It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Underwater Anomalies: Florida, Cuba, Japan!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+107 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Here are a few interesting satellite images as seen through NASA Worldwind and Google Earth. These intriguing patterns lend credence to the theory that thousand of years ago, many coastal areas and cities that once existed there were submerged due to natural disasters like Earthquakes, Tsunamis, and tectonic shifts that forever obliterated them.

Here are a few images that you may find interesting. Seeing the monotonous regularity of disasters now sweeping the planet, will history be repeated where many coastal areas would sink and new ones emerge from the depths of the oceans?

Enlarged….

Are those lines roads or walls?

The linear anomalies above are underwater, approximately 80-110 feet below the surface and cover an are approximately 16 miles wide by 7 miles long..

Here’s more. This one taken by the Space Shuttle (STS090-751-059) of Florida Bay in April 1998…

Color enhancement reveals what appear to be road-like features. Also seen is a tube-like feature towards the lower right of the image. The darker colors contained mostly in the upper right of the image are sea grasses.

The ‘tube’ structure, contrast
and color enhanced.

Here’s a map of Cuba in relation to the Gulf Coast.

Now let’s check out what’s below the ocean here…

Google Earth image

Is this is a photographic glitch in Google Earth? But it shows up in NASA’s World Wind image too!

NASA World Wind image

A linear, gridded area can be seen in both the NASA and Google Earth images of the Cayo Santa Maria off the coast of Caibarien, Cuba. The gridded anomaly area is approximately 2.8 miles long by 3 miles wide. The areas within the 3 red ovals may be possible sub-surface anomalies. Notice there seem to be nodes where many of the lines form intersections suggesting sub-surface anomalies at the intersection areas.

Google Earth Image Color Enhanced

NASA World Wind image

Enhanced contrast/brightness….

Are what we’re seeing vestiges of sunken cities or a small continent (Atlantis/Lemuria) that disappeared into the depths due to some catastrophe?

And here are some underwater photographs of ‘constructions’ near Japan. Remember, Japan and the Gulf coast lie in the "Ring of Fire" where most fault lines intersect. Did something catastrophic occur in ancient times that caused the land to drop below the ocean?

The Ring of Fire

The underwater 'constructions' off the coast of Japan.......

The underwater complex stretches for kilometers with a central pyramid, which Professor Masayaki Kimura is 100% certain could not have been formed by natural, geological processes. He estimates that it is 10,000 years old; twice the age of the Giza complex in Egypt.

All images except as mentioned courtesy: Satellite Discoveries

www.satellitediscoveries.com...
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...
tommytoy.typepad.com... ncredible-.html

edit on 22-3-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
S&F - Very interesting

It certainly looks like man made structures if it is not just photo anomaly

Great thread

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Excellent thread and a lot of evidence to suggest that you could be correct in some of the theory presented.

Off the coast of Japan is the most convincing IMO even though people have tried to pass this off as natural.

Straight lines underwater ? any other suggestions other than remains of ancient civilization.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
There is one explanation that I can give you. If you believe the Scriptures(Bible) after the time of the flood there was a period of so many years(maybe 500 years or more) where the people had to repopulate the world and lived near coastal areas like we do now. I don't know any exact dates but after the time of the Tower of Babel when the languages were confounded and people were scattered around the world the water levels of the Earth were much lower. Possibly 1000 feet, and this is where the story of Atlantis may have come from, a city that was near a coastal area, then after time the water levels rose because the Ice caps were receeded quickly and they had to abandon. If you want a creationist's point of view with more information look up Kent Hovind - The Hovind Theory on Youtube or download your own dvd from www.arrivalofthefittest.com...

Its a nice explanation I have never heard from school, cause all we are taught is evolution, Big Bang, meteor etc.
Hope this helps!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

now..that is interesting.. I better do some research of my own. S&F

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Excellent post OrionHunter. S & F!

Really love the scientific postings when the OP has all their ducks in a row (like you have). You've obviously done your homework on this.

I've heard off and on about these strange anomolies and have always believed there was human influence to them and you have gone a long way to proving it so.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I wonder if the next few cycles the Earth goes through will bring us more or less water. I believe as we move out further from the sun we will have less water on Earth. If we had Mars' orbit we would only have water near the equator because of this distance we are from the sun, if we had Venus's orbit we would have little to no water because of the heat. Earth is at just the right spot for liquid oceans and seems to have increased the size of it's oceans in recent cycles. There must be vast arrays of underwater cities we haven't found yet, so much left to discover on this planet.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Excellent thread
Got me sold this was not the first time it happen and it whant be the last S & F
I'm about 300 meter above sea level hope it high anoft.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
wow this is really cool and pretty obvious, i wonder if why the government don't care about this.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well thought out thread!

*S&F*

The 'construction' in Japan is obviously the work of man that predates written history.
To me, it is a sure sign that water levels were apparently 100's of feet below current levels.
There's roads and structures world-wide that defy explanation...
So it's much more convincing to theorize that the melting ice age increased water levels.
The last ice age, at least.

Who knows how advanced those civilizations were, either?
There's so much information that has been lost, (or hidden!), we might never know.

Good job, as this subject always peaked my curiousity.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here's an interesting vid from MSNBC showing what the researchers claim are the remains of an ancient civilization deep under the Caribbean Sea.

Though much of it looks like pixelation and pretty blurry (What does one expect from the murky depths?), it does seem interesting and mind boggling if it's the real deal.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Good work friend.
its a certainty that there are acient submerged ruins below our oceans.
I live in england, which was, a few thousand years ago joined to the rest of europe Riseing sea levels seperated england from mainland europe, 10's of hundreds of square miles of lush land washed away and forever a part of the sea bed!
how many citidals and small communties where lost ?
I've read about pyramids being discovered in costal areas surrounding India!
Our governments are probley reluctant to investigate these sites because they could be well over 50 000 years old, which, again would upset the church and there 'this is how it is' controling attitude.
Who knows!!

p.s. have i gone of the rails a bit by mentioning 'church'? (sorry)
edit on 22-3-2011 by mespen because: over-estimated certain years!

edit on 22-3-2011 by mespen because: over-estimated certain years!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
S&F! Thank you making such a well defined post! Now I have something interesting to research the next several days besides all the recent doom and gloom going on in the world.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5

Because it would then be proof that global warming isn't man made. ???

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Those lines are likely the result of a fishing practice called bottom trawling. Bottom trawling causes devastation to the ocean floor, however while it's frowned upon in the fishing community, it's a common practice.

More here: Treehugger.com

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by manticorex5

Because it would then be proof that global warming isn't man made. ???

Of course it isn't. People have been trained to have feelings of low self-esteem. The MSM even has the nerve to continue to tell us to turn off the lights on 'earth day', while radiation circles the planet and 60,000 bomb's worth of heat spew in to the atmosphere, uncontrolled, none of it carbon based. They are so full of zhit, but the government has already spent the money they are counting on through taxing carbon, so, you know how it goes.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hello sea fans.

We all know that the light from above, or the sun, will not go deeper
then 300', or +-100 meters.

So when you see bizarre things on the botton,
FIRST, check how deep it is, and
THEN, draw your conclusions.

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just throwing it out there...

The last pic looks as if it could perhaps be a launch pad.

And for some pretty large/tall user.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
one thing to keep in mind-
after the ice age, water levels rose some 430 ft (i think?). and some of your images are under that limit, meaning they would of been above water level at some point. We will definately find a lot of ancient settlements underwater.

but another thing to keep in mind, is those lines could also be old river beds?

Good post S/F

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I remember these lines in the ocean have already been brought up here on ATS in the past and been debunked as artifacts on the ocean maps, caused by scanning of the sea bottom with sonar or something like that.
I'll try to find that thread.

Ko3

Edit: found it: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-3-2011 by kid_of_3NKi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join