It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC apologizes for cutting "under God" from Pledge of Allegiance before U.S. Open

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

wow i have no point

just keep infringing the rights of freedom of speech and prohibiting the free exercise of

and keep infringing the rights to freedom of religion and that means people free to say god when they want and they are not free to edit it out and censor it.

i am done in this thread some people arent worth it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

wow i have no point

I noticed

just keep infringing the rights of freedom of speech and prohibiting the free exercise of

Right.. because choosing not to say a section of something that YOU are saying... is a a prohibition of free speech?

and keep infringing the rights to freedom of religion and that means people free to say god when they want and they are not free to edit it out and censor it.

Who said God? Who wanted to say God? Nobody said God. What are you talking about?

i am done in this thread some people arent worth it.

It's probably just because you're babbling on about absolutely nothing...

...have fun, although I'm not sure how much you'll be missed.... so I guess you lack a POINT there, too.

edit on 20-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
reply to post by Annee

Just because you don't like "under God" to be in the
The Pledge of Allegiance to Our Flag of the United States
of America doesn't matter.
It IS There

It has no right to be there. And it wasn't even put there for religious reasons. It was put there for political reasons.

Even Francis Bellamy's own daughter rejected it.

We are a secular nation. A pledge must be for ALL people - - not just those who believe in a god.

What if it said "under no God" - - how would you like that? You wouldn't.

Congress undermined American unity in 1954 when it added "Under God" to our Pledge ... it replaced our 175 year old national motto, E Pluribus Unum ("Out Of Many, One")

edit on 20-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Seems more and more apparent on here if you aren't a left leaning wacko who truely enjoys seeing this once great country slip down the tube you aren't entitled to an opinion on here. It's funny how many psuedo intellectuals there are on here anymore. If you truely see nothing wrong with this it really does explain todays world. And people wonder why so may are just apathetic anymore.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hey, look, it's someone who think "Under God" belongs in a pledge to a secular nation! Last I checked, a secular nation is under no deity, let alone the specific Christian deity.

You are aware that the pledge was aired in its original version, right? The words "Under God" were added in the 1950s in a bit of 'red panic'.

Stupidity knows no bounds.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed Seems more and more apparent on here if you aren't a left leaning wacko who truely enjoys seeing this once great country slip down the tube you aren't entitled to an opinion on here.
I'm about as far left as you can get. I'm pretty wacky. However, I'm here because I don't like what I see happening to the world. That does include the US where I reside. Even if I'm going to be a minority, I'd like to see an end to the corruption.
edit on 20-6-2011 by gentledissident because: an I for an I

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Why should they?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
NBC said it was a programing error, well I think NBC is a error !!!! As politically correct this world is these days these guys know better, I think it was done on purpose... "Stupid is as stupid does"...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Perhaps once the hypocrisy of Christianity is roped in and caged, this country might get back on track.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by muse7

Hey why isn't my god mentioned in the pledge of allegiance?

I want to pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under Zeus....

Your god is included in the all-encompassing term "God". It doesn't say "Under Jesus" or "Under Muhammed" or any other specific god.

Sorry but that is not correct. "God" only refers to the god of Abraham found in the Christian and Jewish texts. the word "god" with a small "g" is an all encompassing term. My god is not mentioned in the pledge either. This country was founded in religious freedom. If you do not like the face that many people here would like to retain the freedom to be free from your "God," then something is fundamentally wrong with your appreciation and understanding of where you are and why.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosehunter
reply to post by Signals

US OPEN golf lets keep to the real issue here as a Northern Ireland citizen I am as proud as punch as it was my fellow country man Rory McIlroy that WIN THE GAME SET AND MATCH he's home with the silver. God blessed our man and may God bless America enjoy life people and stop straining at a gnat and swallowing the proverbical camel.

So God wanted Rory to win yesterday but God made him choke in the last majors? Man... God's having a good ole time up there hey?

This nation isn't under God, this nation is under big corportations and banks...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It's a sign! A sign that "God" is no longer welcome there...nor does "God" want to be, where HE is not welcomed! Nice knowin' ya America...it was fun while it lasted. Next!

link   

Originally posted by gambon
reply to post by snwboardn21

It was a simple editing mistake on a live tv broadcast
nothing more , no great attack on the christian god, no great conspiracy imo,Jesus was never this uptight, God as i understand it refers to those saying the oaths god , not THE god as u understand it mebbe compared to the original oath mentioned above it HAS gained too much status within the modern day oath , just a thought....

It's ALWAYS a SIMPLE editing MISTAKE, isn't it.

Come on, this was done on purpose.

link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
This nation isn't under God, this nation is under big corportations and banks...

Thank you. Maybe they should change the words to "one nation, under people playing God"

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
reply to post by Night Star

Yeah, I hear ya . The problem bottom line isss:

We that want to say "under God" are no longer at liberty to do so, Our freedom of speech and worship have been and are being stripped away.

I have no problem with - if an athesist doesn't believe in God: That's his choice!!

So why should anyone have a problem with me or other Christians because we believe? I don't see this as being fair: My Christian liberties are being squashed! Thank you very much. (sarcasm)
edit on 20-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

You could not be more wrong. You can say "under God" all day long. You can make that the only thing that ever leaves your mouth for the rest of your life. No one is actively trying to prevent that at all. It is the Christians that forced me to accept their God in my pledge a mere 60 years ago that are hampering my free speech. There is no reason we cannot all just say the pledge as originally written and then you can talk to your god all day long after that. Christian types are always crying about how hampered their freedom is whenever they are refused an audience. You have no right to an audience and I checked with your god, he is not big on people that need to make a show out of their "belief" in him anyway.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by blackrain17

Since this site is all about evidence, show me some evidence that God exists. Then I'll proudly say, "ONE NATION UNDER GOD!!!!" Till then, I have the right to refrain from saying that BS.

You certainly do have the right to refrain. But do you have the right to suppress others from saying it?

You certainly do have the right to say it but you do not have the right to force anyone else to say it.
Thanks for clearing that all up.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You're dodging my question: Do you have the right to deny someone their 1st Amendment right ?

Who has been denied any rights? Is NBC actively sending out armed guards to prevent people from talking about their own god? Are their NBC thought police reading your minds? Who was denied anything?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

So, this is where politically correct has got us.

The Government controlled MSM has decided God is to "edgy" I guess. We wouldn't want to offend any other groups of people, would we?

I for one am sick and tired of trying to please everybody. This country was founded on Christian principles, like it or not.

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that religion and politics were bad news? The separation of church and state? It seemed like a pretty cool idea, and the Thomas Jefferson dude seemed pretty fly. Why doesn't anyone seem to care, as long as its golden christian values leading the charge?

Now I can see you are not directly talking about political rule and religion, but I think you can see what I'm getting at. No one should be subjugated to anything unless they accept it first, and that may mean wanting to hear about your God and the fact that we're all apparently being lumped under the same banner.

No one likes that either.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by snwboardn21
You ignorant people... You all sit around and "AGHHH they take away our rights, AGGHHHH." Then when the government steps in and takes away the right to say "God", like it is some kind of dirty word you are like, "yea stick it to those dirty war starting Christians." But then when they filter "#" off of "Family Guy" you turn around and bitch about the FCC.

Since we can't say God anymore, think about if they started filtering out the word, "Evolution".

You all are nothing more than a mob mentality no better than the elite.

Who is being ignorant? Why are so many of you freaking out like NBC just wrote a law. They did nothing to stop you from exercising any of your rights. They simply exercised theirs. You can still say "God" all you want and no one on NBC is stopping you from doing it. You need to stop demanding other people mention your god for you. If NBC decided to never use the word "evolution" again either, that would not stop any of the rest of us from saying it.

The same people crying about their rights being taken away, have lost nothing all while crying that NBC should be forced to say something to appease religious zealots.

What a load of paranoid hyperbolic BS this is.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The fact that they don't believe in God is in itself a belief system.

So not believing in the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus is a belief system?
I would like to see a thread on this, explaining it in a way that makes sense to anyone that thinks.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join