It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is not a Good Politician!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

I think you are confusing a "Good Politician" with a "good Campaigner and corruption"..

Ron Paul IS good politician..
He just refuses to play the political game and lie to the voters while taking backdoor bribes from lobby groups..

he speaks for the people, not big corporations and lobby groups..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

The truly sad thing is that every time I watch TV (and that is not very often) when they are talking about the candidates for president, They NEVER MENTION RON PAUL!!!!!! Why????

We need to get his name out there as much as we can because the media won't do it!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Nice provocative thread title. I sensed the irony a mile away. Paul is not a politician, Paul is a statesman. Huge difference. Politicians serve polls and statesmen serve...... states. We have as many politicians as we have lawyers. We have precious few statesmen.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
ya'll are ridiculous. You say that he won't be a good politician because he's not the same as the crooks that're currently destroying the country?

I use that as evidence that he WOULD make a good POTUS....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoincidenceX
ya'll are ridiculous. You say that he won't be a good politician because he's not the same as the crooks that're currently destroying the country?

I use that as evidence that he WOULD make a good POTUS....

I think the point the OP is making is

Politician, statesman refer to one skilled in politics. These terms differ particularly in their connotations; politician is more often derogatory, and statesman laudatory. Politician suggests the schemes and devices of a person who engages in (especially small) politics for party ends or for one's own advantage: a dishonest politician. Statesman suggests the eminent ability, foresight, and unselfish patriotic devotion of a person dealing with (especially important or great) affairs of state: a distinguished statesman.

dictionary.reference.com...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
we don't need a good politician, we need a roll model, and a clear thinker. and obviously having a good politician doesn't work so well. if you go against ron paul you go against the american public. he is the only one who has the balls to stand up against the feds, and it seems to me he actually wants to get things done. you sir obviously love having our rights crippled and our privacy striped away.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
we don't need a good politician, we need a roll model, and a clear thinker. and obviously having a good politician doesn't work so well. if you go against ron paul you go against the american public. he is the only one who has the balls to stand up against the feds, and it seems to me he actually wants to get things done. you sir obviously love having our rights crippled and our privacy striped away.

If you are talking to me,
then I suggest you re-read my first post.

It should help you clarify some of my points.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

very good. as you can tell i just skimmed through it, assuming it was another ron paul bash. sorry. i believe i've learned something here.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred

He can't be any worse than the current bunch of crooks living in the white house and sitting in the congress and senate.
edit on 30-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

Ya, have to agree with you, hey why ever-ever-ever-ever get a president that stands for something when all you need is hope and change and that gets you elected

I mean come on op, talking about reversing reverse psych here

The last one hundred years of idiots that we have had for potus, have taken this country in the direction of today, so are you saying why stop now, as the pukes that have been surplanted under our current government might be upset

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

No President can impliment what he wants....he tows the line and does what he is told when he's told.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

Originally posted by newcovenant

The novelty of Ron Paul is that he tells the truth.
His integrity is what he has going for him.
People are not too stupid to recognize lies and manipulation and so I don't think he should change.

We usually pick the lesser of the two evils offered,
unless we are fighting a war and then we go for the greater.

I think he should point out others avoiding crucial facts out of political expedience
and that is a level of dishonesty we cannot stomach any longer.

quite admirable, but sooooooooo not realistic.

i want someone to threaten people and have the balls to do it if need be.

even if it's a bluff!

And you prove my point nicely.

unless we are fighting a war and then we go for the greater.

You would take the greater of two evils as long as one had greater desire and ability to destroy anyone whom you imagine, and are told, is your enemy.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
www.youtube.com...

can't imbed, must be area 51.

sorry!
edit on 31-5-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

Funny. Can you still edit?
Here is the number you need to enter in the vid:youtube box RVstafKZDYY

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Hahaha! Just reading the responses, I can tell that you have proven one other thing aside from Dr. Paul's skill in politics: People on this site only read thread titles.

Anyway, great OP. It's rather embarrassing that people didn't actually catch the satire.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Cuervo because: On first cup of coffee...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

No President can impliment what he wants....he tows the line and does what he is told when he's told.

Exactly, that's what I'm afraid of.

At least with him still being a Congressman for the people and by the people we may still have a chance.
At the very least, we'd still have a staunch insider letting us know whats really going on in the "Boys Club".

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ron Paul is completely clueless. He has no idea how to run the government properly. His idea of returning to the gold standard is a disaster. His ideas to cut most government agencies is horrible and will put more Americans at risk. His idea of a flat tax will hurt he lower classes and help the rich while bringing in very little tax revenue.

I suppose this makes him worse than the rest.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

"Good" in the sense of adept at the game of national politics? Not so much. "Good" in the sense of not evil? I think probably so. And that brings up another side topic, have you noticed that now more than ever, that whoever believes something contrary to what a particular party espouses, they're "evil" to everyone within that party? No one can disagree anymore without being branded as some sort of Prince(ss) of Darkness.

I like Ron Paul, but I think he's unelectable. Not just because he's "right" or some sort of white knight fighting the minions of Mordor. He's unelectable because he isn't a glib, charismatic, sound bite kinda guy.

You give me a guy with Sen Paul's ideals and beliefs with John Edwards' charisma and speaking ability, and there'd be such a groundswell of support, not even the Special Interests could derail it in my opinion. In fact what They do is not so much quash guys and movements like that, is get out in front of them and absorb them. And the method is seductive, because it's always been true - "You can have the greatest ideas and plans ever, but if you can't get elected, it's meaningless. And buddy, not only can We get you elected, you can't get elected without U$." That's pretty much what's happened to the Tea Party. Absent a big, charismatic, strong willed person to front it, there was a power vacuum that the usual suspects filled.

Whenever there's ever any kind of successful grass roots movement, there will be plenty of people ready to jump out front and take credit, and won't care who they have to elbow aside to do it. Anyone who has ever spent any time in any sort of organization is no stranger to the concept, from Little League fundraisers to church festivals. The people getting the accolades when it's over are generally conspicuous by their absence when the actual work is being done.

Paul has a loyal core of followers, but it isn't large enough to reach critical mass. He's sort of the less crazy version of Lyndon LaRouche.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So a Good politician, rightful of the position, will lie, cheat, and claw his way to the top and do to us, what every politician in recent memory has? Sink the U.S.

I'm not supporting Ron Paul, not yet, not until I have a fair and clear idea of the contenders. But I will say this, Ron Paul always has an agenda when he speaks, but his agenda revolves more around honesty than deceit, or at the very least...what the best really is for the American people and economy. We have dedicated billions upon billions of tax payer dollars towards supporting other countries other than our own. It's one thing if it truly benefited the American tax payer, but it hasn't. With the economic hardships we have been facing for the last decade, being selfish won't be a bad thing. Just my .02
edit on 5/31/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Name a "good" politician.

Bernie Sanders....don't ask me for more.

And by "good"...I mean one who always fights for the middle class and poor. I can't think of anyone who is better. Wish he was Senator of my state.
edit on 31-5-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ron Paul isn't electable.

Why? He's fundamentally against Social Security and Medicare. 2 Major strikes against him.

Add the fact that he wants to legalize all drugs, including crack and heroin...and throw in prostitution for good measure. All things that majority of people will not support.

I'm sorry...it's not going to happen.

I agree with much of his foreign policy and getting out of trade agreements such as NAFTA...but it stops there.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I agree. I think some are taking the OP as a slam on Paul, but it's actually the opposite, if I'm reading it correctly.

Basically Paul doesn't follow "the rules" of being a mainstream (or professional) politician. He doesn't use cliched phrases, thinks for himself and seems to be legitimately honest, doesn't seem to follow polls, doesn't "look" like a politician, etc.

It's pretty refreshing to see if it's all legitimate, I just won't be voting for him because of some of his economic policies.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join