It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street lamps go out when I pass by. Anyone?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The basic reason people cannot grasp this issue is a religous reason not a reality based reason.

You see my friends there is no other entity in existance that could brainwash and manipulate the human mind into ignoring the physical reality the human is existing within.

It is so simple it hurts.

Listen ,there is you ,me,and the stars in the sky,OK?Thats all,there is no imaginary guy up in the sky,or rather there may be a guy up in the sky named god ,but he will be human and in a craft.

You see I call religon the third option.

There is our human shared reality,there is the physical world we all share AND THERE ARE LIES CONTAINED IN THE THIRD OPTION.

The third option is the SWING VOTE.Whenever you dont like the answer you get from the real things or reality based resources like humans and the physical world you excercise the THIRD OPTION,once you do this then its a sure bet things will become so confusing and unreal or contrived that you will win your point.God really does save----your arse with lies that is!!!

The third option is an illusion,it isnt real,it is based entirely on lies and manipulation of human emotions,sometimes millions at a time.

Here is the really cool part,this is where we all begin to understand why the masses,even the moderately educated ones are unable or unwilling to accept the words of the people who experience this event,EVEN THOUGH THE EVENT IS A REAL PHYSICAL COMPONENT OF THE REALITY THEY ARE EXPERIENCING.

Here goes,What happened to the first human we cloned?

Lets not mess around here saying crap like "we havent cloned a human yet"[not counting Adam---the bible is a bastardised history book]because it is obvious that we have tried.

Did it animate as Dolly the sheep did?Did it animate and become sentient lke us?Or did it animate as a soulless animal that is not selfaware.?

Do you see now?If it became alive and sentient ,where does god fit in,at all?

Religon was nearly made extinct by science more than once in our past,and every time it was in its death throes religon created its old friend CONFLICT or WAR,

edit on 30-5-2011 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The issue that I have with this topic is that the mind can play tricks on us.

Years ago on ATS after 911 there was a topic that the OP kept seeing 9:11 on their clock,more people agreed to also seeing it,then more people started seeing that weren`t seeing it and became quite a large topic.Simply because 911 was so much on peoples minds.

After reading it,then even I started seeing it,the mungrels
though the difference is I knew why and was easily able to keep it in check.

Its like when people sit around the camp fire telling spooky stories and at the end of the story there`s a sudden noise in the bushs or a hoot from an owl etc some people can take that too far in reaction and take it to an unhealthy level,when they wouldn`t have if it weren`t for the spooky story,it would have been just a random noise.

So careful people, this stuff can cause undue damage and it can spread like a virus to those easily open to suggestion who swallow it.

Some things are just an owl or 9:11 on a clock and some things are a faulty light.

Not that you guys believe any of us trying to explain this to you for your own benefit,but you have no special abilities with lights.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Dude did you even post that in the right thread?

This is about street lights going out when you pass by.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

i'd give up, logic doesn't seem to work in this thread.
I'd like to see some scientific proof here. I've looked and all i can find are a bunch of people who say sometimes a street light goes out and i think i did it with my mind.
Yes the body does have a biomagnetic field but its hardly enough to cause an electrical interference. Can i ask why it only happens with street lamps? how come no lights at home do the same? or why doesn't any other device like your phone behave the same way?

edit on 30-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Years ago on ATS after 911 there was a topic that the OP kept seeing 9:11 on their clock,more people agreed to also seeing it,then more people started seeing that weren`t seeing it and became quite a large topic.Simply because 911 was so much on peoples minds.

Its like when people sit around the camp fire telling spooky stories and at the end of the story there`s a sudden noise in the bushs or a hoot from an owl etc some people can take that too far in reaction and take it to an unhealthy level,when they wouldn`t have if it weren`t for the spooky story,it would have been just a random noise.

So careful people, this stuff can cause undue damage and it can spread like a virus to those easily open to suggestion who swallow it.

Some things are just an owl or 9:11 on a clock and some things are a faulty light.

Not that you guys believe any of us trying to explain this to you for your own benefit,but you have no special abilities with lights.

If it werent for the fact the the only reason I know that other people experience this is because I checked around AFTER it had been happening for years, I might believe this.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
reply to post by gps777

I'd like to see some scientific proof here. I've looked and all i can find are a bunch of people who say sometimes a street light goes out and i think i did it with my mind.
Yes the body does have a biomagnetic field but its hardly enough to cause an electrical interference. Can i ask why it only happens with street lamps? how come no lights at home do the same? or why doesn't any other device like your phone behave the same way?

After this post I am done with this thread, as it just isnt a big enough deal to worry about whether or not others believe it.

Most the people here, again (seems this is hard for you to grasp) arent claiming they did it with their mind. Most are claiming they dont know the reason. Just that it happens.

Your insistence on this issue has taken what could have been an interesting study and turned it into just another troll filled, pointless thread. Well done.

Also, radios, phones, and speakers often either have unknown interference when I'm around, either static, or a heightened signal. Not that you'll believe that either.
edit on 30-5-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Also, I have said I would gladly walk the streets with anyone who wants to come walk with me. i am not hiding from anyone. I dont appreciate being called I liar.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

I can only speak to my situation, so I shall. I did not post this to suggest it to anyone. Also by association, you are assuming that I am someone with proclivities that I simply DO NOT have. I am not suggestable. I am not someone who would see 9:11 on the clock after the tragedy on September 11th. I would recognise that. I am not someone who buys a black SUV and suddenly think I see black SUV's everywhere!! ZOMG! That is what I take issue with.

I generally think of things in a scientific way, this however is not one I can explain, therefore I asked. Nothing more, nothing less. As I said before, I originally wanted to post this in science.

I am FAR from the person at the campsite who hears tales around the campfire and suddenly I think I am hearing escaped convicts with one arm hiding in the bushes if I hear a twig snap or an owl hoot. On the contrary, I am the one who enjoys studying nature, science, history etc. I find knowledge empowering.

I am loathe to the ignorance of people who see a dead sturgeon in the Hudson and jump to the conclusion that it is a sea monster. When a decomposing raccoon washes up on Montauk, I make it my business to look hard at the animal in the news article while others are screaming OMG it's a creature from Plum Island!! OMG it's CHUPACABRA!!

If someone spots a UFO glowing under the water, I would first look at natural phosphorescent plants and animals that lurk in the seas.

I like to hear the stories of Ogopogo, Champ, Nessie, etc, and I would sincerely like to think that maybe a there is indeed a plesiosaur or some such creature out there in the depths. I am NOT the person who hears these stories and sees a log bobbing up and down in the loch or lake or ocean and think OMG that was a sea monster or the FIJI MERMAID!! But remember, when the platypus was first found, EVERYONE thought it was a hoax along the lines of the figi mermaid, an animal made up with parts of other animals. So rather than judge, I do my homework.

I could go on and on. Anyway, MY point is that I am not someone who jumps to conclusions, or is highly impressionable and resent those who would imply that I am anything other than a thoughtful individual who weighs reasoning and science, etc and not storybooks or cartoons.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I want to add some info relevant to this metaphysics thread. (Seriously some of the troll thread sabotage going on on a dedicated metaphysics discussion should be warned by the Mods IMO
I forgot to add on my post Page 6.
that when you are training for this discipline and want to target a light you need to do what is called anchoring.

What this involves.
There is a principle in nature called entrainment. It is by this multidimensional principle that one can begin to connect anchor intention to an object. Read a paper on it here.

Empathy is the method of entrainment we use to connect to another human. This can be modified and by the quality of your attention and intention you will begin to form a connection to an object or a particular energy type.

Choose an area you are connected to. These areas are often easier to entrain and synchronize intention to. Immediate results do not always happen. Personally I have observed a build up in areas I train in and devices I work with.

As stated in the linky at the top there is a process you can grow your ability by Starting with flame flaring/pulsing work up to radio then lights. Understanding The qualities of Yin and Yang in different energy types gives you a reference frame to work from. These properties of energy can be applied as a sort of language to describe to yourself the quality of biofeedback you receive.

The body is a bio-electrical point in space. Your biofield can affect electromagnetic fields around you. Using resonance this can effect electronics flames and radio waves.

This same biofield is picked up by other living and none living matter.

The greater your entrainment the better the communication.
In the video above I show how a plant I feel connected to can pick up on my pain and register a measurable effect.

I share this information because you are here to learn more about this phenomenon.

(i'm not talking about the thread hijacking trolls)
Back to the anchoring referred to at the start of this post. When you begin to build stress or other emotions the anchor will act as a focal point for your geist. Your subconscious has already recorded your intention. When it releases you will have your answers.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

reply to post by gps777

After this post I am done with this thread, as it just isnt a big enough deal to worry about whether or not others believe it.

Most the people here, again (seems this is hard for you to grasp) arent claiming they did it with their mind. Most are claiming they dont know the reason. Just that it happens.

Your insistence on this issue has taken what could have been an interesting study and turned it into just another troll filled, pointless thread. Well done.

Also, radios, phones, and speakers often either have unknown interference when I'm around, either static, or a heightened signal. Not that you'll believe that either.
edit on 30-5-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

I agree.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

If it werent for the fact the the only reason I know that other people experience this is because I checked around AFTER it had been happening for years, I might believe this.

The issue that I call BS with you is the frequency you have said that it happens.

I even took into account that the area where you live may not have the best wiring or using dodgy globes compared to where I live,to say that approx (you know same as estimate that you keep missing) 1 in 5 street lamps will go out on a daily basis is false and you know it.

Others that only see it happen occasionally are only seeing coincedence.

Like the 911 analogy I gave in the previous post at least that will go away,how are street lights going to disappear for people to stop the madness.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This happens to me all the time. I like to go for late night walks. There has to be more to it than coincidence when I can walk down a street and one by one sometimes almost half the lights flick out as I pass underneath them. None of the other lights are doing it. They go on shortly after I'm away, but I've tested it by turning around and going back, and then it happens again just as I walk underneath them again! It seems to happen in whatever part of town I'm in, and sometimes I notice it while driving. Sorry, I am not making this up. All I can think of is that maybe it happens because of my iPhone, however I did start to notice it about 15 years ago after an intense UFO experience. I know this sounds completley fake/nuts, but it's true. I just accept it and kind of laugh it off because it happens so often.

PS> I have noticed that it happens alot more frequently if I'm upset about something.
edit on 30-5-2011 by warza because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Dude ,sorry if I was seemingly off topic,but it seems to me as someone who experiences this A LOT ,that it OBVIOUSLY happens.

So naturally I am trying to show others why they cant accept this issue.

The reason they cannot or willnot accept this into thheir view of the reality they are living is MUCH MORE COMPLICATED than the lack of a video,we all just watched some ,there are a lot.

Same as ufo videos ,lets get real here.

If we have people like myself and videos,maybe you need to dig a little deeper than you seem to want to to help everyone understand this issue,as I said SEEMINGLY OFF TOPIC.

We need to look at the causality of this inability to accept a new and changing reality that seems to be handcuffing a lot of people in our world today.

You see if you can discover why people are dialed out like a lot are,then you can begin to dial them back in.

It is not a perspective most expect but it is called reverse extrapolation.

I am reverse engineering if you will the path that many people have been INTENTIONALLY LED DOWN.

It is not difficult to show people what has been done to them if you approach the topic with diplomacy.

You can yell out to the cyberworld for your entire life that this happens,but so what?If people cant understand what you are saying you need to discover why.

I just showed you why.

They have been brainwashed to believe there is a THIRD OPTION.

There is not a third option,it is an illusion.

The only components we can use to exchange information truthfully are ourselves or humans and our physical environment.

There are no |"powers"--there cant be,that is an illusion.

The cause can only be human or physicaly connected to our environment.

There is no third option.

Therefore,if people claim this happens---it does,if we see videos of it---it happens.

If there is a wire running from you to the light we have physical connections to our environment and that is how we affect the lights.

If there is no wire from you to the light ,but the light is still affected ,THEN THERE MUST BE A PHYSICAL CONNECTION TO OUR ENVIRONMENT WE ARE OVERLOOKING.Or this information has been suppressed.

There is no third option,PEOPLE PHYSICALL AFFECT THEIR ENVIRONMENT AND A RESULT IS THE LIGHT INTERFERENCE.

The reason people cant or wont accept the testimony of other people and the videos,IS BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE IN A THIRD OPTION.

Do you get it now----there can be no other reason,only self imposed ignorance,and because this isnt natural something is making people sick---and as we see IT IS A BELIEF IN A THIRD OPTION.

If it cant be divine in nature then the cause MUST BE EITHER US OR MECHANICAL IN NATURE.

So whether or not this happens is a mute point,it has been proven.

The question is why so many people seem to not be able to accept this proof ad infinitum.

This is the only proof possible.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheArchaeologist

I liked your post,though if by me saying to those such as yourself (not the others) that I believe its coincedence is an offense than what can I do? problem is since I came to the thread you have been missinterpreting my words to others to be directed at you.

Educated people can still have wrong beliefs.

Have you spoken to a doctor about it? if yes what tests did they do?

Why do you think that its not all of the street lights and only some?

How can a person affect a street light from such a distance and not every one they pass, just a random one now and then?

Why is it only random street lights that you affect and nothing else?

Why are street lights different than those in your house? or in your car? or anywhere else you may go that have globes.

When any of the above globes eventually gives out, does it ever cross your mind that you caused it? and if not why?

The closest weird thing that I`ve witnessed in my life as far as the human body vs electical devices is when I was young (about thirty years ago), a mate of mine asked me to turn the channel on the TV for him because he couldn`t(before remotes and was the first touch button sensor type,like touch screen I guess?) my response was do it yourself, why cant you?,then he showed me,it didn`t matter how hard he hit it with his finger it wouldn`t work.Where anyone else could with the slightest lightest touch.Weird.I had to see it with my own eyes to believe it.

But at least that was 100% of the time and not occasional random street lights.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

reply to post by gps777

I'd like to see some scientific proof here.

Yeah your probably right Bixxi3 and I`d also love to see some scientific evidence that a human body could at all affect a street light.Let alone turn one off.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The evidence is out there. It is not ATS members responsibility to spoon feed trolls their education.
Just saying something does not exist over and over again does not make it so.
I believe I have offered several experiments which people can duplicate at home.
Those with the inclination to test their potential with a non biased approach will most definitely get answers to some of the questions this thread raises.

I am interested in hearing more about other peoples experiences with this phenomenon.
Of point of interest:
What was your mindstate at the time> As descriptive as possible will help to narrow down cues that trigger possible interaction.

The unstated incorrect assumption of orthodox science that consciousness cannot affect experimental results was proven wrong over a series of repeated experiments

The minds so enslaved to a materialistic view of existence may have opportunity in the future to expand beyond this reality, this limited reference frame. The dogma of the last 50 years is being challenged and as the internet generation shares their experiences it is becoming harder and harder to suppress this information.

Light pulsing happens normally but it can also be triggered by intention. I have posted several pieces of information previously to support my reasoning. It is not for me to convince the orthodox bigots that troll threads like these but I do so like to see the light go on in someones eyes when they have the oh yeah moment!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I find it absolutely amazing that so many people came forward with the same thing happening to them. It's either a very odd coincidence or something is happening here. I have friends who have electronics or cars break on them when they are extremely angry. They say it could be from the extra stress they are exerting on the vehicle or the device but they say it's nothing out of the ordinary. I haven't experienced anything like this but I believe amazing things can happen when we channel our energy.

Just a thought for the OP and the others. Are you consciously thinking the light will go out when you go under it? Maybe you are channeling your energy towards it?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

This has been happening to me since i started driving over 10 years ago. I remember looking up the phenomenon on the internet around 1999 and found it was called "sliding". Normally my attention is on driving and the the light blinks out. Would be nice if i could do it on command. As it is, the light that goes out normally gets a middle finger from me. :-)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

So this happens to you all the time but somehow you've never thought to video it. Good story but don't believe it for a second. Video or it dident happen......

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
This has happened to me 4-5 times in my life.

Enough times for me to notice but not enough to attribute me as the cause.

I mean if you think about how many street lights we walk/drive/ride under compared to how many times a light goes out, it makes it the exception and not the rule..at least for myself anyway.

But its not every time, 3 years ago i usualy walk to the work every day, and every nigth when i was coming back, during the 3 years, the same 2 lamps if on went off, and if off went on. I have made some movies about this,showing the lamps. But i had changed mobile, and dont know where they are. But you can record it ao show it here.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join