It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Steals the Show at Faith and Freedom Conference

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

call me a noob but why hasn't he gone farther in 30yrs?

cause he is a fringe nut job.

Many would say because "those that decide" don't want him there..
Do you honestly believe anyone is elected without being allowed??

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Its to bad this woman is his hero.

She thinks religion is whats wrong with America and the Conservatives.
He says her book is number two in the world?

Christians should know who he believes in or do they?

www.courier-journal.com...

wow this seams like a huge strech they never said they suported the parts agenst god they where refering to the other parts of her book as for her anti god stance its not the fed govs place to dictate a belief system so what would this have to do with a prez canidate o also the christians know who he belives in and you would also if you checked out his past speaches. but if you have some issues that you have real evidence for feel free to let me know as i havent decided who to vote for yet but if thats your strongest argument it looks like RP 2012

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
It's weird, but I have found myself agreeing with Ron Paul more and more. I saw a video of his in which he basically took the position that the government should not legislate morality. Some really tricky scenarios were presented to him, which should conflict with his values. But he resolutely replied that, no, government should not intervene in these cases, on principle.

I have to question that though. When I look at the US with its founding values, I see a lot of abuse that goes on in the name of freedom. Look at the Westboro Baptist church. Their right to do the terrible things they do, upheld by the highest court in the land, in the name of freedom. I have to wonder, if this kind of thing were really allowed to continue its course, what would be the cost? If people were really "free", what other atrocities would be permitted in the name of that freedom?

The US is also a country with a very vast separation between the poor and the rich. I have literally walked from a multimillion dollar mansion for five minutes down the road to areas where residents could not afford to have a heater for the winter and froze to death. There is this kind of heartless attitude in the US, "you aint getting no handout from me". So there's a real dearth of human compassion at one end of the spectrum and a real lack of education at the other (and everything in between of course). So I question whether the US is actually ready for freedom. In nations where there is a consistent standard of education, health care, wealth distribution and so on, it might work. But I just don't see high crime areas becoming anything but even higher crime areas, and poor areas becoming even more poverty stricken and exploited if the government stop intervening so much. In short, I am not convinced the people are ready to pick up where the government leaves off.

I also question what would happen to the economy if Ron Paul were elected. He was a strong advocate of the Fed being audited, and seems to want the Fed to end. As much as I agree with him on this point, I cannot see this happening without much pain if it happens quickly. The entire world economy may go into a deep and sustained depression without the US economy continuing as it currently is. It might do that anyway of course, but doing what Ron Paul seems to be advocating may just hasten it.

Finally, when you hear Ron Paul talking at these committee hearings on the Fed, he talks a lot. He maybe even likes the sound of his own voice. He comes across as somewhat conspiratorial and even sounds like he is raving without any particular direction in what he is saying. He's still a somewhat sharp guy, but he is getting old, and I am unsure if he is sensible enough to be a solid president.

Having said all that, ultimately, I still find myself agreeing with the guy on a lot of his basic policy positions. He might be a disaster if he got in. But he just might be the disaster that the US really needs.

When you visit the US you realise that it is the only country in the world where every second commercial is for a pharmaceutical drug or a lawyer. Everyone is medicated or suing someone. The supermarkets have three aisles of sugar products. Bread contains sugar (or more likely high fructose corn syrup). You have to ask for "diet water" otherwise it too will have sugar in it. Even tomato sauce (ketchup) has the stuff in it. And everyone eats out all the time. This is the country that gave us McDonalds, KFC and Coca Cola. Everyone suffers from migraines and takes pills for it. Everyone drives and everyone catches a plane, even to go a few hundred kilometres. People ride around in little motorised scooters because they are too fat to walk any more. You hear about shootings every other day in the big cities. And yet, everyone in the US seems to not realise that this is not how the rest of the world is. In fact, many people from the US seem to be so patriotic that they cannot bear to hear their country talked down. They think it is a good thing that the US interferes in world affairs in just about every country. They think it is a good thing that the US is the world's only superpower. Even the religion is tainted with domestic politics. Most people have no idea what Christianity is about and think it is some kind of US political message. You go to church to hob nob with important people.

Of course I am exaggerating to the extreme here. But these are the sort of things you notice when you visit the US. It's a fairyland and everyone there seems to be under some kind of spell. Primarily people need to get themselves educated and learn about the world around them. Ron Paul might just be the shock the US needs. But again, I am so certain that the majority of the US population is so under the influence of the media that I am just as confident that someone like Ron Paul hasn't a chance. For all the thinking and waffling and television and debate that goes into US politics, the US public seems intent on inflicting more of the same on themselves year after year after year. Precisely what they are being programmed to do.

In case anyone should take offence at what I wrote, please don't. I'm colouring it up because if I don't do so, cultural blindness, which affects all of us, makes it impossible to see the things about our own culture that are so very wrong. They are obvious to the rest of the world, but not to us because we are brought up and indoctrinated with it every day of our lives. At least here on ATS people are prepared to examine other viewpoints. Cultural norms are challenged and the media and government are not upheld as examples of all things good. People around here do not just swallow whatever they are told. So please don't be offended. I'm not trying to offend your culture. I have just as many bad things to say about my own culture. But it is only by travelling outside my culture that I have been able to see it for what it is. All cultures also have good aspects, and the US is no exception. I'm just painting a negative picture because it is what I notice the most when I visit the US. It sticks out as being odd because it is not like that elsewhere. I have many good memories of the US too from back in the day when I still visited the US (nowadays I don't because I do not agree with the wars, the US interference all around the world, the TSA groping, the treatment of whistleblowers, extraordinary rendition, torture, imprisonment of so many people in US prisons and many other things).

I hope Ron Paul gets in, and I am glad he can speak to people with and without faith and make sense to them. But I still don't think the US is ready for him. There's too much security fear and financial selfishness to be dealt with. Until people are able to calm down and be generous, I don't see the US as being ready for the type of liberty Ron Paul wants to bring about. I think it would lead to chaos.
edit on 10-6-2011 by XtraTL because: typo

edit on 10-6-2011 by XtraTL because: punctuation

yes i think this will cause chaos but probably long needed
i have to reply just because your post needs to be read twice star for you

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by fooks

then you got your answer! FORGET ABOUT THIS GUY!

what is the problem?

he hasn't gone anywhere because his policies go no where! maybe if he frikin lived in 1776 maybe he would have something.

THIS IS 2011!!!!!! lol. kick him into the hole, like sparta, lol.

ya but paul ron is not going anywhere. he likes where he is. ya think!?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

maybe if he frikin lived in 1776 maybe he would have something.

Only worthwhile piece of your post..
Apart from that it appears your just another in a long line of corrupted fools...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

reply to post by fooks

maybe if he frikin lived in 1776 maybe he would have something.

Only worthwhile piece of your post..
Apart from that it appears your just another in a long line of corrupted fools...

ya, like i said before, draft his ass to Australia and you use him to fix YOUR country.

lol, common BIBy be real.

he might just fit in with 30 friggin years of obscure service.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I really do not want to sound like a sour puss here,
but I would like everyone to perform a lil test of their own.

I want every one of you to watch a couple Ron Paul videos,
it doesn't really matter which ones as your results
will be the same and I want you to watch the video
and actually count how many times Ron uses
the word "Constitution" - "Freedom" - "Liberty".

Now go back to 2001 and work urself forward
and count how many times the Bush Administration
and his croonies used the words
"Terrorism" - "Weapons of Mass Destruction" - "Bin Laden".

Do you see any resemblance at all between
the 2 exercises ???

Both are programming your brain for a purpose.
Both are Republicans.
Both needed something from you.

We now know what Bush's secret agenda was.
War on Terrorism was really a war of corporate
imperialism pushing international banking
cartels, installing puppet dictators and
controlling international drug trade.

Have you figured out what Ron Paul's secret agenda is ???

If he dissolves the FED, do you really think the US
Treasury will print money again ??? Based on what??
they have no gold reserves. All the gold has been stolen
and horded by the elites for the past 10 yrs ever since
the gold heist in the basements of the twin towers
on 9/11. The first 10 yrs in this millennium will eventually
be known as the 2nd Gold Rush.

No, Paul will opt out of the US Treasury printing
money cuz they have nothing to back it with.
he will falter to the NWO and dissolve the FED.
This is his purpose. But first he has to trick you
into believing the same rhetoric we heard from Bush,
then Obama and now Paul.

Paul wants to downsize the Fed Gov.
Would that not completely fall into the plans
of a NWO gov?? No Fed Gov but opts for
a world government to replace it ??
Yes, he wants a smaller Fed Gov, but not for
the reasons he is stating. But for the
entrance into the NWO.

You are being sold barbed wire
and told it is cotton candy.

You are being led to slaughter sheeple.
Wake up to see the mind freak in progress.
the elites have ALL their bases covered.
Do you ???
edit on 6/10/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Even though I'm no longer supporting Ron Paul...I will say that this is perhaps one of the most dumbed down attempts to discredit him.
Ron Paul is making a point that our monetary system and our economy is artificial and will eventually burst. It's something inevitable and he's warning us now to do something about it. At least he recognized the problem, and not many politicians have the intelligence nor the intentions to do so. You don't even know what you're talking about... Who are the elites? The Annunaki, the free masons, the interntional bankers...all the above? It's sad that so many people buy into this non-sense. You are just regurgitating some unsubstantiated conspiracy crap that you've apparently been gullible enough to believe in and now you're making a list of ambigious reasons for not supporting a candidate that upholds the constitution? Excuse me...but if I were you, I'd probably crawl back under that rock.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by laiguana

Apologies if I've misunderstood...

...WTF are you talking about? This is a Faith & Freedom conference, and that's what Ron Paul's all about. This wasn't just an appearance by him, but other candidates as well, and Ron needs to try to educate and get the message out to all - especially the lost sheep of his own faith. These being what they are, he is one of them - just one of the best, brightest, and most consistent as he never let hyped up media fear drive him away from the actual roots of his faith which are the basis of his political views.

So...since some there might oppose him - and honestly, there is not a side that does not offer him at least a bit of opposition - you say you now won't be able to support him?

Who WILL you be able to support, and under what sort of justification, if Ron Paul speaking at a faith & freedom conference offends you somehow?

Too bad Ron Paul actually believes these people care about the constitution or why the economy is in poor state. They don't pay attention until their bank accounts are hurting and even then they don't really care what the source of the problem is, they just want a quick fix. That's why these religious freaks were right behind Dubya when he decided to bomb Iraq soon after 9/11...They're impulsive, they only stick to the mob mentality and they're easily manipulated. These baby boomers are a complete disgrace, don't be surprised, should Ron Paul gain momentum or even gets inaugurated they would stab him in the back.
edit on 11-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Perhaps running your mouth about how government should be doing far more is not what Christians, specifically Evangelicals, truly want.

LOL who knows what these nutjobs (
) truly want... Most evangelicals believe that those holding positions of power are appointed there by god. They are just tools really, tools who will blindly follow "Pastor Bill" to the voting polls - so any candidate should be careful about "surprising" or more importantly pi$$ing them off as it will have dire consequences (lost votes) down the road.
edit on 11-6-2011 by ParAvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
As much as I appreciate Mr Pauls point of view and his effort and his speeches, I can not stop thinking "controlled opposition".

Seems like a sheep without a single tooth to me .. don't know why .. don't think he'll change anything. He perfectly seems like someone you would put up, so people could nod and say "There's still someone standing up for our rights, someone calling out all the thieves and liars and thugs" but you know he'll just bark and never bite, and will prevent someone who would really start acting on his words from gaining the attention of the people. Someone like M.L. King or Kennedy.

-Shrugs-

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I used to support Ron Paul until this...
Now that I see he's willing to pander to the same war-mongering, fear-mongering crowds that were gullible enough to believe that Sadam Hussein was directly involved in 9/11, I bet...he's probably willing to pander to any crowd, regardless how ridiculous they may be, if it means he'll get more votes.
Ron Paul may show one face to one crowd, and the other to another. I don't like two faced politicians...Had enough of those already.

There is a difference between pandering and communicating in a way that will appeal to an audience. Libertarianism speaks to Liberals as well as Conservatives. If people used their brains instead of allowing themselves to be brainwashed, they'd see that Libertarianism can bring us together rather than divide us like the left/right paradigm does.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
With ideas like ending the fed, sound money, and liberty,.. you would have to be a jibbering nutjob to not support Ron Paul. How much closer to a founding father can you get?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
dr paul really spend 30 yrs in congress?

you guys really think he needs a promotion?

or deserves one? i have a corn on my toe.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The more education I get, the more I agree with Ron Paul.

Right now I've taken over 40 courses (need 40 more due to my major) in college and I have to say, he's pretty much right about what's wrong with the political and economic systems that we have.

He avoids the social aspects because you should never impose your ways of life on others. Government must stay out of it.

Calling him a "nut job" or whatever doesn't make his ideas wrong.

What he says maybe be harsh and hard to accept but IT IS THE BEST WE CAN DO. That's how I think of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The title of this thread is amusing.

It's like saying 'Wile E. Coyote spoke at an Anvil and TNT conference and blew the crowd away!'

Ironic how all you Paulites are all for independant thought, until someone points out that they prefer someone who doesn't believe in making government smaller. Then, they are sheep.

Small government is a really great way to concentrate power. Power that should be spread among every citizen in a democracy. That means the 'government' should be huge, not small.

Nobody ever wants to talk about that, because it flies in the face of conservative rhetoric. Small government is totalitarian government.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I believe Ron Paul is the best candidate now, and in November of 2012. Did anyone know Dr. Paul practiced medicine and was co-owner of a very successful small practice for over 20 years prior to entering into politics? His former partner (of over 20+ years) Dr. Jack Pruett, endorses him 100% and feels Dr. Paul is an outstanding human being and an extremely intelligent leader. Change is what is needed, and not just "lip service" like what has been rendered the past three years. I did not know this and it has helped solidify my opinions of Ron Paul. I have always liked him, and was intrigued by Alex Jone's endorsement of him. I subscribed to Ron Paul's You Tube station about 2 years ago and I received a personal message from him. This was not a canned reply or some delayed response. He answered my questions "straight up" and did not hide behind the computer. I was touched and this is exactly what I am trying to communicate---he is real and not some bigger than life figure. My opinions of the political arena here in our USA, is of complete and utter frustration. Lies and abuse of the trust of the American People!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

reply to post by fooks

then you got your answer! FORGET ABOUT THIS GUY!

what is the problem?

he hasn't gone anywhere because his policies go no where! maybe if he frikin lived in 1776 maybe he would have something.

THIS IS 2011!!!!!! lol. kick him into the hole, like sparta, lol.

ya but paul ron is not going anywhere. he likes where he is. ya think!?

I take exception to this. It wasn't until just a few years ago that people really started to understand our current financial structure.

Fractional reserve - how many people knew what this is?

How many knew that the federal reserve was a private corporation just a decade ago. The truth is people are beginning to see the fiat scam for what it is, so we either use our new found information to actually elect the guy who has been telling us this for 30 years, or we somehow discredit a guy that was FREAKING RIGHT. I don't get people, are we just so brainwashed that we can't see whats right in front of us. With what happened in 2008, how can anyone seriously consider another candidate. Here we go again, lets elect another puppet. Or better yet lets call the guy who has been telling us this stuff for 30 years, just hoping people would wake the eff up, lets call him a puppet. I don't get it.
edit on 12-6-2011 by no time because: "it"

EDIT: lets not forget this guy was telling us the truth even before the buildup for Iraq and Afghanistan - the ONLY one telling the truth. Period
edit on 12-6-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)

EDIT 2: Vote Ron Paul, and we all might have a future, Vote various puppets and the value of your work, and your ability to earn a living continues to recede. I am all about getting more lip service from these other jacks, I mean, its not like we haven't had the last 6 presidents to figure out the scam, and yet we keep buying it, hook line and sinker.
edit on 12-6-2011 by no time because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
absolutely the only patriot american we have as americans they watch dancing with the stars and get side trackedd, way sad times

edit on 12-6-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
let me ask all of you a few questions.

What good would campaign promises do
when a president is elected and then shown
there really are aliens and we have treaties
with them? How do you think a newly inducted
president is gonna hang on to those same
promises once he has become privy to the
fact of alien integration on earth?

Most of us here on ATS believe there are
aliens, even some living among us. But we
can't prove it thus far. But what if the president
is made aware of this only AFTER getting
into office ??? Don't you think, his whole
outlook on the presidency changes ???
Including what he promised on the campaign
trail ???

What good will Paul's promise of Constitution,
Freedom and Liberty do, if there is an alien force
which will not allow us to go back to 1776 ???
Which may also be the reason why so many
within TPTB are struggling for a 1-world order
to comply with the alien agenda.

Would you not comply like Eisenhower did
if aliens approached earth and said
"comply or die" ???

Could this be why all presidents say one thing
then do something completely different once
in office. Could the Military Industrial Complex
be a total alien agenda from the start ???

This would also mean that if Paul is elected,
then he will comply just like Obama and Bush
and Clinton, etc .... no matter what he promised
before he was elected. He will comply to save
earth and humanity. Any sane person would.

Just trying to make you think ..... what if ???

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Just trying to make you think ..... what if ???

What if you woke up from this dream your having that Ron Paul is the same as the rest??

JFK tried to change things and died..
I think Ron Paul is patriotic enough to try even knowing the possible consequences..

Try giving the guy a chance and a little bit of credit Boon..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join