It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Aliens Help Build The Great Pyramids

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
(i couldn't be bothered to read all the post so this might have been said)

It is believed that the Pyramids were covered in writing on the outside. but due to erosion it has worn away.

Nobody is sure what information was on the outside, it was believed to have taken decades to write out though

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott

Originally posted by katt06
hate to break up the good convsation, but who cares if aliens built the pyramids or not!!!

Before I continue reading this thread I must address this.

Guy, why do you come to ATS to ask these questions when the point of this site is to discuss these kind of things. We discuss things like this here, at ATS, becuase we want to know. If you ware not interested than dont bother responding.

*sigh* I want to belive in all of this for life isnt all that exciteing for me right now. Everyday is the same. Wake up with not enough sleep, get ready for work, start my Taxi up and drive people around the town, end my work, drive home and go to sleep (eating etc included somewhere in there). It just isnt that great. If i can belive that Aliens will come and give us something or already did, I will. Pyramids are really interesting. So is alot of other stuff that is on ATS. I come here to make my day allitle more exciteing than it would be normally. If it werent for ATS i would probably just end up going to the bar during my free time and drink myself to death.

Personally we dont know much about ancient man do we. All the records were burned a while back
and we had to start over again. So we cant say much about what they were like. If it is possible for me to belive in something i will and for one thing i dont think that we would be able to lift a 40 ton block up in the air a few stories and place it to make a pyramid. Heck i have a hard enough time making pyramids out of lego because they fall down all the time XD. I wouldnt underestimate ancient man but i wouldnt be surprized if they got a little help with something as big as these pyramids.

I completely agree with you. There is absolutely nothing wrong with "beleiving" in something,like aliens building they pyramids. The problem I have is when people state these claims as fact, instead of prefacing the statement with, "In my opinion...", or "My theory is...", or "Here's what I beleive..."

People that make statements as matter of fact will turn off the peple who use science and rational thinking when discussing such things. I too would rather live in a world where the unbeleivable is reality. It would make life so much less boring. I too come here to see the fantastic stories that people come up with (and allow myself to imagine such an existence), but have a hard time with those who constantly blend fantasy with reality and call it FACT.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Mpeake, to me they are facts... they may be nothing to you, but to me they are all facts...you have a problem if I post things that are FACTS to me?
Im not gonna type, 'I believe, or my theory'...NO, just because I do NOT believe and I do NOT have any theory's, I just know for myself!

If you think I live in a fantasy world, why bother? You won't change the fact of what I know...

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Italiano
Mpeake, to me they are facts... they may be nothing to you, but to me they are all facts...you have a problem if I post things that are FACTS to me?
Im not gonna type, 'I believe, or my theory'...NO, just because I do NOT believe and I do NOT have any theory's, I just know for myself!

If you think I live in a fantasy world, why bother? You won't change the fact of what I know...

Well, we'll just leave it at that. I know I won't get you to prove where your facts come from. Look, also realize that I am not saying that the "possibility" of alien intervention isn't there. As an openminded person I have to agree to the possibility of anything. Just that the evidence is out there that proves the pyramids were man made and that nothing suggest any alien intervention. So, is it possible that all the artifacts, writings, and carvings gave descriptions of humans building the pyramids and just happened to leave out any info pertaining to alien intervention? Well, like I said, anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeakeSo, is it possible that all the artifacts, writings, and carvings gave descriptions of humans building the pyramids and just happened to leave out any info pertaining to alien intervention? Well, like I said, anything is possible.
Yes, that is possible, Evil powers on Earth keep that hidden, as for many other things...Proof about aliens is everywhere, we just have to find it...and you will find it to if you look very good...because these days THEY cannot hide everything!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeakeSo, is it possible that all the artifacts, writings, and carvings gave descriptions of humans building the pyramids and just happened to leave out any info pertaining to alien intervention? Well, like I said, anything is possible.
Yes, that is possible, Evil powers on Earth keep that hidden, as for many other things...Proof about aliens is everywhere, we just have to find it...and you will find it to if you look very good...because these days THEY cannot hide everything!

Keep in mind, I'm not saying that proof in aliens is not out there...it's the proof that aliens had a hand in helping humans building the pyramids that eludes me.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Proof about aliens is everywhere, we just have to find it...and you will find it to if you look very good...because these days THEY cannot hide everything!

You know there is something wrong when I say that in the title.

*sigh* Proof about aliens is everywhere, I must agree. But are these aliens real ET's or are they stupid humans who are being Shiite clerics. We are getting back to what man is capable of. There have been many supposed UFO sightings, etc and none of them have proof that I am ready to believe to be a real ET. The evidence is there, but should I believe it? I want to, but I don�t think I can.

As I stated above our lives are generally so dull that we have to agree with every thing that is thrown in our face. I have heard on several occasions that aliens created us. But what if we created them! We have the technology, heck we have made SPIDER GOATS.

UFO simply means unidentified flying object. Just because it is not identified doesn�t mean that it is an ET. We have the knowledge and we have the technology to make everything that has been shown as evidence for ET's.

I like the idea of ET's, it gives me a good time to think about them and whenever I hear about us being capable of doing the exact same thing, my heart sinks. I have been let down by these beings too often. If they do truly exist I will wait for one to show itself either to me or on my television being interviewed by a started reporter on CNN.

It is possible that they have helped us now and in the past. This would explain our abilities. But what really is to say that we couldn�t. With things like Photoshop, etc, we can hardly even believe what we see with our own eyes. Information is now so widely spread that there is no way to discriminate between what is fact and fiction.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott*sigh* Proof about aliens is everywhere, I must agree. But are these aliens real ET's or are they stupid humans who are being Shiite clerics. We are getting back to what man is capable of. There have been many supposed UFO sightings, etc and none of them have proof that I am ready to believe to be a real ET. The evidence is there, but should I believe it? I want to, but I don�t think I can.

As I stated above our lives are generally so dull that we have to agree with every thing that is thrown in our face. I have heard on several occasions that aliens created us. But what if we created them! We have the technology, heck we have made SPIDER GOATS.

lol...mate... look, We are ALL of the one Creator...So, your right about calling them 'aliens', We are all one of the same...They are our VERY old family. It's up to you what to 'believe' about the proof... Of course... There are things that make you think...hmm, could this be a set-up? But you have to realise that the evil powers on this planet are masters of disguise!

"We have the technology"
, If you could compair our technology to something...we should compair it to a firefly...so...If our technology is the same energy a firefly needs to 'glow', then "Aliens" have a technology with a energy that could make 'glow' our sun...
WE could NOT create an "alien"...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well, my two cents is this:

I cannot bring myself to believe that all of the incredibly accurate measurements, the alignment of the construction with things that the egyptian culture could not have known about, given what is known about their knowledge, that the Pyramid was built solely by man. let me back that up a second. perhaps man built it, but man did not design it on his own. How did they know how to align it so accurately with true north without the use of magnetism? How did they get it to be such a focal peice and centered on the earth land mass? how were the gaps in the stones so incredibly precise? human error alone, no matter how accurate one attempted to be, would have produced great variations in the gaps between stones alone. Figuer in a workforce of several tens of thousands, and the margin for a cataclysmic error increases exponentially.

I know the evidence for and against man building them, and I can't say for sure one way or the other. I'm just saying there is an incredible amount of knowledge used in their design that was not readily available at the supposed time of construction.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
It is believed that the Pyramids were covered in writing on the outside. but due to erosion it has worn away.

Where did you hear this?

italiano:
Yes, that is possible, Evil powers on Earth keep that hidden, as for many other things

If whateveritwas has removed all evidence of its existence, then what reason is there to -know- that these things are facts, like you said above?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Where did you hear this?

italiano:
Yes, that is possible, Evil powers on Earth keep that hidden, as for many other things

If whateveritwas has removed all evidence of its existence, then what reason is there to -know- that these things are facts, like you said above?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Where did you hear this?

italiano:

everlastingnoitall:
How did they know how to align it so accurately with true north without the use of magnetism?

magnetic north is not true north

How did they get it to be such a focal peice and centered on the earth land mass?

What pyramid does this?

how were the gaps in the stones so incredibly precise? human error alone, no matter how accurate one attempted to be, would have produced great variations in the gaps between stones alone

Why do you think this?

I'm just saying there is an incredible amount of knowledge used in their design that was not readily available at the supposed time of construction

Fair enough, but we certainly don't know what they knew, at least we know that we think we don't know.....

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
you're right, my mistake. true and magnetic are two different things, but was true and magnetic aligned and the same at the time of construction?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Clearly, whoever built the Pyramid had access to information beyond that which earthlings possessed at the time, at least earthlings as we know them.

This is from www.europa.com...

While the bulk of the Pyramid's core was constructed of 4,000- to 40,000-pound blocks of soft limestone, the outer layer of the Pyramid was made of a beautifully bright, protective layer of polished stone. These outer "casing stones" are missing today because about 600 years ago they were stolen by Arabs

It says that there was a caseing but was there really writing?

And yes I dont think we know how magentic and true north were oriented at the time, the point is that it is/was acurate.

[edit on 8/20/2004 by SirKillallott]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
to answer the original question, I think it is arrogant to assume the egyptians couldn't do it on their own. 1000 years from know, people will be wondering if aliens helped us get to the moon. after all, we had only learned to fly 60 years earlier.....Homo sapiens have had the same size brain for about 100,00 years. All it would have taken is enough resources and time to build them.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
to answer the original question, I think it is arrogant to assume the egyptians couldn't do it on their own. 1000 years from know, people will be wondering if aliens helped us get to the moon. after all, we had only learned to fly 60 years earlier.....Homo sapiens have had the same size brain for about 100,00 years. All it would have taken is enough resources and time to build them.

Thank You!!! Why is so hard to accept the fact that mankind is capable of great feats, past and present, without the aid of alien intervention? It has been prove now that the tools necessary to build the pyramids, existed during the times that they were built. They had the means, the motive, and the mental/physical ability to create them, even if we have lost that ability today.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

How did they know how to align it so accurately with true north without the use of magnetism?

how can a pyramid be aligned with the north?the base of a pyramid is a square,now how can you point it north?
the magnetic pole was different at the time,it's always changing

exactly,the pyramids are a 100% man made.does the fact that we have computers and aircrafts mean we should automatically understand how the egyptians built the pyramids? NO!

[edit on 20-8-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
From what I can glean from the reviews, Mr. Brennan, like myself and others, is stating that a worldwide cataclysm occurred thousands of years ago which ended the Atlantean civilization and that this was caused by an outside influence -- what he attributes to be the Vela supernova.

There's no proof of this cataclysm. And certainly not 14,000 years ago (right in the middle of the time when the American Indians were settling North America and right in the middle of the time when folks were building settlements in Europe and elsewhere.

but a Zetan/Anunnaki-initiated nuclear holocaust that occurred at the end of the failed Atlantean War of Independence.

Again, no proof of this. No evidence. Heck, you could say that civilization was suddenly overrun by flying pigs and there's exactly as much evidence for flying pigs as there is for this "zetan/Annunaki holocaust"

[quoteDoes anyone remember the author, Richard Noone, when he predicted that planetary alignment alone could trigger the tilting of the world on its axis?
Greatly scoffed at by most people.

Many geologists espouse that the world runs in cycles and that every so often, like every fourteen thousand years, the world will tilt on its axis.

These theories are all wrong.

Yes, they are. Geologists don't think that the world runs in cycles. Climatologists think there's periodicity to climate but geologists don't have a thing to say about it.

Furthermore, they believe (based on all the evidence) that the MAGNETIC POLES shift. Nobody with any education in sciences actually believes that the planet itself will flip over.

But very few people are open to the idea that space-aliens nuked our planet into chaos and that it could happen again.

Right. Almost nobody is open to a wild theory with no physical evidence (like flying pigs attacking cities in the stone age.)

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott

earthlings as we know them.

[edit on 8/20/2004 by SirKillallott]

We know little information about how they were built, for the people who built them no longer exist. I still stand in the middle of either of the possibilities. I know how difficult it must have been, and I don�t for one second underestimate our capabilities. But, the pyramids are something that I will continue to question. Lifting a 40 T block up however tall it was to the top isn�t easy and I don�t know how they would have done it. I don�t think you can use logs to push up a block that heavy that high even with a limitless amount of man power. They must have had something other than that, which we do not know of.

This does not mean that it is aliens but it shows that we know squat about them. If any of you know how to do that with the knowledge that we know about them today, please enlighten me.

We have seen carvings and such and we have tried to interpret them but none of us actually know what they could�ve meant. Even the most blatantly obvious thing could be something different all together. I could invent my own language and put pictures of things and mean an entirely different thing. It�s up to you what you believe. Don�t jump to conclusions; things aren�t always what they seem.

Prove me wrong plz

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Lifting a 40 T block up however tall it was to the top isn�t easy and I don�t know how they would have done it.

a mile long gentle slope ?

if they are bothered enough to build a pyramid then they are prob bothered enough to stack some soil and stones and make a ramp to the top - the thing about this is that they could lengthen the ramp to compensate for the height as the pyramid gets taller

[edit on 20-8-2004 by acidhead]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join