It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current disasters..build up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just wanted to make a thread with all the information I could find on events that have happened in the past weeks, if I miss anything please post it.

Earthquakes in California

I know earthquakes are very common in California, but ever since the Japan quake, Cali has had a increase in quakes, and just recently a 5.0 and 5.6 struck

Source = Quakes

Thread 5.0= 5.0
Thread 5.6= 5.6

Mexico Wildfires.

There are so many wildfires spread out it's insane, and it's not just in Mexico either.

Thread = Thread

Ice Storm in Spain(?)

I heard the temp dropped, and than spiked up causing the ice to melt and flood, not sure if that's valid though. Still kinda weird I'd say.

Mississippi River Heading for Louisiana (Flood Alert)

Water flowing from the Mississippi River is reaching record breaking highs in Illinois and according to officials the high water is heading right for us. Governor Jindal declared a state of emergency yesterday.

News Article = Article
Article 2 = Second

Thread = Thread

Tornadoes Pounding Appalachian Mountains

Last time I checked the Appalachian Mountains are not prone to having tornadoes, just check out the thread and look at some of the pictures...:@@

Thread = Thread

Storms kill 77 around South

The death toll from Wednesday's storms seems out of a bygone era, before Doppler radar and pinpoint satellite forecasts were around to warn communities of severe weather. Residents were told the tornadoes were coming up to 24 minutes ahead of time, but they were just too wide, too powerful and too locked onto populated areas to avoid a horrifying body count. "These were the most intense super-cell thunderstorms that I think anybody who was out there forecasting has ever seen," said meteorologist Greg Carbin at the National Weather Service's Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Okla. "If you experienced a direct hit from one of these, you'd have to be in a reinforced room, storm shelter or underground" to survive, Carbin said. The storms seemed to hug the interstate highways as they barreled along like runaway trucks, obliterating neighborhoods or even entire towns from Tuscaloosa to Bristol, Va. One family rode out the disaster in the basement of a funeral home, another by huddling in a tanning bed.

Article = Article

6.9 Quake In Soloman Islands Area

Not alot of info on this one, but check out the thread.

Thread = Thread

I'm sure there's plenty more, but these are the most recent ones I have came across, anyways all this activity cannot be normal can it?? I've never seen so much take place in so few days, hell it's only 5 months into the year and we've already seen life changing events....

edit on 30-4-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Can't forget the 5.6 a few days ago either:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70994a1bb19e.png[/atsimg]

Good Post

edit on 30-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's extremely hot here in Texas already. Loredo (right on the u.s./mex border) has already seen 110 degrees.
We are seeing record breaking temps.
Not sure if this fits in
just throwing it out there.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Didn't know of that one, thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by showintail

Yeah that fits in, Iraq is expected to see 130 this year, be grateful you aren't there..

EDIT - You can't always trust what you hear.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by jude11

Didn't know of that one, thanks.

Yeah, have it here:

As well as the 5.0:

I see the rest of yours are fitting in there as well.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
More signs of something building ......

earthquake.usgs.gov...

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 4/5/2011 by

yes i know i posted this on the other thread but both are about the same situation
edit on 4/5/2011 by
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Check out the seismic activity of El Salvador

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here's something worrying, not something that needs to go off anytime soon....

Yellowstone quakes.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Here in Canada about 30 minutes from Montreal we are experiencing massive floods. 1.5 feet of water in the streets :-o. Anyways, the quantity of events that happened in this short amount of time makes me realize mother earth is at a turning point. I tought I had to bring this up here as I consider this as a disaster.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
More on the Mississippi floods,

It's a site not often seen; the Wolf River and Nonconnah Creek are flowing backwards. The swelling river cannot take on much more water. Gene Rench with the National Weather Service said all eyes are on the Mississippi. The tributaries flowing backwards are a big problem for the adjacent communities. "Right now the Mississippi river is in the process of going through what we call an epic flood, meaning it's more than historic, it's more than a 100 year flood, it's more like a 500 year flood," he said. "We could flood many homes, businesses, close down factories, people could drown."

Source - News article

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It seems like everyday the weather and natural events around the world are getting stranger. It's almost stranger then fiction!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Thanks for posting. I really had heard anything about the Ice Storm in Spain...in SPRING?! That is so strange. Seems like it just flew right under the radar b/c this is the 1st i'm hearing of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Good post, compiling the info of events makes it easier to show that these are happening on a less natural yearly scale. Not to be ignored because it really is worse than it should be and more often.
Also, to add to it, colder climates during this time of year. Pac NW is the coldest it has been on record for a while, just yesterday we had a bit of snowfall.
edit on 30-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Us had crazy snow storms last year right? At the end of the year?

What about "japan sinking" videos/threads?

Just throwing the oddballs out, just incase. I know texas winter was mild for the southern part, but snow northern texas. I cant look up links from the cell right now, its dying...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Thanks, it would actually be better if I could get posters to format their posts to show whats happening and where it's at, with sources. This way the thread can be browsed through easier.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

That's exactly why I wanted to make this thread, it doesn't seem like these threats are getting the attention that they need.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by showintail

If you could reply with those sources, it would help even more.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well since I cannot update my OP, here's a updated map of the Wildfire outbreaks. There are new ones everywhere including Florida (which has 2 close to GA
)

Source = Intellicast
edit on 1-5-2011 by Nobama because: added source..

and the newest map of Florida (which now has a new one on the border)

edit on 1-5-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join