It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Released: Jose Guerena SWAT Raid Video From Helmet Cam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimusInvictus

Yes I agree. It was about 40 seconds after that siren was shut off before they started shooting. That's plenty of time to put down a weapon. Everyone by now knows if the cops are coming into your house and you are holding a gun, chances are you're going down. I think maybe he knew they were going to kill him.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I'll have to download it and pick it apart.
Regardless of the dissection:
This is excessive, absurd, and reprehensible.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Yeah.
I think he was a threat.
Not to the neighborhood, but most likely a rival gang.

ETA: Rival gang being TPTB, of course.
edit on 27-5-2011 by AnimusInvictus because: oopsie

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CN1018

This is not the first and won't be the last of returned servicemen eliminated. There a large network of soldiers dealing and wheeling in Afghanistan.....

I found this:

whatreallyhappened.com...

Now from what I understand, 20% of American soldiers are killed in the "line of fire" just as authorities spouted about Pat Tillman and then there was the systematic killing on another soldier involved with the "saving" of Jessica Lynch fiasco who was also systematically popped off....on US soil.

I find this also disturbing; 18 veterans commit suicide daily:

www.ahrp.org...

then this:

ipsnews.net...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimusInvictus

From what I'm reading......a set up perhaps? Highly likely senario.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Guerena's wife Vanessa told KGUN9 News that she and her husband never knew the men breaking into her home were SWAT officers.

On the other hand, it makes the wife's story a complete lie.
They went with lights and sirens, and fully uniformed, and identified themselves.

Not excusing the trigger happy behaviour of the cops, but also Jose Guerena didnt help himself by grabbing a weapon to confront them. Not the cleverest thing to do.

Edit - here is the wife's story...
"At any point did you hear them yell, "police or SWAT?" asked KGUN9's Joel Waldman. "No no!" answered Guerena. "At any point did you hear sirens outside?" asked Waldman. "Oh no!" answered Guerena. "You're saying they only yelled SWAT after the shootout?" Waldman continued. "Oh, yes, yes!" responded Guerena.

kgun8

edit on 27-5-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The guy in the helmet is in trouble if leaking this video is a crime. The guy in the front seat is in clear view of the cam, and identifiable. He knows who was behind him...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
It was 33 seconds from the time the toy siren sounds until the shooting starts.

Trained Marine on the other side of the door with family freaking out.

Its simply not possible to react fast enough.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

It does'nt neccessarily mean the guy behind him leaked the video or even if the person was part of this mission

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HorizonMan

I thought the wife said she and her son were hiding im the closet. And in 33 seconds he would of put that gun down and his hands up.

reply to post by bluemirage5

True..I wonder who did the leaking and why? Maybe we will hear from some SWAT experts and find out what goes on with the helmet cams.
edit on 27-5-2011 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Not really. It's a tough call without being there. If you were napping, not paying attention or otherwise not on the ball and you hear your wife and kids screaming not to shoot then your gut reaction is to grab a firearm and get ready to defend you and yours. IF the damn cops had identified themselves thoroughly before breaching or had even given the suspect the opportunity to surrender and everything went forward as is, then maybe I could agree.

Fact of the matter is that every hick-town (not saying this is the case here) now feels the need to have entry teams equipped better than many of us were kicking in doors over in the sand. High-risk entries are understandable on large and hostile operations where there are multiple armed suspects. High-risk entries are acceptable if your target has already presented a threat. YOU DO NOT breach the front door of a veteran who likely has firearms in the house without properly pursuing other alternatives.

The fact these pigs landed 60 rounds on-target is evidence enough that they are poorly trained and operationally ineffective. Hell, I would have reprimanded the hell out of ANY man in Iraq of Afghanistan for unloading 30 rounds on a guy point-blank. That's a waste of ammo and it IS OVERKILL. These guys got scared and let their primal survival instincts override the training (if there was any) they had received. Look at the idiot point-man with the shield lying on his ass outside of the doorway.

Once that door was knocked off its hinges it should have been NO MORE than 3 seconds before a flashbang and at least 3 men were in the room fully. You breach THROUGH suspects, you don't cower and fall back on yourselves if you see one. Point being, this was a poorly executed entry with questionable ethics.

EDIT OT ADD:

After cranking the volume all the way up I am inclined to take back some of my statements. It appears the police tossed a flashbang in through a side or rear window. You hear the trademark pop followed by the radio "bang, bang, bang." The siren was sounded to alert the suspect that police were on-scene and it sounds like voices from the sides and rear of the residence keep yelling in "Police search warrant." While this does negate some of what I have said here, it does not negate the fact that this was a piss-poor entry. The tactics alone almost guarantee a crappy resolution. If these guys had breached the front door in coordination with the flashbang then maybe they could have subdued the man before he had a chance to arm himself properly. I'm still curious why the gun was on safe. Any marine saying "I got something for you" after two tours in Iraq would have had the weapon hot and ready to deal death. Makes me wonder if he didn't just turn the corner to investigate with the rifle in-hand and got popped because of it.

edit on 27-5-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Gathered this from youtube comments:

At 18 seconds, you hear Bang Bang Bang... What does that mean?

I found this part of a comment interesting as well:

This video looks like a reenactment with very bad actors.

One guy has his rifle slung on his back the entire time. And when shooting occurs he runs up to the left to peek over his buddies shoulder and sticks his head in the door to see whats going on. Are you kidding me?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

check my comment above, it is an officer reporting that a flashbang (a diversionary device that "explodes" and disorients those in proximity) has successfully been set off in the residence.

Definitely not a reenactment. Just piss-poor tactics. Now whether this is indeed the residence in-question, I could not tell you. I can tell you that those are live rounds being fired.
edit on 27-5-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

No. I don't think it's a reenactment or a fake. I did think the guy with his weapon on his back seemed out of place. I did some comparing and am pretty sure it's the right house. Looks like you are the expert i was looking for. Good to know the Bang Bang Bang wasn't a smart ash aware of a massacre about to take place being a comedian...

edit- No looks like that guy was leaning over firing a hand gun.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Got to it before me. The guy with his rifle slung to the rear is definitely operating his sidearm.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well for now, all i can say is I don't know what to believe, and my heart goes out to that man's wife and child who are surly scarred for life. Poor baby.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The wife saw the swat team and their badge, through a window she was shown these and ordered to move away from the window. By her own account, at this time her husband told her to get into the closet with the kid. He had to know what was happening. I hate that a soldier went down, but, you don't answer the door with a rifle in your hands when any police are entering.

I mentioned on the other thread about this, that here in my hometown we had a similar situation. A longtime serviceman, he retired and apparently went about his life quietly, lived alone, seemed pretty harmless, but he went off one day and starting shooting his neighbors. He holed up inside his house and pulled a gun after several hours, he went walking right out the door at police and swat. They shot him dead.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Its just gonna be a matter of time one of these marines makes an IED and takes out an entire SWAT unit. Im sure they learned a few things in Iraq and Afghanistan.

That will never happen.

The American people don't have the courage or the capability to pull something like that off. The situation will just get worse and worse and no one will fight back.

Maybe one day the Chinese will liberate us - but until then, things are just going to get worse...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Vanessa Guerena was in her son's room, she says, when she saw a man outside pointing a gun at her. "I was yelling 'Jose, Jose, somebody's here. Wake up, wake up!' so he can hear because the door was closed."(News 13)

According to an advocate for the Guerena family I spoke with this week, the police also mistakenly raided another home near Guerena's the same morning, and have since replaced that home's front door. Again, the Pima County Sheriff's Department is refusing comment, so I can't verify this allegation with them. But police officials have admitted that even the Guerena warrant was only for his residence, not for Jose Guerena personally; his name doesn't appear anywhere on the warrants.
Last year, two of Vanessa Guerena's relatives were murdered by armed intruders. The intruders also shot the couple's children.(Huffington Post)

There is also talk about a guy dressing as a cop and robbing people, who they are claiming was Guerena as well, even though his name wasn't on the warrant.

So you have:

*Known robber who poses as cop in the area

*Family members murdered by intruders in the past

*Let's not forget his Marine history

*And the guy wakes up to his wife claiming a badged man is armed at the window

Would that surprise a criminal? Probably not.

Would an innocent man assume the worst, and therefore believe that real cops raiding his home is an unlikely scenario?

Just food for thought. Nothing really adds up.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Based on CLEAR evidence, if the man had nothing to hide and was mentally stable he would be alive today. His blood is on his own hands. I know it is popular around here to act ignorant about reality, and to "rise up and condemn the man" without using your brain, but reality doesn't care about your IGNORANCE.

Did the man deserve to die? I guess the only person that can answer that is the IDIOT that confronted a swat team with a gun in his hand. Sure, the team was on edge knowing he was a combat veteran, so there is that. But this man took his life in his hands, and died BY HIS OWN ACTIONS. SO veteran or not, he is an idiot or has mental problems.

Anyone suggesting that this was some sort of organized "hit" needs their heads examined.

I'm betting this guy was either dirty as crap, or mentally imbalanced. Those are the only two options based on the available evidence. I have had to make life or death decisions in under 30 seconds based on very little information, and even my dumb ass is still alive. Plain and simple.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join