It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anhieser-Busch canning water instead of beer? Do they know something?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Beer sales have been drastically declining in America. Can you believe that?

7% drop in beer sales in the US last year alone:

articles.moneycentral.msn.com...

4% drop in beer sales in the UK last year alone:

www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-25/u-k-beer-sales-decline-as-drinkers-prefer-supermarkets-to-pubs.html

Everybody's too poor to buy booze. Their canned water plan won't pan out. Everybody's broke/unemployed.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStand

Sure they know. The "war" of this new century is water. But trouble can be avoided. I, for instance, for the past 35 years, have been laying by a supply of dehydrated water in case of emergency and I and my family and others are prepared. Why not do the same?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

Would I only need to just ad water to it?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Well where is their water coming from? Is it filtered? If so, by what methods(charcoal,osmosis,etc.)
All I know is that good old Budweiser just does not taste the same since Imbev bought it. Strangely,
it tastes better. Like it used too. Closer to BUDVAR from Czech Republic. Like it should.
But still how pure is the water? We all know the Missouri and Mississippi are all nasty now with runoff.
Do I want to drink water/ beer that is made with water from rivers that are contaminated with fertilizers,pesticides,
human prescription drugs,chemical runoff,bacteria, viruses,and experimental agent X ?
Can't live forever, so pass me a cold one.

Yet, if you wish otherwise, you would have to find an Ancient Spring. In Fact, who among you would be
willing to invest in a Brewery in a remote area , supplied by an ancient Glacial Melt?

Of course you would need Hops,Wheat,Barley,and/or Rice from a Certified Organic Source.
Someone with the understanding and experience in Plant Systematics and Plant Physiology.

Focused on an unwavering beacon of quality. That is where I enter the equation.
As far as Bud water, A thirsty man will drink any clear water no matter what the source,
unless he knows better. To be fair, Bud water may be the most tasteful and nourishing water you can drink.
You never Know. Budweiser Water could be purer than local rain ,stream, or river water.
Have you ever considered that?
As far as the Back up supply, Our levee infrastructure is in tatters. Spring Flood Zones are widening,
and after Katrina, if the Directors of FEMA aren't prepared this time, you can rest assured they will be walking
out of a job. Earthquakes, yes , a major possibility, but flooding is the troublesome given.
Cheers ATS Members, and S&F to the Original Poster
edit on 7-3-2011 by Wildmanimal because: typo/add in

edit on 7-3-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add in/Typo

edit on 7-3-2011 by Wildmanimal because: typo

edit on 7-3-2011 by Wildmanimal because: insert

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
It's funny to me how blase Americans always are about beer. Most Americans dont know what ABV means, and hence, in most cases it isnt even printed on the cans. The US stores seem to have got it into their heads that everybody wants 'light' beer. (go into any pathmark, stop and shop etc. and look, how many cases of Coors 'banquet' or origional can be found cowering below the towering pyramids of 'Coors Light')

To be blunt, the US beer companies have got it wrong, and have been getting it wrong for some considerable time. The beer market is going down the tubes, and what I mean by that is that the large companies are losing customers due to idiotic advertising and packaging. Most self respecting beer drinkers wouldnt be seen dead ordering a glass of that 'lite' pish.

Which brings us full circle to 'canned water' perhaps not so much a necessity but an excuse to keep massivly over-staffed factories running.. There's that and the fact the breweries spent a lot of money making sure weed wasnt legalised in California last year.

If the government is paying a company to can water that isn't eventually used then that company is being subsidised, in advance. Maybe they DO do that all the time, but that is still public money, and at the end of the day, a scam, to rip off taxpayers.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

Sure they know. The "war" of this new century is water. But trouble can be avoided. I, for instance, for the past 35 years, have been laying by a supply of dehydrated water in case of emergency and I and my family and others are prepared. Why not do the same?

Wait..... that's a joke right? If so well played!

Originally posted by angus1745
It's funny to me how blase Americans always are about beer. Most Americans dont know what ABV means, and hence, in most cases it isnt even printed on the cans. The US stores seem to have got it into their heads that everybody wants 'light' beer. (go into any pathmark, stop and shop etc. and look, how many cases of Coors 'banquet' or origional can be found cowering below the towering pyramids of 'Coors Light')

To be blunt, the US beer companies have got it wrong, and have been getting it wrong for some considerable time. The beer market is going down the tubes, and what I mean by that is that the large companies are losing customers due to idiotic advertising and packaging. Most self respecting beer drinkers wouldnt be seen dead ordering a glass of that 'lite' pish.

Which brings us full circle to 'canned water' perhaps not so much a necessity but an excuse to keep massivly over-staffed factories running.. There's that and the fact the breweries spent a lot of money making sure weed wasnt legalised in California last year.

If the government is paying a company to can water that isn't eventually used then that company is being subsidised, in advance. Maybe they DO do that all the time, but that is still public money, and at the end of the day, a scam, to rip off taxpayers.

I would have to agree 100% that BIG beer companies in the US make awful beer. Even the fake craft brews like Shock Top and Blue Moon, among others, are quite disgusting. Although, they sell what people buy. Most Americans don't want beer, they want carbonated alcohol water. so that's what the big boys want.

At the same time, look at the huge amount of craft brew that is made in the US. I would argue, and many would agree, that America is currently producing the best beer in the world. Belgian, German, etc styles can for the most part be replicated and improved upon. It's not like wine where you rely on a certain regions grapes and soil for flavor. Most any ingredient used by any brewer in the world is available to most any other brewer.

No other country produces the variety of the US craft beer market. While it's true that many places in the US are void of any decent craft brew, living in the PNW I have access to literally thousands of the finest beers on the globe. A local fred myer (kroger for some other places in the country) has a craft beer section about 4 times larger than the BMC beer.

But, I think I'm getting off topic as I'm assuming your just referring to BMC mainstream beers, in which case I agree totally. That stuff isn't beer. Even though light pilsners aren't my style, I can still appreciate a quality one, which BMC definitely do not make.
edit on 8-3-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by minigunner

What I take away from the InBev site is that they are a major global player in the corporate oligarchy. I am in the process of researching the CEO and other major shareholders to find out just who they are all tied too. Specifically I am looking for Bilderburg/Bohemian Grove connections. Divide and conquer true, but a lot of us forget about the second half of that...consolidate and control. It would be interesting to see what other companies they are "aquiring".
The whole thing makes my head spin trying to fit it all together

I also think I should have posted this to the disaster conspiracy forum instead of survival.
Well it is my first thread. I'll update when I can, but if there are a lot of globalist connections I may just do a new thread about that.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofast

Yes AB states that it has helped out with disasters since the 1908 SF earthquake. I mentioned that in my OP. My concern is they are supposedly getting ready for "flooding" this spring and that AB isn't the AB of the 1900's anymore having been bought out by a global mega corporation. Personally I take this message away from this whole ordeal.

"Nothing to worry about people...your corporate masters will take care of you in case of an "event". Just remember who gave you the water when you were stayin in the FEMA trailer after you get back on your feet. Buy thier beverages because they care about you."

That makes sense to me. Public Relations is what this is about. Do they know something about a future event...probrably...not exactly what or when, but they know, based on probability, something is likely to happen in the near future.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I don't think this is going to be a big deal....

First of all, the midwest had a rather soggy winter, with all the snow, and will most likely flood. In '93, we had something similar and the flood was massive... so it's safe to say it could happen again.

Second of all, back in 90/91ish *I was in 5th grade, that 's all i remember * The experts were saying that St. Louis was well overdue for a massive earthquake and some one made, what was thought to an accurate estimate, about it happening that year. So, everyone had bottled water and earthquake kits set up, and were well taught what to do in an earthquake. As you know... there wasn't an earthquake... but that still doesn't change the fact that one is overdue. With all the massive earthquakes catching cities unaware in the previous years.... it's better to be safe than sorry.

Canned water is terrible.... Bottling it makes more sense. I'm just say'n.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStand
Was having the Sunday phone chat with my grandmother yesterday and she brought this to my attention. She is not survivalist in the sense that we are, but she grew up in the great depression and has experienced many things in her life. A happy go lucky person by nature, so when this made her suspicious I had to dig a little deeper.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e174223cd94c.jpg[/atsimg]It seems that Anhieser-Busch is canning and stockpiling water for an emergency. I find this interesting because they are based in St. Louis, MO (New Madrid Fault Zone). The mainstream stories on this point out the heavy snowfall and possibility of flooding this spring.
Read about it here:
Anhieser-Busch canning water instead of beer?
Video Here:
Video

The company touts that it has helped with disaster relief as far back as the SF Earthquake of 1906 and has given out more than 5 million cans of packaged drinking water to victims of natural disasters over the past 2 years in this press release:
Press Release
This may be business as usual, but I am suspicious by nature, (I am a member of ATS after all), and wonder with FEMA buying up all the Mountain House food as well as all of the threads and news about the New Madrid fault if this is yet another instance of the power players knowing what is about to go down.
Either way it should make for an interesting conversation. Opinions?

edit on 3/7/2011 by LastStand because: Link issue

Interesting post, thanks for bringing it up. Topic is misleading though. It's not like they stopped canning beer, they are just canning water in addition to beer.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Molson and Miller do this as well. Its community outreach etc. They may also have an order from an aide agency etc and are filling it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The market for bottled water is fairly lucrative. Actually canned water is sort of appealing. All the major breweries, Coca Cola, etc use really high grade filter Centaur Carbon block systems that remove all the unpleasant tastes/toxins in standard drinking water. People are always telling me filtering water is a waste of money but I really notice the difference. If you can't tell the difference in taste don't pay for it.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

they have plastic bottles for beer its just there usual consumer is stadiums and the like rember that frackas a few years ago in the nba where they were throwing all the glass bottles? well that was there soloution never tried it but basketball wasent somthing i follow to closely

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Sorry to break the news, but they've been canning water for along time...and calling it beer.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I keep getting replies about how they have been doing this for a long time. You can see in the above post that I mentioned that. I Also have stated it may be business as usual as well.

The company touts that it has helped with disaster relief as far back as the SF Earthquake of 1906 and has given out more than 5 million cans of packaged drinking water to victims of natural disasters over the past 2 years in this press release:
Press Release

Somebody mentioned that Michelob does this too...Same Corporation owns them as well. Here is a list of all of thier brands:
InBev Brands

Also I find it interesting that this company is trading in some "old US Bonds' for new ones. This will happen on an interesting date as well March 14, 2011. That is odd considering all of these other threads about SHTF on March 15th?
Anheuser-Busch InBev Commences Exchange Offer for Up to 8 billion USD of USD Bonds
Is it all just typical paranoid hype on my part? Maybe. But you really cannot ignore some of the connections here.
edit on 3/9/2011 by LastStand because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/9/2011 by LastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Ah, but the global InBev reported gains last year as they continue to buy up other brewers.
Anheuser-Busch InBev reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2010 Results
Revenue rose 4.4% in FY10 and 5.9% in 4Q10, with revenue per hl up
2.3% in FY10 and 5.0% in 4Q10.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

What's the big deal, they've been brewing water in a can and calling it beer since their inception

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Do they know something???? YES! Humans need water to survive. This is nothing new. When you have questions about FEMA first ask someone from Florida. We would tell you that this water has been handed out with m.r.e.'s after hurricanes for a long time. The taste is horrible, very metallic. But what do you expect. have you had their beer? XP

Now the floride, that's another issue all together. Wait a minute!!....... Floride...Florida....oh no!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I would imagine it's more along the lines of common sense. There was a lot of snow this winter. Snow melts. Means lots of water. that means floods. As much as I love a good conspiracy, unfortunately, not everything is.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Nobody came back to this thread?

Doesn't this seem like a major conspiracy in light of the Japanese events!!!

So, Budweiser stopped canning their high profit signature items, and started canning water "just in case" and then a major catastrophe strikes a week later?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join