It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC apologizes for cutting "under God" from Pledge of Allegiance before U.S. Open

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
reply to post by spiritualzombie

"Atheists don't replace God with Government... What a ridiculous statement. You consistently exhibit troll-like behavior"

If you take God completely out of the mix then where does your rights come from?

I see... so you think God gave you those rights? How did He give that to you? In what form? Are you suggesting Rights are inherited at the moment of existence... and given by God? Are some rights given by God and other rights left to Governments to decide? How exactly does the God/Government rule of governance work and is it the same for all or does God have different contracts with different countries? Or is it NBC and the United States Government who grant God the right to grant us rights based on where they choose to mention God?

Religious people have broken minds. It's a requirement.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

I can remember having to pledge to the "christian flag" as well. Long time ago!!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have learned recently from ATS that I have no sense of ethics and will commit deplorable acts out of desire and greed. I have no reason to live. I am sub-human and an evolutionary wrong turn. If I pledge allegiance to the USA and profess belief in a deity, will I then be accepted? If so, where is the prayer meeting after school? I can no longer deal with the rejection, defamation, and isolation. I was told by a preacher that the best time to convert someone is when life has broken them. Well, you've broken me. I'm ready to believe.
edit on 20-6-2011 by gentledissident because: location location location

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
They also left out "One Nation".

No, no they didn't. I'm not letting this thread turn into horsescrap like so many others. Soon you'll have people quoting this like it's the truth and blaming teh librul uhgenda for tehz remooval of teh won nashuns.

What's the motto of ATS?

Exactly.

I find it disappointing when "senior" members make such mistakes

How about you go back and watch the video.

Do I really have to be the god damned internet police?

IS ANYBODY ELSE PAYING ATTENTION?

WATCH THE VID, WATCH IT!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." ~ Declaration of Independence

It sounds like the United States does recognize a creator.

As a result of placing 'creator' into the "Declaration of Independence", they were saying that mankind does not rule over mankind. Other words, we answer to an all powerful entity, which holds us accountable for our actions and freedoms. Since such an entity gives us these rights freely, mankind cannot suddenly take them away.

edit on 6/20/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

whatever-
it is still there.
www.ushistory.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." ~ U. S. Bill of Rights

It sounds like the United States does recognize a creator.

As a result of placing 'creator' into the "Bill of Rights", they were saying that mankind does not rule over mankind. Other words, we answer to an all powerful entity, which holds us accountable for our actions and freedoms. Since such an entity gives us these rights freely, mankind cannot suddenly take them away.

edit on 6/20/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

LOL. That's NOT in the Bill of Rights. You're quoting the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

If you take God completely out of the mix then where does your rights come from?

Ourselves. We give ourselves rights.

Did god give African Americans rights? Did god give women rights? Nope. They were given rights (voting, specifically) by us (our society/government).

We don't need god to give us rights.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well thanks NBC, but I wont be watching your crap anymore after this. Our idiots in charge with this PC bull is going to make all of us suffer Gods wrath.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yep the atheists take every opportunity to kill god and make it a dirty word

and replace government with it.

i pledge allegiance to the government of the united agencies of government, and to the democracy which is nothing but mob rule and seek to diminish the rights of the minority cause hell we feel like it.

one nation under government,indivisible.with slavery and oppression for all.

nbc and the left would be happy with that.

kill god to become god.

and yet here on ats is another thread about the political agenda of fox news which received alot of replies

but since the is nbc funded by soros and the main stream obama cheerleaders oh and by the way saw fit to leave out god many times before now the press is just following suit.they will condisder this a non issue.

they dont fear islam but christians oh hell dont you dont say god.

i have had enough of the hypocrisy
edit on 19-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

No.

This has nothing to do with atheists taking away from good God fearing Christians.
It is simply about the fact that God does not endorse the United States anymore than any other nation. To assume God loves Amayrika more than Zimbabwe is so ludicrous that I am almost embarrassed to be American.
A country supposedly for religious tolerance needs to cut God from the equation. This country is not a religious state. It's a free state. Why mandate that God be a part of it? Perhaps the Buddhist or the Pagan doesn't want any part of your God.
- I don't know where some of you get this idea that our founding fathers were these uber Christian bible thumpers, but they weren't. This country's principles have nothing to do with Jesus, God or any religion; other than the fact that one is free to worship whichever god they like.
edit on 20-6-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by ClintK

Fixed it before you quoted.

Lol...

How could I have quoted it if you'd already fixed it?

Anyway, the Declaration of Independence isn't the framework of our laws. It really had no legal purpose or legal concepts. It was just what it said it was: a declaration of our independence. God is not recognized in the constitution.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

You got those rights from the government so the government can take them away. You have no rights except what the state gives you and the state can take them away.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Besides, I thought Christians werent supposed to worship false idols. Isnt pledging ALLEGIANCE to a flag a false idol.

This might be the greatest post I have read all year!

Nothing better than pushing some reality on the nose in the air Jesus lovers who seem to think the US is their nation.
They're angry that the news isn't allowing them to sin against their first commandment.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

It's a free state.

Why mandate that God be a part of it?

A country supposedly for religious tolerance needs to cut God from the equation.

who is mandating anything here? say it you want but dont deprive others of their right to do so if they so choose.

and yet "god needs to be cut from the equation."

theres a mandate if i ever saw one.

freedom of religion and not freedom from religion.

those principles didnt come from government or man they came from the creator anything man gives himself can be taken away.

if the founders were alive today they would be screaming shut up and let people do what they want.
edit on 20-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

Then you agree that god has nothing to do with it?

Then what are you arguing about?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No one is opposing you from saying "Under God"

It is you who is opposed to NBC for not saying it.

God does need to be cut from Government, nit from one's life if they wish to worship. A government that has it's legislature creating laws based on religious doctrine is a bad thing. This country is not a religious state, therefore God should not be in the equation. I did not say mandating anything was wrong, I said mandating God be part of America is wrong.
edit on 20-6-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

What is the bases of those laws? Where did they come from? Was it from the english common laws? Or was it from the Preamble we find these self evident as a God given right?

I am saying when you take origins of the law which was the ten commandments which was God given you end up with the laws of China and Russia where they mas murdered millions in the name of the state for the betterment of the state.
Do you want a purly state given rights?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join