It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street lamps go out when I pass by. Anyone?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

I dont know if you have posted similar posts on here before, but I know for a fact that if this is true, you're definitely not the only one.

I have dealt with this my entire life, and have also posted regarding this in the past.

My mother and I both have this weird thing about us that makes electronics go haywire. She calls it our "negative energy" but I dont know. If we both have it, and none of her other kids have it, perhaps this is a genetic thing that does not affect everyone, but is more inherent in some.

Its extremely frustrating because this day in age, technology is such an integral part of our daily lives.

Ive always noticed the street light thing, but other odd occurrences that I have attributed this thing to are:

I bought a very nice laptop, two days later the sound went out. I took it back to the store, and they couldnt figure out what the issue was, they gave me a brand new laptop of better quality by a different manufacturer and the next day the screen went out.

It seems like computer moniters and laptop screens suffer the most from this condition. My mother went through 6 brand new computer monitors in one year, and I have almost caught up with her. Thankfully, my job keeps providing these, and has no clue of my history with this occurrence, so they keep thinking we're getting faulty products. Ive learned to position my monitor far enough away that I dont have as many problems.

Within the first week of my new job, our two copy machines both went haywire, and had to be serviced, only to need servicing again two days later. Our blueprint plotter stopped working, and the tech that came out could not find anything wrong with it, my company had to buy a new $3700 plotter only to have it start having problems a week later. Ive since adapted my method of plotting blueprints, and make sure Im not the one pulling them off the tray once they're done.

My coworker was having an issue with one of their spreadsheets on excel and asked me to help them. I sat down and showed them how to resolve the situation, and the next day the computer would not turn on.

People laugh at me when I tell them about this, but my mother, my girlfriend and my friends can definitely attest to the things I have described here, and this is only the tip of the ice berg. Its extremely frustrating, and I AM AT A LOSS AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I feel bit easier now as i am reading this thread. Well let me start, and all are welcome to comment.
I am from Serbia, 36 years old, above average >154 IQ (Mensa member), university educated - IT Computer Science, since the early age i noticed my interest in electricity, and some odd things that happened with devices, it was others that actually noticed it first. After age of 14, when someone had problem with VCR, tape-deck, computer...i was servicing guy in many many occasions
but in 99% after just opening, or touching, or just standing near "broken" device, it was all ok, and things started working normally

To cut story short, phenomenon or just psych game our mind is playing with street lights, I am expiriencing at least 10 yrs now since i noticed it first, i didnt tell anyone except my wife few weeks ago, and we were discussing it since. Its not the street lights in my home town, but in few countrys i was travelling also, different technology, with or without sensors, since some streets have one unique location with day/night sensors, due to my education and sane mind, i am able to question this, and i am still not abble to explain it.
But given the number of people that also are expiriencing it, something interesting is going on.
My interest in such things, discussed on this forum goes really long time back in my past, since i was 5-6 years old, astronomy, electricity, ocult, UFOs, i was reading and watching/learning stuff since, from time without internet with just few news papers at reach till now.
One thing that bothers me lately and is a bit off-topic is the date i was aware since about 10yrs of my age, and it was october 2011 (24-27) , and it was not just me but 3-4 of my friends that shared same interests. I remember it clear as a day, its about 25yrs since then, we were talking about this date then and it was embossed in my head. It wasnt any terminal event that will happen, but something interesting that would take place, although with some danger to civilization, since we made plans for shelters etc. as childrens game, really strange as i am looking at it now.

thanks guys, and be smart!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
At this point, I am not prone to make individual responses anymore, I have grown tired of people making posts such as PROVE IT OR IT DOESN'T EXIST!!! WHY HAVEN'T YOU VIDEOTAPED IT HUH???@@! NICE STORY.....

I am not quite sure who these people think they are? I have absolutely no burden of proof to you. I stated what happens to me, and asked for "anyone else" that perhaps had similiar experiences.

I have never videotaped it because I have never considered it a big deal. I made my post here, on a whim, and was initially rather startled to learn this was considered a "phenomenon". I have no reason to make up stories about lights turning off.

To those who do not believe me, initially I responded to dissenters, but at this point, really could care less as I have stated over and over again my position on this matter.

To those who want me to carry a video camera with me, again, I have absolutely no interest in proving anything to anybody other than myself and I never said that I did.

If someone is so feeble minded that hearing this story will drive them mad because they're impressionable to the point that they will be plagued by every street light they pass, then I'd say they likely have other issues going on.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
If you really wanted to, and had the time, there are some scientific ways to go about testing whether it is chance or a direct effect you have on the lights. First I would recommend monitoring as many streetlights as possible at a certain time of the day. Say 10 streetlights between 7-8 pm, and note if any of them exhibit any odd behavior, such as turning off and on, blinking, etc...

After a week or so, when you feel like you have enough control data, go out at the same time you monitored the lights, walk under them and see if they dim or turn off/on. I would do this everyday for about a week, the same you compiled your control data for.

You could even try the experiment while noting your mood. Happy, sad, angry, etc, may have an effect on the results, and would provide a bit more insight if the phenomenon were in fact psychic.

You could use some type of variation of this experiment, but I provided the general idea. I think that if you did this experiment it would be pretty cool to see the results. You could do it small scale, but will get better results on a larger scale. And the best part of this would be that no one can argue with the results if the experiment is done properly, by accounting for pure chance. I will help you devise a thorough experiment if you need it, just let me know. I really do urge you to try it though, because to my knowledge it hasn't been done before.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

I experience the street light issue very often.

My father can't go near computers or they crash / freeze.
Used to it all now.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
This phenomena has been happening to me since I was a teenager, which was quite some time ago

Ive always found it strange. No it is not coincidence and I cant believe it is. Sometimes it is actually quite comforting.

You are not alone, there are some of us that just have different "wiring"

Blessings

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

ill try and film it tnight or early in the morning thanks

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Street lights flicker on and off constantly, I never noticed that they go out or turn on when I walk by, nor have I payed much attention..

Who knows maybe your special, likely not but maybe, there are people that metal sticks to them like a magnet so who knows.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
If you really wanted to, and had the time, there are some scientific ways to go about testing whether it is chance or a direct effect you have on the lights. First I would recommend monitoring as many streetlights as possible at a certain time of the day. Say 10 streetlights between 7-8 pm, and note if any of them exhibit any odd behavior, such as turning off and on, blinking, etc...

After a week or so, when you feel like you have enough control data, go out at the same time you monitored the lights, walk under them and see if they dim or turn off/on. I would do this everyday for about a week, the same you compiled your control data for.

You could even try the experiment while noting your mood. Happy, sad, angry, etc, may have an effect on the results, and would provide a bit more insight if the phenomenon were in fact psychic.

You could use some type of variation of this experiment, but I provided the general idea. I think that if you did this experiment it would be pretty cool to see the results. You could do it small scale, but will get better results on a larger scale. And the best part of this would be that no one can argue with the results if the experiment is done properly, by accounting for pure chance. I will help you devise a thorough experiment if you need it, just let me know. I really do urge you to try it though, because to my knowledge it hasn't been done before.

The problem with this scientific method is that if it is due to the subjects aura, (for example) it wont work since the aura and energies "tagged along" with it at any given time change constantly....I know because I have tried this experiment before....Also between the hours of 7-8p is when the lights may behave differently so I wouldnt recommend that time. I usually went for 2-3 am....that seemed to work best.

Lights dont go out on me every time, but enough times that it is quite obvious. The only other thing I can think of to test it would be to have a kirlian camera and have somebody take pictures of my aura as it happened, then gather all photos and compare energy readings.....I do not however have the money $$$ for the camera, time or energy to really care about finding out why anymore.....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This also happens to me, and has been happening most of my adult life, but only about once a night, and it's purely random. Recently an entire bank of lights went out on the highway just as I was entering from the onramp.

I'm still not convinced that it's anything more than coincidence, but I've asked other people if it happens to them and they looked at me like they thought I was nuts, so that (along with the rude comments by some people here) tells me that it may be less coincidental than I thought.

I have no control over it, as I have tried to predict when lights will go out many times and have only been right once. I work nights and travel 15 miles to work so there is plenty of opportunity for it to happen.

For what it's worth, to the people who get pissed off at this discussion for some weird reason, the lights don't "blow out" or "flicker",they just turn off completely then turn back on some time later. They are too high to be affected by headlights, so that doesn't explain it either. Someone could try an experiment and run a camcorder while driving or walking at night, but you'd just cry CGI or coincidence, so why should anyone bother? Such unexplainable vitriol and bitterness can't be satisfied by any means.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

My first question, is have you ever experienced time lapses? Or, do you think that you may have been abducted by ETs? This is a truly serious question. No jokes, puns or BS intended. I was abducted by malevolent grays when I was 12 years old. Beings of light rescued me from them before they could implant me or perform any of their vile procedures. Yes, I believe they were angels that delivered me from their ship, a bright red glowing orb. I was told that they would NEVER again be able to take me. And this has proven to be true.

I personally do not experience this phenomena of lights going out, but after reading about otherworldly implants removed by Dr. Roger Leir, I feel this MIGHT be a possibility here.. There are videos of Dr. Leir performing these surgical removals on YouTube.

My other supposition, may be the possibility of your being an hybrid of some sort... No, I'm not kidding, being rude or snide in any manner. I'm assuming that you and your mother have always felt DIFFERENT. Street lights don't just flare out on their own. There MUST be some sort of force either emanating FROM you or AROUND you to cause this anomaly.

I would have yourself thoroughly checked out for possible implants, AND, have extensive tests to check your physiology and genetic makeup. You might just be more of a miracle than you thought.

Be Blessed!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
It's all in your head, Street Lamps flicker on and off ALL the time..

You can stand out in the street at night and if there is 15 lamps down your road
one of them is bound to be flickering at any given time..
I agree. It's happened to me quite a few times but I've never been naiive enough to think it's my aura or whatever causing it. It's simply a random event that happens occasionally, that's all.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
To the people who say this happens to them on a nightly basis - in my opinion it's either the same faulty lights you're walking past, or you're exaggerating how often it happens. There is of course an easy way to prove it - just film the lights on your camera phone when you're out for an evening stroll.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about, it's just plain old coincidence. Look for these types of things enough and you'll see them.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I am an Electrical Engineer and I have noticed the same thing when I walk under a certain street lamp going into the plant I work at. I would say it goes out 25 to 50 percent of the time.

Street lights work off of a photocell mounted on top the the light assembly. When it senses light it opens the circuit and the light turns off. It closes the circuit when there is no light to activate it. I have worked on many of these lights when I was an electrician. I have never seen any activated any other way.

I have to say I am completely stumped and no its not people's imagination, it really happens. The only possible explanation I can come with is it could be a person walking by could somehow be causing a reflection to hit the photocell with enough light to temporarily open the circuit. Most street light are pretty high so this is doesn't seem likely but it is all I can come up with right now.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Chadwickus
This has happened to me 4-5 times in my life.

Enough times for me to notice but not enough to attribute me as the cause.

I mean if you think about how many street lights we walk/drive/ride under compared to how many times a light goes out, it makes it the exception and not the rule..at least for myself anyway.

For me, I'd estimate it is one out of ever 5 that I pass. It is a daily occurrence.

Can you take a walk down your street and film this for us and post a clip? Would be interesting to see this happen.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Sorry, just read through the rest of the thread and seen some clips have been posted

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
There is one particular light on one of the roads I frequent that seems to have about a 50/50 chance of going out when I get within a certain distance of it (about 1/8 mile?) in my car. I usually just laugh about it, or if I have a passenger I'll point at it right before and try to freak them out. It's weird because it either goes out at that almost exact distance from it, or it doesn't go out at all while I'm able to see it. Other than that one light, I haven't noticed this happening to me enough to cause suspicion.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Before my company moved, quite often (perhaps once every week to two weeks), when I walked in the front door (3 story building), the elevator on the first floor would just open. No one there, no one upstairs.. it was just opening for me, as I walked in the door. I thought this was very polite of it.

But I think people notice these things because they really stand out... but they are normal activity.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
We all possess our own unique emf fields around us called Auras.

We all resonate at different frequencies the same as how our fingerprints all differ from one another.

I have mentioned this time and time again if you want some degree of proof.

Get an oscilloscope, set it to 5Volts and touch the probe to your fingertip. You can visibly see and measure for that matter your unique frequency.

The fact that you can effect street lights has more to do with your frequency and that of the light sensor circuitry used to turn the lights on and off.

Light and our auras are all energy. Light is visible, auras are not....but animals can see our auras.

We lost the ability to do this when we became materialistic and less spiritual...

I am just laying this out there because there is a scientific explanation for this.

Please Don't kill the messenger. For I am a very old soul and I am only trying to enlighten others and trying to make a difference.

Namaste

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join