It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitch in SOHO may have shown something quite astonishing next to Sun!!! LOOK!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kojiro
Slipped overlay, and solar flare. Nothing more unusual than that. There's nothing to see here.

Can you tell me what the black object is at 3 o'clock to our sun?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AlteredTom

I'm pretty sure I just did. It's as black as the body of the sun itself, which means its just as bright thus the filter. This leads me to conclude that it's part of the flare.
edit on 3/13/2011 by Kojiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
If you say so...

I see a few problems with that. The object does not line up with any other flares in the picture. You can see plain as day where the flares are and where they're coming from. And if it's part of a flare, why are there not more of these around other parts of the sun where the other flares are, being just as bright? And why a separate body from the sun?

There are many other things that will point the other way. I'm no expert though...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Look at how the sun is blacked out. This is a failsafe filter to protect the equipment from being damaged. Your "object" is the same sepulchral black. This would indicate that it is an extremely bright object, approaching wavelengths of that of the sun's. If this was an "alien ship," well it's clearly too late for them because they're nearly as bright as the sun itself, indicating that they're now an atomized ball of plasma.

But since the sun is flaring in this picture, it's much more likely that this is just a hotter spot in the flare.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kojiro

If this was an "alien ship," well it's clearly too late for them because they're nearly as bright as the sun itself, indicating that they're now an atomized ball of plasma.

If it was an alien ship that had the technology to reach the sun. I would imagine the tech was their to shield the ship. Let's not forget the fact that we have created & harnessed temperatures hotter than the sun in science labs.

For an interplanetary species, it should be cake. A craft from a Type 2 Civilization could easily sit next to our sun.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

So... to protect themselves from the heat of the sun they have to make themselves as hot as the sun? How does that work? That's like setting yourself on fire to escape a burning house....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well, in car racing, drivers have flame retardant suits. I would imagine if the driver was on fire, he would be protected while the outside of the suit would be inflamed. Thus, the outside of the suit would be as hot as the fire, but not the inside.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Definitely an interesting pic. You can tell the lens did mess up that's a given though for the large dark spot it could be a flare or if it was "a ship" thing would be freaking huge. Though its also kind of hard to say how far from the Sun it may be though I have to agree it would be rather toasty

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojiro

Solar flare? Really?

The disk of the sun is not the same color as the ship, it has much more Red in it. And, the Dark space at the bottom of the image is the same color as the sun. Course these are jpg images, so perhaps the color is false, and the space around the sun is also has bright and hot as the sun and the object.

Also, just why does that object have to be so large? Does it have to be "right next" to the Sun, or could it be millions of miles close and just happen to be in the image as a silhouette.

Anyway, another possibility ...
alien.wolfmagick.com...

edit on 20-3-2011 by AnthraAndromda because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
reply to post by Kojiro

Solar flare? Really?

The disk of the sun is not the same color as the ship, it has much more Red in it. And, the Dark space at the bottom of the image is the same color as the sun. Course these are jpg images, so perhaps the color is false, and the space around the sun is also has bright and hot as the sun and the object.

"Red?" What red? They're both black!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb8dcd2e0aee.jpg[/atsimg]

I was going to say it reminded me of the Cygnus from Disney's "The Black Hole" starring Anthony Perkins when I remembered this very same thingie has appeared in other NASA images. See the threads referenced below.

Why have NASA removed these images?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Truly Amazing Sun UFO - best I've seen or is it an artifact?

NASA Stereo-Behind UFO?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a7a0bb1b750.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It's not the Cygnus they have orbiting the Sun, but it sure seems like they have something in orbit.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5c1b50ef86d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Does look similar. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there is something orbiting the sun.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I would like to bring this thread back to light with more material on the subject at hand.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Ship's library computer gives a 92% probability that it's a Klingon K'Tinga Class Cruiser.

Or one of the U.S. Navy Space Command's jump ships.

<< 1   >>

join