It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Time Seismic Data in the US - Alaska DOWN, Idaho DOWN. Why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Idaho, for the most part, is flooded right now, with emergency status set by the Governor.
Maybe that's why...dunno?
With the state having a fault line and a past big earthquake, quite odd why the data is down.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

It could possibly be a glitch in whatever software those particular stations are using; maybe they haven't updated to whatever the other stations have yet and it's causing problems. There is also the possibility that they have been hit with a nasty virus that somehow they were able to stop before it infected ALL stations. There is always the chance of a conspiracy afoot, but I would investigate the simplest answers before I got too excited.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
You could always call someone there and ask you know.
Not all your information needs to be from the web.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Puterman, I haven't read through the thread yet....but I immediately realized these signatures may have matched up to a couple of odd quakes we had here today. I actually felt one of them, as I was down south today in Tacoma at a resteraunt. I noticed the vibration, thinking it felt like a very large truck went by....about the same time of the 0 depth quake less than 20 miles away.

Anyways....when I went and compared the times (UTC) to those signatures, two of them match up exactly:

MAP 2.8 2011/05/27 22:02:51 47.428 -122.891 51.6 8 km ( 5 mi) NNW of Allyn-Grapeview, WA

MAP 2.4 2011/05/27 21:05:06 46.981-122.208 0.0 8 km ( 5 mi) SE of Graham, WA

source

HERE is the nearest station for the one at 2205

This one shows both.

I am trying to find a better one for the 2105...but most of the stations near it appear to be 'down'.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

why wouldn't they want the people to know what's going on?

In this case seeing as there is a chain of volcanoes which these monitor they might not want us to see volcanic seismic activity, or that is the way it seems to me. Volcanic quake being smaller as I said this is something they can easily hide.

And then on the AK network you get seismograms like this at Baker Lake. No idea where that is. BRLK.AK..BHZ.2011.147

This is interference or possible heaters if this is in a cold place. Pretty isn't it!!

There's a baker lake here in Washington (about a half hour from my house) A VERY beautiful area. It is nestled at the base of a large active volcano...Mt. Baker.
In fact, here is a link to a current seismo, it is showing one of those quakes I mentioned quite nicely....better than the one nearest to it, which strikes me as quite odd. Baker is probably over 100 miles away from that small quake. Why is it showing so well?

baker seismo

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Morning PuterMan!

Just to add something else into the mix. RSOE EDIS....I have been watching this site since late last year. Something I noticed was that on the Indonesian/Japan 'archaepelego' the first thing that would appear would be a red and yellow line along the fault lines, and then as the map loaded it would disappear. Didn't think much of it until a few days ago when I noticed it doesn't disappear. We all know what happened in Japan when the line would disappear, and we know what is heading for Japan now the line is NOT disappearing. The nice thing is EDIS does tend to let the 'cat out of the bag' sometimes...if your quick enough to catch them before they 'disappear'. The web site is by no means complete with it's reporting of EQ's but is reasonable with Volc's.

IMHO you are on the right track with your suspicion about volcanoes.
Glad to see you are thinking out of the box!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It's slightly disconcerting when our usual voice of reason on these matters makes a thread saying "Hmmm, somethings not quite right here!"

Lets hope it's juts a glitch, lack of man power or something as equally mundane. Rather than the data being delayed/not being shown on purpose because there's something brewing.

Cheers for bringing this to our attention PuterMan

edit on 28-5-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Could be, yes. It would depend where the seismos are.

Hell's half acre though is high ground is it not?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I have, and I have a response.

The buck has been passed to IRIS.

Now it is quite possible that the problem does lie there but why out of all the 2094 stations that IRIS handles is it 107 in Alaska that are suffering latency? I still think that is strange. I am awaiting information from an AVO seismologist.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Thanks for that westcoast.

I would assume that the Baker is Mount Baker so as you say strange that it should show so well.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I have checked and no it is not Mt Baker. The seismo at MB is MBW.UW..EHZ.2011.148 as opposed to BRLK.

And on further checking I am a mypoic old fool. It was not Baker Lake it was Bradley Lake. My bad!!

It is still a pretty pattern! BRLK.AK..BHZ.2011.139

edit on 29/5/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JackieO

No, not a stupid question. I think I have been on ATS too long and the 'conspiracy theorist syndrome' is creeping in, couple with the 'internet poster check nothing condition'

Those are indeed the same seismograms, so the only problem now is that they are not being transmitted to IRIS for diaplay on the BUD site and are not available as waveforms in Vase and GEE and other programs. Whilst that in itself is a potential problem, it is perhaps not as 'significant' as it may have been.

I am pursuing the lack of IRIS data anyway.

Consider this:

THREAD CLOSED

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join