It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC apologizes for cutting "under God" from Pledge of Allegiance before U.S. Open

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

That should send NBC ratings even further down the toilet.

---------------
Maybe Comcast could make a few changes.
Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

i really cant stand it when people waste my time and twist my postings to suit their own agendas so i am not going to bother with that tripe.

so i am going to state the fact that no one can argue:

the 2 most enduring documents in this nations history written by men of faith the biggest evidence that exists.

the peoples rights come from their creator no matter what name they call him.

they left future generations a legacy that both the people and the government pisses on.

our rights come from the creator and NOT THE GOVERNMENT and NOT OTHER PEOPLE.

edit on 20-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
State atheism was law in the USSR. Immediately after the revolution, all church property was seized and thousands of priests were killed. From 1917-1928 they targeted all faiths..

Yes, and I just told you why. Because Stalin was convinced that organized religion served as a threat to soviet dominance. It had less to do with religion and more to do with political organization.
edit on 20-6-2011 by PieKeeper because: (no reason given)

He didn't kill people because he was an Atheist or in the "name of Atheism," he did it for the sake of power and Soviet rule.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Just because you don't like "under God" to be in the
The Pledge of Allegiance to Our Flag of the United States
of America doesn't matter.
It IS There

www.wvsd.uscourts.gov...

edit on 20-6-2011 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

If definitely does matter. People see it as divisive and an overt endorsement of Monotheism (and we all know that it's a reference to Christianity, people shouldn't pretend that it isn't.) And the thing is, it wasn't originally there,

If it can be added, then it can be removed.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

I agree that the country is changing...and not for the better. I never dreamed that I would have to worry about my teen age daughter getting groped by some TSA thug, while they let some guy in Arab clothing walk on to a plane without being frisked...all for the sake of political correctness. We are going down a path that is designed to strip us of the freedoms and liberties we were all told were unalienable.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

If you don't like the Pledge of Allegiance then move to Canada.
They have free health care up there.

-----------------
The Pledge of Allegiance will stay the same and we are leaving In God We Trust
on the money. Don't like it? Move north.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

So go get it removed
Untill Then "under God" IS IN Our Pledge of Allegiance and needs to be repeated as it is currently written ...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yeah huh, I agree And my Canadian friend only had to wait for Two Years for her carpal tunnel surgery.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

THIS is exactly the divisiveness I am referring to.

We do NOT live in a Christian nation. We all have a right to have our beliefs (or non-beliefs) respected. We are all Americans. The people that oppose these things are opposed to your attitude, that you have to accept force-fed Christianity to be an American. That's not what this country was founded on. We will not stand for it.

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
So go get it removed

Don't worry, we're trying. The hard part is all the Christian-fundies in government.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yeah huh, I agree And my Canadian friend only had to wait for Two Years for her carpal tunnel surgery.

Yes, i know but............it was free. You just have to take a number and wait.
Of course, there is an option of - Medical Tourism -. They fly to Texas instead of waiting.

----------------
Parts of Canada are beautiful. Alberta - Nova Scotia
Just don't get sick.
I honestly think people who hate saying "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance
would be very happy in Canada or maybe even Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. - Adios ! -

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i really cant stand it when people waste my time and twist my postings to suit their own agendas so i am not going to bother with that tripe.

You should bother with tripe. It’s quite tasty when prepared correctly. Or were you just ranting to rant?

Should be interesting.

the 2 most enduring documents in this nations history written by men of faith the biggest evidence that exists.

Only one of those two documents describes the laws of our nation and, fittingly, the words “God” and “creator” are nowhere to be found in that document. If you want to introduce the Declaration of Independence as an argument to support your claims, then I can introduce the Treaty of Tripoli with the same weight.

I believe in the same rights that you do, I just fail to see how the source of those rights matters as long as they are recognized and protected.

they left future generations a legacy that both the people and the government pisses on.

And you should feel bad for micturating on their legacy by trying to turn this into a theocratic nation founded on your personal religious beliefs.

See above.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

So go get it removed
Untill Then "under God" IS IN Our Pledge of Allegiance and needs to be repeated as it is currently written ...

They will try and fail to get it removed.
---------------
In the mean time , the losers at NBC will try to remove it on their own.
The apology from NBC was not enough. Someone needs to get fired!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Definition of PLEDGE
1 a : a bailment of a chattel as security for a debt or other obligation without involving transfer of title
b : the chattel so delivered c : the contract incidental to such a bailment

2 a : the state of being held as a security or guaranty
b : something given as security for the performance of an act

3 : a token, sign, or earnest of something else

4 : a gage of battle

5 : toast

6 a : a binding promise or agreement to do or forbear
b (1) : a promise to join a fraternity, sorority, or secret society (2) : a person who has so promised

Definition of BAIL: to deliver (personal property) in trust to another for a special purpose and for a limited period

Definition of CHATTEL 1 : an item of tangible movable or immovable property except real estate and things (as buildings) connected with real property

2 : slave, bondman

So a pledge is a promise to deliver personal property (See Chattel, Cattle, Slave, or Bondman) in trust to another as security for a debt.

I can guarantee you that my children will not be pledging themselves to anyone or anything until they are adults and able to make that decision for themselves. Children should NOT be used as security for a debt! How can a minor enter into a binding promise like that anyway?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012 Someone needs to get fired!!!
Why?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Since the phrase "under God" was not in the original Pledge and only added in the 1950s as a "take that" action to the USSR, I have no problem with it being editted out. I never say it myself, or change it to "under the Gods".

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I don't follow any religion but it bothers me that those words are being omitted because it kinda screams agenda. I hear those words in the pledge and it sounds like kids are repeating "our nation is the only nation under god". I would rather hear all nations under god because obviously god is in all religions and a higher power deserves respect. I just saw a film called "jesus camp" and YOU GOTTA SEE IT.
also watch "the god who wasn't there, and no intelligence required.watch them at documentarywire dotcom for free.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

blessings of who and by who?

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

oh theres that pesky little god word

i am not the one ranting here or as someone says bloviating.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by iterationzero

I'm awaiting your point...

The Bible was written by Jews... so I guess you shouldn't read it and/or participate in its "teachings" unless you're Jewish? Or lest you walk around saying "All of my benevolent actions are owed to judaism!"...

Your logic just fails, nothing new there, though.. actually, nothing there at all.
edit on 20-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join