It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living large In an Apocalypse Bunker. Buying rises 1000% - Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
This is nothing new. Jesse Ventura did a episode on his show, about abandoned silos, being converted into 9 story "hotels" complete with a pool, work out room, and supplies to last like 6-9 years i think?

I remember that episode. He was interviewing people selling space for gain also. I would rather take the 50 grand and do it myself. My bunker, my rules.

That is of course after I ask permission from my wife to make the rules and the bunker is built to HER specifications.

But then...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
there needs to be a post of instructions of how to build a small one at home on your own land.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc2009
there needs to be a post of instructions of how to build a small one at home on your own land.

the only problem, is that even on your own land, it would require permits for construction. meaning, that all efforts would be documented, and everyone including the FEDS would know you have one....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

the only problem, is that even on your own land, it would require permits for construction. meaning, that all efforts would be documented, and everyone including the FEDS would know you have one....

If you are in a city, I agree. In the Country, I can dig a moat and no one will notice. We do stuff like this all the time.

In a city, people are doing it under their garage. Don't ask for permits! Bring in materials in a van and don't build at night. Don't ask friends for help.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

There are actually several ways to do this,friend; the shipping containers is a good approach, just make sure you are not in a flood plain;

My favorite is to build a geodesic dome, they can be constructed virtually anywhere by anyone; all it requires is the site (land), preferably in the side of a small hill; grade the floor area level and put in your septic system and water storage ( can also have a well drilled inside the floor area) you design and build the shell itself out of rebar and concrete wire mesh then use a gunite machine ( commonly used to spray concrete to build in-ground pools) to spray 4" of concrete both inside and out.

After letting the concrete to cure you put a coating of bentonite ( a powdered clay that, when mixed with water and allowed to dry, forms a non-permeable membrane) on the outside; to aid in drainage, use 4" corrugated perforated pipe bedded in 18"x18" of #57 stone around the perimeter, then backfill the dome.

These domes are strong; approximately 20 times stronger than an 8" re-inforced flat slab; they are tornado proof, storm proof, almost sound proof, and very earthquake resistant. Not to mention, if you use appropriate air filtration, they are NBC shelters as well.

seeker

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join