It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction and UFO Sighting in Winnipeg, MB Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hi Everyone!

Let me start off by saying I am a long-time reader of ATS and I've never really had a reason to make a post before today, but I felt this was important enough to make the effort and let people know about what we saw. Also would like to know if anyone else saw the same thing we did!

So there was 9 of us in the backyard at a friends house and one of us yelled to look in the sky above the neighbors house. There was a bright orange orb/fireball looking object there that was quite luminescent and it was moving quite fast to the northwest. I grabbed my cell phone camera and tried to follow it on video. The object changed directions and moved behind some trees, then eventually it came out from behind them and continued northwest away from us. It then descended and was beyond the horizon towards headingley (10km away) and out of our view very quickly. The object made no noise and was quite large and bright. All 9 of us viewed the object for about three minutes. The video I captured isnt great as it was a cell phone but you can see the orb briefly, I dont know how to upload videos to ATS yet but I will try to figure it out.

Anyone else see this thing??? Thanks!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jjguitarist

i live in winnipeg!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Welcome Sir, I am also a new member, and it makes happy to read that you
have been reading the forums without an account, because i was on the same page.
I read for years then i finally made an account this morning.

And interesting story, would like to check out the video.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
hey, welcome to ATS. a tip for making a sighting report is to add in the date and time of the sighting. that way someone here, or yourself, can check out various sources to make sure it wasn't a known object and to see if anyone else saw what you did.

on a side not, I live in central Ontario, and saw an object friday night, 3am-ish, going east, a singular red light, no flashes that would indicate navigation lights, travelling very fast in a large arc, the arch caused it to be travelling S/SE by the end of the sighting.
edit on 19-6-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

since yours was travelling northwest than it couldn't have been the ISS. just in case someone here tries to tell you that..
edit on 19-6-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It happened at 11:21 PM on June 18th, still trying to upload video hopefully will figure it out soon

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jjguitarist

I also saw some unexplainable lights and activity on Saturday night, June 18, 2011 at approx 11:40 pm - 11:43 pm.

I was on my way home from Beausejour Manitoba heading east towards Whitemouth. 5 km north of Whitemouth on the east side of Hwy. #44, viewed above tree top level, if I had to give a height between 500 to 1000 feet above ground, I saw three lights in a irregular triangle formation. I watched as I drove till I could find a spot with no trees in the way and pulled over my vehicle on the side of the highway. I turned off the lights and the car. While I was doing this the lights had become 5 or 6 in numbers. I got out of my vehicle to view the phenomena and the lights started disappearing until there were only two remaining. I would compare the lights to low pressure sodium yard lights in density (Golden in hue), they were each a single source of light with no beam shining from it.
The two remaining were moving, although they all may have been moving at first, one travelled slowly above and east of me and passed over me and then it also faded out. The second one was following at the same rate of speed and basically went past me above me east of me and faded out. The lights were travelling south to north. There was no sound, a very quiet evening, a dog barking in the next farm yard and the sound of the Whitemouth river adjacent to the highway.
When I got back into the car and checked the time again, it was three minutes in total.
I have never seen anything like this in my life.
I am 57 of sound mind, do not drink or smoke pot. I am a pilot and do know what a plane lights or helicopter lights are and these were from no such plane, in all my experience there is nothing I can explain it as.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteshellmoose

Thanks so much for your reply! Your experience sounds very similar to ours however you saw more lights than we did, and the description of the lights you gave sounds like the same type of object, being golden in hue and about the same density as a sodium yard light. It is also very interesting that it was only about 20-25 minutes after our experience with the same type of lights! The only other difference is the direction of travel however at the speed the object was going it could have easily changed up direction and met up with some "friends" over by whitemouth.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteshellmoose

www.youtube.com...

I know this video is terrible quality, but it is all I could get. You can see the orb come out from behind trees at about 20 seconds into it.
edit on 22-6-2011 by jjguitarist because: wrong embed code

edit on 22-6-2011 by jjguitarist because: learning how to embed video

new topics

top topics

join