It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living large In an Apocalypse Bunker. Buying rises 1000% - Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Seen a lot of stuff on CNN these days, but bunkers?

Actually, these are more like underground hotels. People buying in to these is up 1000% since Japan Quake.

I guess even people not here on ATS can see what's in the wind.

edit on 24-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Already a post about this.

Second line

Above Top Secret

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod
Already a post about this.

Second line

Above Top Secret

Damn!

Did 3 searches as recommended.

Search 1 CNN Bunker

Search 2 Bunkers

Search 3 Bunker

What else can a guy do?

Sorry mods.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hmmm. Interesting.

I want a concrete underground structure in my back yard too. But not for the Apocalypse. Im much more worried about tornadoes, personally.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

And here --> abovetopsecret.com...

I gave you a star for being a good sport about it..lol

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's OK Jude... I think sometimes there's a hiccup in the ATS Search engine... .there was one in the survival forum as well..... The thread in the Survival Forum

It is rather interesting though that CNN ran this piece.....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by jude11

Hmmm. Interesting.

I want a concrete underground structure in my back yard too. But not for the Apocalypse. Im much more worried about tornadoes, personally.

Actually, my idea is to get a couple of shipping containers as they are plentiful and cheap. Bury them and there it is.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn
reply to post by jude11

It's OK Jude... I think sometimes there's a hiccup in the ATS Search engine... .there was one in the survival forum as well..... The thread in the Survival Forum

It is rather interesting though that CNN ran this piece.....

Actually, my search reached the Survival forum. That's where I was looking for identical threads. Oh well...not like it's the first time to happen and most likely won't be the last.

Thanks for the up!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Its not a bad idea to use the shipping containers. I have seen people bury old school buses too. Im not sure what I am going to do, but having a storm shelter is HIGH on my wish list. I would LIKE to have reinforced concrete with a steel door and a couple feet of dirt and grass on top, but I will just have to see how it goes.

I never realized how many people get killed every year in tornadoes til I moved here. They are no joke.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
reply to post by jude11

And here --> abovetopsecret.com...

I gave you a star for being a good sport about it..lol

Thanks and muchly appreciated. I guess I'll search 4 times next time around.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I dont think many consider water flooded areas or even deeper Earth going plasma for a cosmic short period as it reprocesses.

link   
reply to post by jude11

Not quite as simple as throwing a couple of containers in the ground,if you intend to stay down there for a period of time,but it was cool how they did it though.

link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by jude11

Its not a bad idea to use the shipping containers. I have seen people bury old school buses too. Im not sure what I am going to do, but having a storm shelter is HIGH on my wish list. I would LIKE to have reinforced concrete with a steel door and a couple feet of dirt and grass on top, but I will just have to see how it goes.

I never realized how many people get killed every year in tornadoes til I moved here. They are no joke.

Don't forget the gravel around the sides for proper drainage.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Not quite as simple as throwing a couple of containers in the ground,if you intend to stay down there for a period of time,but it was cool how they did it though.

Oh, there's a lot more to it but the structure is a good starting point, strong, secure and ready to go. But like any other bunker, it's all in the prep of the hole, air and water delivery/storage etc.

My thought was to use one as storage for, well everything and the other for living quarters. Attach 2 and good to go.

Meanwhile, using it as a root cellar while still above ground will suffice as well.

IMHO

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I dont think many consider water flooded areas or even deeper Earth going plasma for a cosmic short period as it reprocesses.

Ok, got me there. And I am in a learning mood today.

'Splain yerself pleeze!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Ok, got me there. And I am in a learning mood today.

'Splain yerself pleeze!

Large gamma ray burst-Plasma EA....
Large CME with ? direct shot towards EA, EA wobbles everything magnetised highly even ocean water moves. May cause rise. Not like great flood as he told this time it will be in fire.. No more Great flood but still floods.

Just putting other possibilities out there so you all can think harder on this survival as opposed to Ascension.

Be well...
edit on 3/24/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

well if all this talk of darkstar comets,solar flares,and mega earthquakes ww3 even a alien invasion lol,all set to happen very soon..you better get a move on..

edit on 24-3-2011 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

well if all this talk of darkstar comets,solar flares,and mega earthquakes ww3 even a alien invasion lol,all set to happen very soon..you better get a move on..

edit on 24-3-2011 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

I'm going to go to bed and cover my head with a pillow. We all know that if you don't see something, it doesn't exist right?

So far, from what I can see, there are few places in the World to run to anyway. Just less dangerous places. My choice is about 200 miles above the US-Can border in the provinces of Man and Sask.

Good growing soil, lots of water, temps are ok etc...But with my luck, a nuke will land in my back yard. Actually, that scenario might be a blessing.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Large gamma ray burst-Plasma EA....
Large CME with ? direct shot towards EA, EA wobbles everything magnetised highly even ocean water moves. May cause rise. Not like great flood as he told this time it will be in fire.. No more Great flood but still floods.

Just putting other possibilities out there so you all can think harder on this survival as opposed to Ascension.

Be well...

This theory kinda highlights my point,i was making in another thread,about the massive rise in mega unsinkable yachts being made for the billionaires around the world..there like mini citys/warships.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is nothing new. Jesse Ventura did a episode on his show, about abandoned silos, being converted into 9 story "hotels" complete with a pool, work out room, and supplies to last like 6-9 years i think?

<<   2 >>

join