It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filmed this object moving and changing colour tonight sky with my camera

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I was laid on my bed looking out of the window at 7.15 pm this evening when I notices something unusual in the sky over Cleckheaton in West Yorkshire.

I went to the door and looked out and saw something which appeared to be changing colour. Quickly I went and got my camera (a Nikon Coolpix L110) and filmed the object for about 2 mins.

I have uploaded it to you tube.. here is the link: www.youtube.com...

If you keep pausing the video as it is running, you will see the different colours.
I have taken stills from these and put them into a picture....which I will upload in a few minutes.

I have not tampered with any of these colours or the video.

I would appreciate your comments please.
edit on 23-3-2011 by easystreet because: spelling mistakes

edit on 23-3-2011 by easystreet because: add stills from video

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Fake. Nice try.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by easystreet

Looks like a regular star in our night sky. They flicker and thats probably what you were picking up. If it really was an object moving, then I can't tell because of the quality of the video.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

This is not a fake.... I am a middle aged women and can assure I have better things to do with my time than fake things like this.

I have just spent about an hour stopping the video and taking stills from it, which I have put into a sort of collage...

Please do not insult me.

Thank you

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Cant get the vid to work for me.
I seen one like that in my dreams but close up, several times!
Kool
edit on 23-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
How big was it? That looks huge for a star, unless you have really powerful zoom on your camera.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

What direction was this object? I often see a bright burning (and changing colour to blue/red/yelllow) star in the sky and mistake it for a UFO but it is Sirius. You could check on Stellarium to see if Sirius was in the sky that night - if it was't you may be on to something. Keep a look out over the next few nights as UFOs often return.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Can any of the video techs do a stabilization of this image as it's very shaky?

I would but don't know what software to use.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
My house is south facing.... don't know if that helps?

My camera has a zoom of x15.... There were other stars in the sky and this was totally different, hindsight, I now wish I had video them at the same time for comparisons.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
To be honest, it reminds me of light passing through a water droplet. I really wish you would've pulled the viewpoint back momentarily to show a spatial reference. There has to be some video before you centered the object in the viewpoint right? If so, a point of reference to judge size and distance would be phenomenal.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, if it seemed in the same spot but also if it was moving across the sky slowly, I'd say sirius.

OP, how long was it there for?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Looks like nothing out of the ordinary to me.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
by the flicker of the video it looks to me like an out of focus airplane. I say that because it IS out of focus. so whatever it was will remain a mystery.....

the flicker does look like some sort of aircraft tho.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

It was there was ages, when I first saw it through my window it look like it was flashing, however when I went out if just looked to be changing colours. It was definately moving over the 2.25 mins I took the video.

I just thought it was interesting....

To help you with the sizing, it looked like a large star.... not the moon... (sorry that sounds really thick, but it is the best way I can describe it)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Is there any way your can post just the stills by themselves, and not as a collage? I have some pretty good editing software here (linux based) that I can zoom in with and extract a bit more detail. One pic in there looks like it has a plume coming from it, (orange), and several others have interesting "features". The greens and the oranges would be nice, a few of each. Did you have your camera on a tripod? I'd also like to take a look at the metadata too. I've never seen such a wide array of color from the same celestial object at the same time. This is very intriguing.

A few normal .jpgs, Pretty Please?

DEFINITIVELY NOT an airplane. Too round, and too many disparate features. For it to change colors (the complete spectrum) would mean it would be rotating, and planes by nature do not rotate.

edit on 3/23/11 by Druid42 because: Added a line.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
hey,
i live in macclesfield uk and saw a bright ball in the sky it blew me away it was amazing the an hour later i saw three very strange shapes moving silently through the sky and in prestbury today there were black helicopters flying over head i've never seen this much activity in one day

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is deff confusing for me, I would like to see the stills dude puts up.
Double
edit on 23-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Hi

Here is a link to the individual pictures, I am sorry they are blurred..... I just kept pausing the video and doing a screen shot.

If you watch it careful there are several times in the short period it actually disappears and then comes back in a second..... surely if it was just static it wouldn't do that??

picasaweb.google.com...#
edit on 23-3-2011 by easystreet because: wrong link... amended

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
hey i give this guy credit cos i saw it to just didnt go for a camera went for my telescope instead this thing was amazing had my eyes on the sky all night hoping to see it again strange things in the uk tonight i saw it about 6:00 then there was a flash and it disappeared
edit on 23-3-2011 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

hmm, link is broken....Can you fix that please???

Ok, see it's fixed now. Processing.
edit on 3/23/11 by Druid42 because: link fixed.

<<   2 >>

join