It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over Chicago April 2011!!Multiple Witnesses and multiple videos!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Perhaps this little festival has something to do with it.

That or they're obviously from Reticulous 8 and are here to steal our Lucky Charms.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
Sorry, I have to say lanterns for these objects. They drift through the sky and then slowly fade out. It's the most logical answer in the circumstances.

From the first vid, the zoomed object is too bright, if I may suggest, to a regular lantern and around 2:50 min the guy says how fast this objects are moving, the second guy confirms that....don't think there are lanterns...not yet

edit on 15-4-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The lights were chinese lanterns released by the Baby James Foundation in honor of child abuse victims.

Article from AOL news

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

Probably the most interesting thing about this is the fact those reporters aren't trying to debunk or ridicule the video, as they usually would a few years ago. Good to see at least some people in the media taking this phenomenon seriously. It was about time.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Here are some rules of thought when discerning true UFO's from Chinese Lanterns.

-----------------------------------------------IF YOU SEE------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there are a bunch of lights that all move in the same direction......probably CL's

If the lights are look red/orange and flicker....probably CL's

If the lights don't make sudden course changes, or movements other than slightly bobbing around like a balloon...probably CL's

If three of them appear to form a triangle.....well any three points in relation to one another will always form a triangular shape...so that means nothing.

If they lights of the same color seem to drop off of them, and then go out or if the whole thing seems to catch on fire....its probably a CL that has caught on fire and is breaking apart

-------------------------------------NOW ALTERNATIVELY-----------------------------

If it changes direction at breakneck speed, has a definite structure easily seen that is not the result of an illusion formed by 'connecting the dots' of the lights.....Could be a UFO

If it is visible in broad daylight and metallic yet shaped in a way that seem impossible for a normal airplane......Could be a UFO

If it is three lights in a triangular shape moving slowly in a straight line YET it is close enough for you to see definitively that it is indeed a triangular shaped craft with a definitive structure that can easily be made out with your own eyes.....Could be a UFO

If it is a light that definitively goes behind a cloud and yet is large enough and bright enough to shine through the cloud making the entire cloud illuminate and is moving too slow to be a meteor, or is changing direction.....Could be a UFO

----------------------------------------ALSO-------------------------------------

If it lands, small creatures get out of it, which abduct you and perform strange medical experiments including uncomfortable ones such as using an anal probe......Definitely Swamp Gas!

If it crashes in front of you, and large reptilian creatures emerge brandishing strange ray weapons, then proceed to get into a battle with Military Men wearing odd uniforms with isignias that you have never seen before, and two men wearing all black tell you that there is nothing to see here.....Probably the Planet Venus!

If you wake up to find yourself not in your bed, but rather floating in mid air, moving closer, and closer to a strange pulsating light while a voice in your head tells you to remain calm....Most likely a Weather Balloon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS the last three were fun...but if anyone has anymore real advice...or for that matter more funny ones feel free to reply.
edit on 15-4-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: I can't remember.....I seem to be suffering from an episode of missing time.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
These videos arent from april.....i saw these vids MONTHS ago.
Im sure there have been threads about them on here too

EDIT: Sorry....not the video i first thought it was

Looks like chinese laterns....behave like chinese lanterns....probably chinese lanterns

edit on 14-4-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

So why does the whole world see these "chinese lanterns" no matter where the location and time? I mean, always chinese lanterns, everywhere! WTF!? Its got to be more than just chinese lanterns showing up all over the world this year with thousands of witnesses to them. and every time someone sees a "chinese lantern" it always starts in a triangular formaton, right? then people notice it and it starts moving around, as if it were dancing for a show. So, i dont know, could be chinese lanterns, im just tired of every video, "ITS CHINESE LANTERNS!!!! C'Mon!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's been a little weird that all of a sudden we have all these footages of UFO's and it's all lights and orbs... I think maybe it's a sentinel project from US government. I know for a fact that they hava a lot of projects involving UAV and aircrafts...

Or could it be that these are ships "they' built as flight out of here when the time comes? i don't know call me crazy but ... they might be from DOD or some other type of government secret...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by momonmiko

I´ve been looking for videos in youtube from last month to now, and I am saving all that videos, from many locations in earth, where the same objects appear. It seems to me, that in last months, the number of UFO sightings has increased, and it is interesting to see the very same objects.
I don´t know what they are, if man made or what, but obviously they are wanting to be seen.
They are aiming some objective in appearing in sky, so many people could see then.

But I don´t believe they are from another world or dimension, I believe that objects are man made. Maybe this world wide sightings, are part from some kind of conspiration, aiming a New World Order to be implemented.

What if they would come here and estabilish a new government?

And no. I Dont believe the chinese lantern has something to do with it. We are not so dumb we could not recognise a chinese lantern or something like that in sky..

edit on 15-4-2011 by nitroglico because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Wow just amazing.

I have no idea what that could be.

I think its easy to say that they are UFOs at this point after seeing all of the videos.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Perhaps this little festival has something to do with it.

That or they're obviously from Reticulous 8 and are here to steal our Lucky Charms.

-m0r

I think you hit the nail on the head here. The only thing that I still question was in the first video with the guy that needs to quit smoking. The last light just flew straight up in the air and vanished. Wind or not that was awfully fast and awfully odd for even a chinese lantern.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
The lights were chinese lanterns released by the Baby James Foundation in honor of child abuse victims.

Article from AOL news

This practice of sending balloons up into the sky without any intention of retrieving them should be treated the same as throwing something out your car window. Outlawed! And they should have to pay a hefty fine.
With all due and nesc focus and respect to abuse victims, how does this activity help them?

Gets attention? Look how many people didn't know it was for these victims so it doesnt seem to be working drawing attention either. Attention can be focused on victims in I think better more creative ways, besides littering the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Two events happening at the same time does not mean they coincide.

Besides, if this were a result of the Burning Man art show, would not have someone come forth and claimed it by now?

I mean, that seems to be common trend these past few instances where mass sightings have occurred. Either it's paratroopers, or a teacher throwing a party, or the Chinese Lantern brigade with an unlimited budget and nothing better to do on a Saturday night...etc.

I'm all for discerning reality from fiction, but using the same excuse for every incident just seems like sloppy guess work and not actual method.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
In the third video she says..

"This is creepy. I want to know what it is". That pretty much sums it up. 4 or more videos of the same event over the 3rd largest US city. All with people who sounded authentic. Hmmm..

Just because they are naive and believe they are seeing ufo's does not indicate that they are,does it?Hmmmm

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Thanks for the upload! Multiple angles from around the cty. Deffintetly needs to be investigated. Did these show up on airport Radar? We're they witnessed in any flight paths?

I also want to ask about some of these comments from people that replied......What's with the "Chinese Lantern"
Claims? I this the new debunker response to any unknow light in the sky? Has "Swamp Gas" become old hat now? All of sudden people have started releasing Chinese Laterns' all over the world? Is this some new fad I haven't heard about? Sounds like a dangerous hobby. You can't throw a cigarette out a car window because it might start a fire, but sending a lit PAPER latern into the sky that hopefully burns out is acceptable.
If your gonna dismiss every UFO claim that's loaded on youtube tell me something that's gonna make sense! Show me the research you've done to prove your right. It's only fair....you demand the same research from the people that belive in UFO's for their claims.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I see some people are claiming these to be Chinese lanterns. Can you guys provide proof beyond your own hearsay?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MelvinTheMad
I'm all for discerning reality from fiction, but using the same excuse for every incident just seems like sloppy guess work and not actual method.

I'm pretty sure the BURN festival hasn't been used as an alternative to UFOs before. It will be again though I'm sure.

Reality is that it's always something mundane and explainable. Fantasy is when it's always magical and beyond explanation.

Discerning the two is just a simple case of what's more probable and does it hold up to that scrutiny? Which it inevitably does.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What good is a light on something traveling hundreds of miles per hr..lol....The light are something else and not to see where they are going. By the time they see it with a light hell, they would hit it a second later....The light have to be for another reason....Maybe just to show us that they are there or to let each other know their position in the sky......whoever they are......

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Funny.... I just searched the Chicago permit archives (since such an event had to have taken place in public venue with permits n such) And there was no record of the Baby James Foundation having held any event.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it is my understanding that an event to be held as such, even if in a city park needs to have a permit obtained. This is how they make their money from public venues, city parks etc. Indoor events also require a fire permit and max occupancy to be posted at entrances... just sayin...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
All I know is that I am going to go into the Chinese lantern business. Or maybe I'll purchase some stock in chineselanterncompany.com. These babies clearly sell like hotcakes.

But.. yea, in this case.. probably lanterns. If they just float slowly across the sky, independent of each other, flicker and fade away.. there is a fine chance that's exactly what it is. I do think lanterns are used far too quickly when any light is seen in the sky, but probably is what they are in this case.

And to the silly fellow who thinks it is odd that spacecraft would have lights of any kind: are you kidding? Why not? Being advanced what.. nullifies your need to see things? For all we know, the lights seen on many ufos are the result of energy from a propulsion system. Could be something we can't even fathom at this point. You are incredibly narrow-minded if you use that as an excuse for UFO sightings. Also, planes? lol.. no.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

i believe these are military craft known as the black triangles. they are called tr3b's. go to www.tr3b.com and see for your self.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join