It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30% Breaking news- 70% aaaarrrrrggggghhhh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
aaaaarrgghhh.

I am not going to state names or details. I will simply say this-

In recent times, I started following a thread soon after it began. This thread is a very active thread. I followed along very close all night and during the day. Later in the afternoon, I got some rest. I came back online about 7 hours later, give or take. I then returned to the last page I had viewed on this particular thread, and proceeded to get caught up.

The one-liners are killing me. There could possibly be even one member, who seems to think that they are the most important contributing factor in this particular thread. While this hypothetical person is online, you can easily find 5 comments from them on each page. Page, after page, after page, after page. This hypothetical person has contributed some to the thread. I am not denying that. They have also single-handedly managed to make the thread much more difficult to read. It is even possible to find a page with 5 comments from said person, none of which have links. Then at the top of the very next page, it is possible to see this person's comment of, "provide link please!!!!," to someone else.

This obvious antonym has given me a headache.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yeah I've seen him around!

BrokenCircles is the username I think, very annoying!

Hah! But yeah, one liners can be annoying and the real culprit is probably friends with the person who wrote the thread or the author of the thread itself on another sign in name.

More replies = limelight on the hot topics page.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

lol. thanx.
That could be the name. Not sure though. can't remember.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Initials G.U?

They seem like they are from GLP, they should get the hang of this forum after a few weeks.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I am just going to use this as my own personal continuous rant about hypothetical people who are not commenting in the Japan thread. I welcome any others to join if they so please. I welcome all rants about hypothetical people who seem to act as a 'self-proclaimed captain' or 'elementary school hall monitor' within a particular recent fast growing thread.

Why is it so dang hard for someone so many people to realize this? Can they not comprehend simple logic?

An example- Person 'A' comes back into the thread, for the first time of the morning. Of course person 'A' cannot be expected to read all 75 pages which contain, as we already know, 30% breaking news and 70% aaarrrgggghhhh. So person 'A' posts a comment, which may be something that has already been posted 20 pages back. Now here is where Captain Hall Monitor steps in and says, "We already knew about that hours ago. Don't make a pointless post repeating that crap."

Why is it so difficult for Captain Hall Monitor(whose post contained nothing), to realize that person 'A's comment actually had information in it? Oh no, and it doesn't stop there, because then person 'A' has to reply to Captain Hall Monitor.
aaaarrrrrrghhgghhh

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I don't let hypothetical people tick me off.

The real ones do the job just fine without them.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Very true, but....
I see it as being the polite thing to do, by complaining about the hypothetical ones lol.
Even though I am not always one who makes an effort to be polite.
This time it seems appropriate.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
my two and one half cents...newer members have forgotten that if you want to talk to somrbody 'personally' they can message them or chat them..if the 1 or two line comment isnt important enough to 'personally' chat or message them then it isnt important enough to waste thread space and put in in an ongoing thread. this isn't facebook, this isn't a socializing network. most don't even read or look at attached links and pictures..that much is obvious from the replies.i dont think most members are up to the level of posting that is actually informative and makes ATS what it is, alot seem to use threads as some sort of personal chat or rant..and since it's the web, they can walk away without confrontation or backing up what they say. it is annoying but i will still sift thru the crap to get the good stuff.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
S&F to you BC. I was thinking the exact same thing and I feel we are on the same page. As you can tell from my last few posts on that thread. I feel bad for being one of the posters that I was complaining about, but I feel that everybody should let these clowns know what is up. I feel that the thread was ran a little "tighter" yesterday.

I was truly disappointed that I wanted some real time information, and to get this information I would have to go back 30 pages to find some.

I wanted to make this post in your rant because I feel the same way. Now I am going to have to dig up some info to help get that thread back on track.

EDIT: Maybe after a while. These kids are driving me nuts....lol
edit on 12-3-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sorry to go off topic, but did anyone hear about an earthquake? I think it was near Japan.

(sorry)

Just an example of what happens when PEOPLE DON"T READ THE THREAD!

Mui sympatico, fellow travellers!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I know it made me feel better to type it out on this thread, even if the "hypothetical" people I was talking about don't read it. I agree with what both of you have said.

To me, it was kind of annoying as your following along, but if you are keeping up with the thread, and still able to keep up to date with the TV, and other links, then it isn't that bad. Trying to get caught up on what you have missed over 50 pages is where it gets real frustrating

idk. for me, just to click these lil fellas--->>
, can make me smile, so it seems to be somewhat theraputic lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
ok. I really didn't want to come back to this thread, but I feel compelled.

1st, we have this comment. No, I am not ranting about this one. I am in agreement with this comment.

Originally posted by [color=midnightblue](A voice of reason)
woke up and first thing i do is come here to check for all the updates. Sadly the thread is still overrun with **Obvious Antonym's** constant CNN updates, and he cant even differentiate between LIVE news and replayed clips of live news.
*names have been changed to protect something or other....idk....me..i guess....

Originally posted by "Praying for Doom"
reply to post by[color=midnightblue](A voice of reason)

I've been up all night watching alot of different sources and sadly there isn't really anything new being said. Only thing I've heard is that there will be blackouts in japan. oh and they are still a lot of aftershocks

Maybe I am just misinterpreting this comment, and maybe I am not. Either way, I feel that I am allowed to state my interpretation of it, into this rant.

I shall give 3 different uses of the word- 'sadly.'

The 1st hypothetical person, uses it as saying that it is sad that there are still many useless comments continuing to be posted in this thread.

The 2nd hypothetical person, uses it as saying that they are sad that there wasn't another huge disaster to happen overnight and the news has been boring. (I guess 'No News' is NOT 'Good News' because it is not entertaining)

Finally, the hypothetical me- I am sadly disgusted and ashamed, at times, to call myself an American. This is just such a common outlook that many American's have. Is it due to us being trained by the MSM to enjoy death and destruction? Do we all just enjoy witnessing the torment and hardships of others? These are by far, not pleasant times, but does that really mean that we enjoy to witness hate, death, fear, horror, and pain? I don't. What makes me sad, is when I turn on the TV, and all the 'Breaking News' is of horrid events. I would be much more pleased to turn on CNN, and see that their top story is of a horny old Senator's extra-marital affairs. Now that's entertaining. Death is not.

Proud Sad [color=midnightblue]to be an [color=midnightblue]American
edit on 3/13/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
No. I am not going to do it. I am not going to comment in that thread. I shouldn't even be reading it and I know this. I will continue to keep my opinions in this rant and not contribute to the rubbish. This particular ideal, is one that I have seen mentioned many times over the last couple of days.

Originally posted by [color=deeppink]I-Failed-3rdgrade-Math

The fact that 11.9.2001+11.03.2011 equals 21.12.2012 is pretty strange. Is this pure coincidence or what?

or.... NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!!
This is not even close to a fact. It doesn't equal. It isn't pretty. Nothing there, so not a coincidence.
What words are we left with??
'This pure strange what', is failed by simple math alone. 11 + 11 does not equal 21. Never has, and never will. My calculations also tell me that 2011 +2001 = 4012.:bnghd:

There isn't even a need to mention that amateur numerologists can make any connection, between any 2 things, if they try hard enough, because this still fails regardless.

Edit to add- Just in case anyone gets lost or makes a wrong turn, and ends up reading any of my gibberish, I want to assure you that I have not gone completely insane. Also, I am very aware that I am talking/typing to myself, and I am fine with that.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

those are BOTs, supplanted by god knows who with their own agendas.

top topics

join