It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs That California May Be Next For Quake?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
To start out, let me say that I'm NOT trying to start a doom thread, I'm just looking for honest feedback based on observation.

As we all know, this past week was a devastating quake for Japan. When things like this happen, we often pause to look at our surroundings and wonder if we're "next".

Being that I'm in California and we have nuclear power plants here too, it was obviously a concern of mine.

I started noticing a few strange things over the past few days that make me wonder if anyone else has noticed the same things or not, and the seeming coincidences between them.

It started on Friday. I was going for my lunch break and I noticed outside on the sidewalk, a bee landed on the ground and just sat there. I watched it for a few minutes, and it suddenly fell over on its side. Could it just have been coincidence that a bee landed right there and died? Sure... but I don't think that is the case given the remainder of my observations (and others). Now, anyone can say what they want, but I pay attention to things as simple as a bee landing on the ground and "dying", which is exactly what it did. Here are a couple of pics taken a couple of minutes apart as the bee died: (pardon the quality, they are all taken from my iPhone)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24d7ce141225.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73f4dc495266.jpg[/atsimg]

What struck me as VERY strange was that my wife told me a few days ago (3/8/2011) about a ton of bees that fell on her car while driving, which she said were coming down like "black rain" because there were so many of them and they all appeared dead. I even posted about it HERE and then at the advice of other ATS members, I posted a topic on it HERE. This was the same day that millions of fish showed up dead in Southern California. - SOURCE

To compare, Christchurch, New Zealand quake was on 2/22/2011 and a day or two earlier, 107 whales were found beached and dead not far from there - SOURCE.

Then, a few days before the Japan quake, on 3/9/2011, we have thousands of dead fish show up in Western Australia, almost at the same time as the California fish - [url=http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/thousands-of-dead-fish-have-been-washing-up-on-wa-beaches/story-e6frg14u-1226018687597]SOURCE[/ url] and BOTH explanations are a lack of oxygen in the water??? It just doesn't make rational, logical sense to me. Every logical and rational hair on my body is telling me that something bigger than we can understand is at work here.

Come on ATS folks... can the water be that starved for oxygen in 2 places separated by half a planet at the SAME TIME? Coincidentally, the same 24 period after a massive X-class solar flare???

Then, on Saturday (the next day, also the day after the Japan quake), I was driving towards the west when I saw something that I haven't seen before, and so I took a picture of it. It looked eerily similar to what I've read about "earthquake clouds", but it could have been a sundog, I'm not 100% sure. It might not be as easy to see in the pictures I took, but I can assure you that the light was a rainbow type of light / cloud, and you could clearly see almost every color in the spectrum. I've NEVER seen this with my own eyes before, only in pictures, and the same for my wife who was with me at the time and felt very uncomfortable once she saw it. (she almost wanted me to turn around and go home) Regardless, I took a picture of it while driving (not easy). Here is that pic:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fedf566d0d2c.jpg[/atsimg]

Just to clarify, that is NOT the sun in the picture, the sun is to the left quite a bit and behind a bit of cloud cover.

This next picture DOES have the sun in it, and the exposure prevents you from seeing the cloud in the first picture above. What this picture also shows is a TON of contrails / chemtrails in front of the sun and whatever cloud is in the first picture, and even my wife noticed how many streaks / clouds there were in the sky. I am not going to dispute or debate about contrail / chemtrail, do that in a separate thread please. I'm merely pointing out my observations here and looking for feedback from others.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cccd9feda7fa.jpg[/atsimg]

The viewing direction of those "clouds" I saw were just slightly north of due west. When I looked at a map later that night and tried to project where I saw the cloud, it was about where I would expect the Cascadian fault line to begin (or end). I'm in Northern California a couple of hours from the coast, and this was in the direction looking towards about where the California-Oregon border are.

I'm looking for honest feedback from others, not a back and forth tit-for-tat debate.... please don't let this derail into a discussion on chemtrails or animal deaths... I'm really trying to figure out if California or some other state along the west coast is in danger based on some of these things I've observed? Are these "signs" or just statistical flukes that happen to coincide at different parts of the world? Are we seeing physical symptoms of earthquakes that humans don't register but the earth, animals and oceans do?

I feel in my gut that there is another event that is going to happen, whether in Japan or the US, but things just don't seem to fit a scientific logical explanation. From what I understand, earthquake lights can indicate friction or tension along the faults and are usually an indication of an imminent earthquake, but have also been known to be visible a few days before as pressures release.

I'm looking forward to everyone's feedback.

~Namaste
edit on 14-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Living in Washington State, I feel everything just feels... out of whack?
Your observations are interesting, and lately I have noticed changes in the habitat here too.
My dog has been crying, and barking at nothing, along with other dogs in the neighborhood, strange weather, and frogs croaking night and day. I have never heard a frog in the winter all the fourteen years I have lived here, and it sound like summer, I mean i hear them non-stop! Nature is changing that's for sure. All these disasters it leaves me wondering... what's next ?
edit on 14-3-2011 by Freedoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Chile. NZ. Japan. Three corners of the Pacific Ocean plate. California, almost certainly, seems next. How bad, and when, is anybody's guess.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
These are interesting findings my friend, over here in the UK things feel very strange as well, in my town we haven't seen bees for two years now so we've grown accustom to not seeing them, but strangely enough a few dogfish washed up ashore yesterday all dead about 15 of them. I'm not trying to start debate but i honestly feel as though this could be the beginning of the end, if you get me. I think its nearing Judgement day/Doomsday whatever you want to name it..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Hard to tell. I was impressed with reports that the Japanese disaster kits included helmets and flashlights and they set about combing through the rubble for survivors right away.

It appears that frogs can tell of quakes days ahead of time...www.frog-garden.com...

Strange fact - the common toad can predict earthquakes. It has an uncanny ability to predict earthquakes several days before they occur, according to a remarkable study that documents for the first time an extraordinary "supersense" in wild animals. Scientists studying a colony of breeding toads living in an Italian lake found that they suddenly disappeared five days before a huge earthquake struck the town of L'Aquila in central Italy in the early hours of 6 April 2009. Most remarkably, L'Aquila is 74km (46 miles) from the lake. The toad researchers in this location believe there is no explanation other than the fact that the toads must have been able to detect some changes in their environment. Within days of the earthquake, the toads had returned to their breeding pool to continue spawning.

This fellow Jim Berkland, is said to be able to predict earthquakes though I am sure we'd have heard something before this if he was still active....www.calorey.com... Still he says to pay attention if your community has a jump in the number of pets that disappear because this could signal an earthquake.
edit on 14-3-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

This startles me also, the closest pond to my residence is a couple miles down the road, there is not even any water here to support them! Maybe they migrated to here like the article suggests? Interesting theory you gave me. Starting to get a little worried! I have the gut wrenching feeling.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Bees are extremely sensitive to flucuations in the electromagnetic field and could be a sign of a build-up of seismo-electromagnetic activity. Best way to quell this though would be to check TV, radio, phone to see if you notice any effects on audio, visual or spectral disturbances. Or even a mobile phone can be a great early warning tool - Between 100 to 150 minutes prior to an earthquake mobiles start non-functioning or malfunctioning.

Pay attention to animals - we all know by now how sensitive they are and my favourite is to check your nearest hospital. It is known that on leading up to the day it happens, child birth deliveries goes up about three to five times, while on the day of the earthquake it is as high as seven to eight times the normal.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Double post i'm sorry!
edit on 14-3-2011 by Freedoom because: Double post

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
After reading about Fridays quake in Japan, I said to my partner that i believed Alaska would be next, not for any reason other than thats what I thought and then either SO Cal or Mexico. Speculation is all it is, nothing more nothing less.

As for your bees it would be interesting to know how a hive / colony of bees die? Ones that have some illness as a group rather than being smacked to death by a car or van, do they die at the same time or do they die out one by one? Do they move en masse if the queen dies? If theres been an infection of some sort in the hive and the queen dies first or if the queen just plain dies what happens to the rest of the hive? Just things to think about regarding your wifes and your own experience with the bee(s). My bee keeping skills and knowledge is rather lack lustre as can be seen.

Your sun dog, I experienced the same thing 5 years ago on the Isle of Skye and the only natural / nature problem that occurred was the crappy weather that followed the next day. The picture was taken early July 2006.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Further study of elephants has shown that they are particularly well equipped to communicate through seismic waves. Their feet, for example, have large fat pads beneath the heel that scientists believe may facilitate transmitting the waves to the elephant's brain. Similar fat pads are found in other mammals, including cats, suggesting that many animals may be using seismic waves to communicate.

An insect may not be able to send a seismic wave very far, but its potential mate may be near.

And cats, as many folks know, seem to have an uncanny ability to sense danger. O'Connell-Rodwell thinks humans may have similar talents, but they probably lie dormant in most of us. Centuries ago, when our ancestors gathered around the camp fire to listen to the village drummer send out both auditory and seismic messages, they may have been a little more attuned to the vibrations in the soil beneath their feet. That could come in handy during a hunt, by the way. There's some evidence that humans with hearing impairment are also more aware of seismic signals.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have wondered since the Japan quake,just how much this event would affect the far edge of the Pacific plate i,e The Americas side!
Surely such a shift must have a repercussion there,although i pray not!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
Bees are extremely sensitive to flucuations in the electromagnetic field and could be a sign of a build-up of seismo-electromagnetic activity. Best way to quell this though would be to check TV, radio, phone to see if you notice any effects on audio, visual or spectral disturbances. Or even a mobile phone can be a great early warning tool - Between 100 to 150 minutes prior to an earthquake mobiles start non-functioning or malfunctioning.

Pay attention to animals - we all know by now how sensitive they are and my favourite is to check your nearest hospital. It is known that on leading up to the day it happens, child birth deliveries goes up about three to five times, while on the day of the earthquake it is as high as seven to eight times the normal.

I didn't put 2+2 together until I read this post...

I have noticed BOTH my cell phone dropping a lot of calls lately, losing service and failing to find the towers. (AT&T) I've also noticed that with things I DVR with Directv, that there is a lot of missing audio, small skips, little blotches that show up when there is some interference, but it happens through the entire show. There are times that the AM radio station I listen to on the way home goes silent for 30-45 seconds at a time as well. All of these things have been happening in the last 2 weeks or so and I didn't think much of it until I read that.

I have a Husky (dog) and she NEVER tries to get out of the yard, but this past month has been digging holes through every weak spot in the fence and running out. She never seems to go anywhere far, just likes to know that she can get out if she wants.... I found that to be really strange too but just thought she had found a new "friend" dog somewhere in the area that she was getting out to play with.

These are just observations, I'm not saying that they have anything to do with anything specific, but they are things I've observed. Perhaps if something does end up happening, we can look back on threads like these and use these observations to draw ideas from.

Thanks to all for the feedback so far!

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ficargul

Your picture looks very much like mine, so thank you for posting that...

I can't say if there is any link to what I saw and what you saw or if they are in fact the same, but I feel better about seeing a similar picture (and no quake) than if I had not.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have been seeing for some time now that rainbow thing in the clouds. I don't ever remember seeing that sort of thing when I was younger.

I don't see it a lot but when I do it really stands out!

Is that the earthquake cloud thing??

Interesting observations. I am in the Inland Empire area of S. Calif. The San Andreas is a few miles to the north of my home and where I work.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I have noticed BOTH my cell phone dropping a lot of calls lately, losing service and failing to find the towers. (AT&T)

More than normal?

Also, as per your OP--You saw one bee apparently die in front of you and you think it's something huge? ONE BEE?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

I have noticed BOTH my cell phone dropping a lot of calls lately, losing service and failing to find the towers. (AT&T)

More than normal?

Also, as per your OP--You saw one bee apparently die in front of you and you think it's something huge? ONE BEE?

No genius, I took a picture of the one bee that I actually was able to witness it flying, landing, then DYING.

I posted a thread about hundreds of dead bees, except that I was not able to take pictures. Given that both events happened within a few days of each other, it's an observation that bees are dying in the area.

This could be from anything, but again, it's an observation and as such, I'm sharing it with others.

And to answer your actual question, YES, more than normal...

Why would I bother talking about my normal observations and normal life on a conspiracy site???

Don't have anything valuable to contribute to the subject? Fine. There are PLENTY of other threads where you can post your rants, opinions, or anything else that you want but I specifically asked the other ATS members for FEEDBACK about the topic, not your dripping-with-sarcasm comment.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Why would I bother talking about my normal observations and normal life on a conspiracy site???

Don't have anything valuable to contribute to the subject? Fine. There are PLENTY of other threads where you can post your rants, opinions, or anything else that you want but I specifically asked the other ATS members for FEEDBACK about the topic, not your dripping-with-sarcasm comment.

~Namaste

I see. I didn't realize you were starting a thread only looking for people to thumbs up and agree with you.

This realization is noted and in the future I will refrain from responding to your posts unless I agree completely.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

~Namaste

I see. I didn't realize you were starting a thread only looking for people to thumbs up and agree with you.

This realization is noted and in the future I will refrain from responding to your posts unless I agree completely.

Please show me where I stated anything of the sort?

Maybe you should read the post next time....

I'm looking for honest feedback from others, not a back and forth tit-for-tat debate.... please don't let this derail into a discussion on chemtrails or animal deaths... I'm really trying to figure out if California or some other state along the west coast is in danger based on some of these things I've observed? Are these "signs" or just statistical flukes that happen to coincide at different parts of the world? Are we seeing physical symptoms of earthquakes that humans don't register but the earth, animals and oceans do?

It's not about agree or disagree, it's about presenting facts, observations and feedback about both.

Perhaps you could have said "Was this the only bee you've seen this happen to?" or "Was this the first time this has happened to you?" or "Is that the only picture you have?" - these are surely better questions than "one bee?", especially if you bothered to read the threads I linked to in the OP. Had you at least given me the courtesy of looking over everything being presented first before assuming one bee would cause me to post this, you would not have made such a foolish comment.

Your comments are duly noted and I apologize for expecting more critical thinking out of some of the members in the ATS community such as yourself.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I too live in So Calif,everything appears normal here,no animals acting out,everything seems status quo,one dead bee hardly makes an anomoly of sorts

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
most likely not related, but...........
i'm in new mexico and for the last few days i've been watching flocks of geese flying southeast.
totally backwards and definately the wrong angle.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join