbably right. It just seems there are so many Alien or UFO related TV and movies coming out this year. The majority are movies and some are lesser known than others but there was a thread about this awhile back and list was pretty long.

Considering most people dont even discuss 2012 or conspiracy related stuff amongst friends(in-person) it's still kind of odd. Either way i love Sci-Fi and for many years there was a huge gap between stuff like the X-Files and anything worth watching.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

It's available online -

I just sent you a PM

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
To answer your last question.

The film industry are cashing in on the whole 2012 thing. Id imagine this has all been made up to bring in more cash.

So many people believe that in 2012 something is going to happen....they are just making cash off the backs of peoples fears

Errr, no. There are many conspiracy theories concerning 2012 but none involve alien invasion. At the moment there's a market for a sci-fi series with a human touch and this addresses that and that alone. This can take us until Autumn when V and SGU etc restart.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Yeah it looks good, although i think past problems have been that they start to focus to much on inter-personal relationships between charcters and of the characters themsleves instead of the main storyline.

It happened with SGU, i loved that whole idea to start with but the writer totally failed in the end and wasted what could have been a good spin-off, perhaps even better than the originals.

edit on 20-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gremlin2011
thanks for posting this m8, looks awsome hopfully makes its way on to brit tv soon

cant help but think tho with all this about aliens n zombies n disaters r we gettin subliminaly conditioned for something bigg...

I downloaded it off RevoTT - a private torrent tracker hat gets pretty much anything you want to see from teh US and UK. I'm sure Falling Skies will be available on EZTV.it in a few days. I have 3 invites available for RevoTT if you want one (send me a PM).

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

ooohhh no you havent heard?

SGU was completly cancelled because the writers sucked and ruined what could have been an awesome ongoing series. The last episode was when the entire crew with the exception of Elih went into cryo-sleep

They cancelled it.....

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

edit on 20-6-2011 by Havick007 because: Time Limit Exceeded

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
cheers havick

why do studios cancel shows after 1 season, really pissies me off, flashfoward was 1 i can think of and 1 called invasion it was out a few years back and was based in florida i think wen ther was a storm and sum sort of alien bactiria infected the population of a small town??

both wer preety good shows but just shows that the audiance wid rather watch sum wana be popstar who cant sing for the life of them or sum fat obese person tryin to lose a few pounds

wtf is up with that

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I emailed my daughters about this new Syfy last night. WE all love Syfy!! I think it has a lot of promise also. I think it was just mostly getting us introduced to the main characters last night..and their attitudes and problems.
It was interesting about the Skitter they killed. The characters appeared to have some sympathy for the creature.

I agree on SGU..I watched all episodes hoping it would get better. My daughters and son gave up early.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
coming to the uk on FX JULY 5th 9pm

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

cheers havick

why do studios cancel shows after 1 season, really pissies me off, flashfoward was 1 i can think of and 1 called invasion it was out a few years back and was based in florida i think wen ther was a storm and sum sort of alien bactiria infected the population of a small town??

both wer preety good shows but just shows that the audiance wid rather watch sum wana be popstar who cant sing for the life of them or sum fat obese person tryin to lose a few pounds

wtf is up with that

I am female, but I totally agree with you on that. Liked those shows too. Every time I get one I really like it gets dumped! As a matter of fact, I told my daughter this morning ,I liked Falling Skies and it will probably get canceled after the first season. I think SciFi fans are a minority.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by Logman

ooohhh no you havent heard?

SGU was completly cancelled because the writers sucked and ruined what could have been an awesome ongoing series. The last episode was when the entire crew with the exception of Elih went into cryo-sleep

They cancelled it.....

Damn, didnt hear that. Not suprised though, it was starting to suck. A meandering storyline with no substance and direction. Like all Stargates I guess.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I actually watch no TV and just watch what I want from torrent. No adverts, no mainstream media, bliss. I hate that reality TV crap. Give me good old Sci-fi and Fantasy any day.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Yeah it started to get boring and instead of focusing on the ship(destiny) and where they actually were in the universe and what that meant, we started to see stories about the characters and thier personal lives....

It was annoying that every new episode i was waiting for the next breakthrough or discovery but it went no-where.

So much potential and such a waste of talent. Who know perhaps it will be revived but i doubt it. On the Syfy website it didnt actually say it was cancelled, it was after reading the cast and crew tweet feeds from the webdite that i confirmed it for myself along with all the net chatter.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
its a shame tho really

it goes to show u wot tv programs they want u 2 watch wen they got shows like 16 n pregnent on mtv wots that tellin all the youths?? no wonder ther all so messed up

wen i was lil mtv was all about the music..

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

cheers havick

Yeah, Invasion had me it was great - even left off with a cliffhanger. I was upset about that one because that story could have really had traction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join