It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is not a Good Politician!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a US Congressman for the Republican Party, he is running as a presidential candidate in the 2012 Presidential Campaign. Ron Paul formally announced his candidacy "on May 13, 2011, in a national broadcast on ABC's Good Morning America".

One thing most people cannot deny about Ron Paul is his honesty regarding American Foreign Policy, he has questioned and criticized the US Foreign Policy through out his time serving as a Congressman. In the 2008 Presidential Debate he argued that we shouldn't have gone to Iraq, and we should withdrawal as soon as possible. He argues that US shouldn't be involved in "Nation Building" and "interference", he argues that "it is the constitutional position, it is the advice of the founders to follow a non-intervention foreign policy, stay out of entangling alliances, be friends with countries, negotiate and talk and trade with them".

Obviously I argue this is not good politics because politics revolve around deceit, trickery, not honesty and integrity. Ron Paul has failed as a Presidential Candidate because he does not use emotional rhetorics like his counter parts, instead relies on logic.

For example he states that the terrorists attacked us in 9/11 because of our own "intervention policy". This is against the fundamentals of Politics, although he is telling he truth, other candidates can easily use the emotions attached with the 9/11 attacks to degrade him and gain cheap points. For example other candidates have used those emotions, arguing that the "terrorist attacked us because they hate us", obviously not true, nor productive, but very emotional and what most want to believe. No one wants to believe that someone attacked us because of our own misconduct.

This makes Ron Paul an easy target, and other Politicians can take easy jabs at him, saying that Ron Paul claims we "had it coming", or that the thousands who died in the tragic 9/11 attacks was America's fault.

Ron Paul should use any lie and deceit necessary to become a President, then work for the good of America. It is impossible to win a Presidential Campaign by telling the truth.

Is Ron Paul a good politician? We can agree that he is a good debater, but debate in the public eye is usually judged based on emotion. Who can stir more negative emotions against other candidates, and gain positive emotions towards him/herself by stacking promises and beliefs which people want to hear.

Once you become a President, you don't have to follow the lane paved through your Political Campaign, you can then implement what you truly believe.
edit on 30-5-2011 by confreak because: syntax

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

He can't be any worse than the current bunch of crooks living in the white house and sitting in the congress and senate.
edit on 30-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Name a "good" politician.

2nd

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GringoViejo
Name a "good" politician.

2nd

Obama is a good politician, he can stir emotions easily through his well written speeches. Although much of his promises and beliefs go against his conduct, he did use deceit and lies to become a President, making him a great Politician.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think what you are saying is that Ron Paul is not a good politician because he cannot stir the right emotional chords? And Obama is a good politician because he can?

If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think I see where you're coming from, Ron Paul is NOT a good politician - he is not adept at the game of politics. That makes him a better congressman and hopefully a better presidential candidate. I hope he keeps his honesty and integrity intact and doesn't try to play dirty politics just to keep up with the Republican and Democratic parties.

+1 more 
posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
what the OP is trying to say is that Ron Paul is doomed to fail because he doesnt lie like every single other person on capitol hill

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
what the OP is trying to say is that Ron Paul is doomed to fail because he doesnt lie like every single other person on capitol hill

he's also saying, that because Paul actually makes people THINK, he's not favored FTW. our society was changed from one of doers, creators and thinkers to one of waiters, expectors and "i'll let someone else think for me-ers" ...and in the event Paul becomes president, we've got 2 possibilities to come from that.
1) he may continue the standard practice that we've seen many past presidents do, which is what a few tell them.

or

2) he may shake the standard, jarring people to their senses and force uncomfortable changes by sticking only with the constitution/bill of rights. which will scare the crap out of people. though it may be for our own good.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Of course he's a bad politician. We don't need politicians. We need leaders. He resonates with people who realize this. I think he's ahead of his time... or rather America is behind with the times. There's no way he'll win the presidency, but he's got my vote.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I completely agree with you in that Ron Paul will have little chance of winning because of his lack of emotional appeal. No need to rehash what you wrote, but it was right on. A lot can happen between now and election time, but if he does not get elected I will lose what little faith I had remaining in American government and the American people. Anyone who would choose a candidate based solely on their physical and emotional appeal, and political party, which unfortunately is the masses, rather than logic and common sense is doing much more harm to the system than good.

Politicians have been taking advantage of peoples' gullibility, stupidity, and basic human nature to get elected since the founding of the nation. I know too many people that would not vote either Dem/Rep even if that particular candidate was better suited and had a better plan for the job.

There are many individuals who have a pretty good grip on the political climate who choose not to vote, and the people who will believe whatever a candidate says on tv will end up being the majority of the voters. Ron Paul just isn't flashy enough for the majority of voters, and it really does make me shake my head at what we have become.

But as we all know, we can sit here and complain all day long and nothing will get solved. I, as well as many others I assume, would do something if there was something that could be done. A leader with a plan to rally behind...or just a plan that the masses will subscribe to and believe in. I could go on all day, but I will cut my rant off here. Good post by the way.

edit on 5/31/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
U sir have no idea what your talking about. Ron Paul is the "Only" good politician out there!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

yeah you can implement what you truly believe, and then you get your head blown off. Next

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
ron paul would not make a good POTUS.

world leaders would eat him up. he would be like spock compared to kirk.

as righteous and logical as he is, he would be a babe in the woods.

besides, his foreign policy will let the mouses play, imo.

sorry people, i just don't see him doing a better job than carter outside the borders.

give him more domestic power under a strong foreign policy administration and i be happy.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by abilitiy
U sir have no idea what your talking about. Ron Paul is the "Only" good politician out there!

I don't think you understand the original post - the OP is arguing that Ron Paul is not a 'good politician' because he's not that into the dirty game of politics - using lies and emotional appeal rather than reason and logic to get to the top. I agree. He'd make an awesome president for sure, but he has the odds against him because he doesn't play by the rules of manipulation and charisma that other politicians use.

Nice post OP, I opened this thread thinking it was going to be a fear-mongering anti-Paul appeal, but I was pleasantly surprised by the rationality. Starred & flagged

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I do not know what makes a politician good or bad. However, I do feel Ron Paul is really "out there" and too controversial. Yup.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
People are getting mixed up with "good" and "bad" politicians in this thread.

Sometimes "good" doesn't really mean "good" and "bad" doesn't really mean "bad".

Sometimes "good" can mean "bad" and "bad" can mean "good".

Does that make sense now?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Once you become a President, you don't have to follow the lane paved through your Political Campaign, you can then implement what you truly believe.

I'm sorry but all the points you make early on in the OP are nullified if they depend on this fantasy for fulfillment.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Hi Terry.

Just wanted to add that Politics is depressing.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think all the reasons you listed as reasons he basically won't get elected are the same reasons why his supporters love him so much. Even if he doesn't stand a chance now, he may be paving the way for similar candidates in the future. He is also using this platform to spread his message and it is a good one, and people are listening. We need iconoclastic candidates like him to show people the same old lying politicians we are accustomed to are not the only ones possible.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Fortunately Ron Paul has to much integrity to lie to win the presidency. That is the very thing that is appealing about him

And to the poster who said he'd get eaten up by foreign leaders and be like Carter. You couldn't be further from the truth the man is a rock in the face all opposition he has received over the years.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join