It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Nuclear plant with problems of its own...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
toronto.ctv.ca...

While this is of no major concearn as far as impending disaster, it should be another argument as to how the instability of this technology is simply not worth the risks they impose to all life on Earth.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
We should just switch to cold fusion. Theres too many risks involving nuclear fusion

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

A leak from a pumps seal on the non nuclear steam side of a power plant is indicative of the inherent danger of this technology? Elaborate.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
They use it for cooling, its not mixed with anything...just a seal for one of the pumps thankfully. Definitly nothing to worry about, unless that is a reflection on the rest of the maintenence oriented work not being performed...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I do believe cold fusion is being suppressed because although the risks which are a reality with nuclear reactors, those who are greedy enough value thier profits over the safety of others...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
I do believe cold fusion is being suppressed because although the risks which are a reality with nuclear reactors, those who are greedy enough value thier profits over the safety of others...

This is true. Yet how do we expect to advance if we dont allow it?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
More senseless fear mongering. What are the options ? Wind, solar ? Too expensive, too inefficient but if more effective methods including the previously mentioned can be used so be it. Leave it to news canada to make something out of nothing.

brill

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

I ask that you not attempt to put words in my mouth, I said no such thing on this particular situation...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Leave it to news canada to make something out of nothing.
quote]

Can you please explain what you mean?... Think we need attention or something?..

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Can you please explain what you mean?... Think we need attention or something?..

Pretty much. Sure its news but it will get so blown out of proportion and become sensationalized. By weeks end there will be a protest starting at the nearest tim hortons. Let me be clear here, no one wants serious problems, but this seems trivial. I'm certain there have been numerous small problems over the years if not decades but this will explode, led blindly by the attention seeking media whores.

brill
edit on 16-3-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Leave it to news canada to make something out of nothing.

brill

brilliant.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

I have in no way attempted to move you to fear, none the less I am well pleased you are afraid. Perhaps if more felt fearful on such matters and so moved to pause long enough to reason, this would no longer be an issue...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
reply to post by brill

I have in no way attempted to move you to fear, none the less I am well pleased you are afraid. Perhaps if more felt fearful on such matters and so moved to pause long enough to reason, this would no longer be an issue...

? Never said anyone moved me to fear. Your other comments are about as insightful as the media coverage for this event. There's nothing to fear here, unless media sensation & hype are your sources. Thanks for your post.

brill

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Your other comments are about as insightful as the media coverage for this event. There's nothing to fear here, unless media sensation & hype are your sources. Thanks for your post.

Ok it makes sense now, you are calling the OP "Canada". ok I get it. So because Canada's other comments are about as insightful as the media coverage...

lol

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is nutz. It shouldn't have even made the news.

The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission confirmed the leak on Wednesday, saying that it appears to have been caused by a pump seal failure. They added it did not pose a threat to human health.

At least we have someone keeping an eye on things, considering Harper fired our last nuclear watchperson who found a problem a few years ago. The firing turned into a big political issue, so I think (hope) he knows better now.

A couple of the comments:

Seriously, the plant lost 75 cubes of clean water, and this makes 'breaking news'? Have we become so paranoid?

Oh NO! They spilled clean water. What will we do! AGHHHH!

That does make CTV putting out a news story on this, sound just a wee paranoid

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Odd that an earthquake was just reported for Ontario here on ATS...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I am willing to bet that Pickering is going to get some attention now. Of all the places to have a earth quake it would have to be there
edit on 16-3-2011 by diamonddave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have not seen the actual location of this quake, but I dont think it was near this plant... still an intresting coincidence...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

More senseless fear mongering. What are the options ? Wind, solar ? Too expensive, too inefficient but if more effective methods including the previously mentioned can be used so be it. Leave it to news canada to make something out of nothing.

brill

if you truly think those are the only options then you must be new. electromagnetism is the answer.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
if you truly think those are the only options then you must be new. electromagnetism is the answer.

Never stated those were the only options but your suggestion sounds great. Can you demonstrate where it has been used so far or where there are intended uses ?

brill

top topics

<<   2 >>

join