It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente Trend Alert: "It's Coming! Are You Ready?"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So what? The great Bernanke has been wrong a few times. We've all been wrong once or twice in our lives.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by jibeho

So what? The great Bernanke has been wrong a few times. We've all been wrong once or twice in our lives.

You do realize that he reads from a script, right? He's head of a private corporation that is in no way a part of the government. What does he care about anything, he just speaks. Go and compare his track record to Gerald Celente.

Bernanke's more like a weatherman: you can be wrong all the time and still keep your job. Hell, you can even get Time Magazine's "Person of the Year" award.
Link...

edit on 14-6-2011 by rstregooski because: c

edit on 14-6-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski

reply to post by jibeho

You do realize that he reads from a script, right? He's head of a private corporation that is in no way a part of the government. Go and compare his track record to Gerald Celente.

The Fed isn't a private corporation, it's quasi-private.

The Fed is mostly owned by large private banks, but it is run by a board of governors who are appointed by the president.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

You are clearly confused, contradicting yourself out of boredom and don't know anything about the topic at hand. Good luck in trolling your next thread for kicks and giggles. heee heee heee BTW... Do you have Prince Albert in a can? Is your refrigerator running? heee heee heee

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

You clearly need to watch that video again on page 2.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

reply to post by jibeho

You are clearly confused, contradicting yourself out of boredom and don't know anything about the topic at hand. Good luck in trolling your next thread for kicks and giggles. heee heee heee BTW... Do you have Prince Albert in a can? Is your refrigerator running? heee heee heee

You should watch some Ben Bernanke or Paul Krugman lectures.

They will blow your mind.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
tbh, i agree with Gerald. idk why im doing this.

sorry.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If JP forfeit on the silver certificates all I can see happening is silver going through the roof especially when silver rose so high and experienced massive falls time and time again. One thing I have noticed silver will pick up again very soon it's trying to normalise but some silver market holder is playing with the price dropping enough to kill the price rise and buying up to get the price to rise whoever it was should have made some major money from that.

How long will China hold onto your money before it panics and needs to dump your currency before it's worthless? This will be the final nail in the coffin and after QE3 that might just happen. Something else we keep forgetting is the fact you still have reserve currency status who are they even going to pass this onto. The Euro is doomed due to countries with huge debt and only bailouts will work to get them back on board. China is risking inflation and might die before it even manages to get anywhere. Japan is on the brink of being a ghost island after the power plants Australia is propped up by international investment. Russia still hasn't recovered who does that leave.

This is where you put them altogether America calls for QE3 because people need to be bailed out urgently China dumps all American currency due to the devaluing by the FED America starts to experince the start of hyper inflation China is no longer supported by their biggest consumer and Americas debt can't be solved with anyones gold stockpiles so China starts to close down manufacturing plants. Due to these plants being shut down call for Australia's minerals are no longer needed and Australia's debt will begin to gather more interest and stock market will fall with America and Australia falling money becomes worthless. Whilst all this is happening the Euro is experiencing huge problems due to faultering debts owed. Stock market will have no drive in the in the resources sector the banking sector will start to go down when personal,home and business loans can no longer be paid back so the banking sector will fall in the stock market.

Due to noone having any money nothing is being bought money no longer becomes something people will hold value in. this will be the end of the banks cash cow and people will hopefully be fully aware to all their devious acts. Only way this can be saved start a new currency which the UN has already done with the SDR we now have a one world currency. Or they could reset the system but that isn't the plan. Hopefully people will not accept the new dollar and just continue in barter and trade but the weak will fold quickly so they can have a piece of paper that they feels is worth something. So what will this mean for gold and silver will they still trade for high dollars or will a fully manipulated market force these to be worth nothing?

Does this sound plausible what else do you feel will happen.

Oh also another scenario is no money come live in our FEMA camp and we will look after you then begins the culling of the human race and start being placed in sustainable communities like the one being built in Abu Dhabi?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Sounds feasible. Who knows what will happen though? No one really...

I think that local scrips based off of bartering would be the way to go. I build a fence for 100 barter credits and I use that to buy 20 bushels of apples from someone else with an orchard. That system could be sustained without having to depend on fiat money.
edit on 14-6-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by vkturbo

Sounds feasible. Who knows what will happen though? No one really...

I think that local scrips based off of bartering would be the way to go. I build a fence for 100 barter credits and I use that to buy 20 bushels of apples from someone else with an orchard. That system could be sustained without having to depend on fiat money.

This just came out in Drudge..

Link...

"Reprise of the financial crisis"?? I didn't know it had stopped..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Think most know what will happen it's just when say it will all go belly up all at once just to bring in those SDR's what an easy way of doing it hey. Bartering is better for sure especially if you have skills and with knowledge gained should be able to build a car to run off hydrogen too easy as wonder how many other would look for other alternatives.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski
"Reprise of the financial crisis"?? I didn't know it had stopped..

Very clever words chosen by the President. For those of us that like to read between the lines, what he said translates into this:

"If we do not raise the debt ceiling our postponing (QE/bailout/TARP) of the inevitable will have failed and the beginning of the complete collapse might be sooner than we anticipated, or may happen before we can find a solution."

I like to consider myself a realist, but am I guilty of being pessimistic?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

You know something that I haven't heard mentioned and another thing I've always wondered about. What will OPEC do with all those, soon to be, worthless US T-bills they bought in exchange for selling their oil? They have a vested interest in the US economy as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I do wonder what type of time line we are really looking at, as this is still a job for Celente I do take his time line with a pinch of salt. But I agree everything seems to be bursting at the seams..

Here in the UK the data keeps getting worse.. new car sales down 11 months in a row, starting wages declining, unemployment increasing within a declining number of job opportunities, declining retail sales, airline profits down 78% etc etc etc..

The list of decline seems endless, with negative news outweighing good news more and more each day.

All the debauching of currencies and the printing just seems to slow the decline rather than reverse it.. the end result seem inevitable..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yep you will be the first country that will become slaves to the new way of living with Cameron in charge and leading you there full steam ahead not good at all. Never knew any of what you said before been noticing alot more that news from other countries not really being played unless it involves war sad really

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

lol boon a campfire. ever try burning a hole through a single whith a ciggaret? it dosent evan burn !
hmmm? might be an itresting thread in its self.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Would people seriously stop saying this?

Holy #. Yes. We get it. You're impatient and want to be living off crumbs a day.

Of course it's inevitable, it's going to happen regardless.

Just be careful what you wish for. You'll be wishing for another day like today when SHTF.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

It's the baby steps downwards that I think people are missing the bigger picture.. and they are certainly being miss directed by smoke and mirrors by the MSM.. to quote the economist Maynard-Keynes.

There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose.

E-Book "The Economic Consequence of Peace" by John Maynard-Keynes

Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the Capitalist System was to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens. By this method they not only confiscate, but they confiscate arbitrarily; and, while the process impoverishes many, it actually enriches some.

The sight of this arbitrary rearrangement of riches strikes not only at security, but at confidence in the equity of the existing distribution of wealth. Those to whom the system brings windfalls, beyond their deserts and even beyond their expectations or desires, become "profiteers,", who are the object of the hatred of the bourgeoisie, whom the inflationism has impoverished, not less than of the proletariat.

As the inflation proceeds and the real value of the currency fluctuates wildly from month to month, all permanent relations between debtors and creditors, which form the ultimate foundation of capitalism, become so utterly disordered as to be almost meaningless; and the process of wealth-getting degenerates into a gamble and a lottery.

I do feel we are almost at the last part "the process of wealth-getting degenerates into a gamble and a lottery"
edit on 14/6/11 by thoughtsfull because: clarity

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose.

That's a great quote, I haven't seen it in a few years..

But of course nothing like that appears in a college-level economics textbook, ha..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

I am sure they wouldn't want anyone seeing the smoke and mirrors for what they are...

as for the quote, It's one that stuck in my mind a long time ago, tho I honestly never thought I would ever actually be applying it to the world around me.. *shakes head in disbelief*

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join