It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anhieser-Busch canning water instead of beer? Do they know something?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Was having the Sunday phone chat with my grandmother yesterday and she brought this to my attention. She is not survivalist in the sense that we are, but she grew up in the great depression and has experienced many things in her life. A happy go lucky person by nature, so when this made her suspicious I had to dig a little deeper.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e174223cd94c.jpg[/atsimg]It seems that Anhieser-Busch is canning and stockpiling water for an emergency. I find this interesting because they are based in St. Louis, MO (New Madrid Fault Zone). The mainstream stories on this point out the heavy snowfall and possibility of flooding this spring.
Read about it here:
Anhieser-Busch canning water instead of beer?
Video Here:
Video

The company touts that it has helped with disaster relief as far back as the SF Earthquake of 1906 and has given out more than 5 million cans of packaged drinking water to victims of natural disasters over the past 2 years in this press release:
Press Release
This may be business as usual, but I am suspicious by nature, (I am a member of ATS after all), and wonder with FEMA buying up all the Mountain House food as well as all of the threads and news about the New Madrid fault if this is yet another instance of the power players knowing what is about to go down.
Either way it should make for an interesting conversation. Opinions?

edit on 3/7/2011 by LastStand because: Link issue

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I surely hope no SHTF over there ..for one..that will be a tragedy and will cause ripples over many parts of the globe. It may be that they know something though if one takes their personal survival plan up a bit.. you will find that you don't need to worry that much. You may even fair much better than those who are "Uber-prepared!

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LastStand

They did this during Katrina and Andrew.

I am still a little concerned, because they don't usually do it until a disaster is at hand. The water has a limited shelf-life and it takes up valuable warehouse space.

In my opinion, there are only a couple of reasons to do this. Either they know of an impending disaster that will require even more water than they can produce in a few days. That is a very scary scenario, because one or two days of production is more than enough to provide for most disasters. OR, their business is slow, and they are trying to keep the factories running until demand for beer picks up?

Either of those reasons above, points to major issues for the U.S. If economy is so bad that it has affected beer sales, then we are screwed! OR, if a disaster is looming that will take this much water, then we are screwed. Either way, it looks like we are screwed!

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
mmmmm, sodium fluoride in an aluminum can... sounds refreshing!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Just looked at their website, they bottle a specialty water as well.

Icelandic Glacial
► Full Description► Download PDF► www.icelandicglacial.com.Icelandic Glacial is the first bottled water certified as CarbonNeutral®, the product and operation both have a 'net zero' carbon footprint, benefiting from Iceland's natural green energy sources including geothermal and hydroelectric power..

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

They did this during Katrina and Andrew.

I am still a little concerned, because they don't usually do it until a disaster is at hand. The water has a limited shelf-life and it takes up valuable warehouse space.

In my opinion, there are only a couple of reasons to do this. Either they know of an impending disaster that will require even more water than they can produce in a few days. That is a very scary scenario, because one or two days of production is more than enough to provide for most disasters. OR, their business is slow, and they are trying to keep the factories running until demand for beer picks up?

Either of those reasons above, points to major issues for the U.S. If economy is so bad that it has affected beer sales, then we are screwed! OR, if a disaster is looming that will take this much water, then we are screwed. Either way, it looks like we are screwed!

I got Deep Impact (1998) today.. I feel I need to see it..again.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
While based in St. Louis, AB was purchased by Belgium based Corp, InBev in 2009. So by the looks of it from their website, in comparison to 2009 their stock is up and profit/revenue is up as well.

www.ab-inbev.com...

From a company perspective they could be looking to cash in on "Hype" for the current awareness. This water may also be used for shipping overseas for aid, this is all speculation.

Besides fear mongoring, I can't come up with anything that stands out. Could be nothing

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, lets hope its just canned water.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Wow. Good catch.

So Anheuser-Busch stockpiles canned water to donate for catastrophes. And there's always an emergency situation somewhere. [Which is not to say our Emergency Preparedness people don't anticipate some action on the Madrid fault line.]

But.

Wonder what a can of water is worth? ...The article says the company donates the water, but somebody always pays - if not out of pocket, then in tax deductions. The spokesman specifies that "water takes about two and a half times longer to produce" than beer.

So the company is losing out on profits for 60-70,000 cases of beer. ...What's that worth in tax deductions?

Anheuser-Busch’s Atlanta-area brewery is shutting canned beer production Friday, Feb. 25 in Cartersville, Ga., to run approximately 25,000 cases/600,000 cans of water.
(but)
...can produce 30,000-35,000 cases (of beer) in 8 hours on a line. A similar load of water takes about two and a half times longer to produce.

I'm wondering why cans? Why not 5 gallon bottles? What's the difference in price?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I should be more enlighten, what is the shelf life of water before you need to be concern? (Based on Storage) If nouthing more, keeping this thread going due to the importance of this....

Jesse
edit on 7-3-2011 by jessemole because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies. This is my first thread so be patient with me. Also I am at work and only get a chance to peek in every once in a while. Looking at the dates on my bottled water it is good for 2 years. If I had to guesstimate on the canned stuff at least a year if not more.

I agree that this could be nothing seeing that the company has done this before in the past but it does seem a little strange considering the timing. The loss of profit and the cost of storage for the corporation note makes me curious as well. I have tried looking into any FEMA connections, and FEMA uses them as a case study in this PDF on Mitigation:
PDF PAGE 56
I'm almost positive there may be more connections. I just can't really look for them right now.
Could this just be fear mongering...but admit it...very interesting stuff.
I'll check back again shortly.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
They have been doing this for at least 15 years. When I was a kid, someone gave my mom about 10 cases of recently expired AB drinking water. It might just be that they cant keep it past the expiration date, and continually replenish their supply.

I dont remember why we ended up with it, but I do remember it having an expiration date. It wasn't very good, canned water just has a metallic taste to it.
But as kids, my friends all thought it was cool because it had the Anhieser-Busch logo on it, and we would pretend to get drunk. lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The way I see it, this was inevitable. See, they had cans lying al over the place. And they had water. So one thing led to another and WHAM.…Water-in-a-can.

What would be strange, on the other hand, is if 1) A lot more beer producing factories started towing the same line and 2) If suddenly news breaks that the local water is contaminated.

Because no matter which war you’re in, He who controls the water has won.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I saw this on the news a few days back...
they said they were doing it because the midwest is expecting some serious flooding this spring so they want to get a head start on filling what they expect to be a big order???

so the answer to your question
Anheuser-Busch canning water instead of beer? Do they know something?
is yeah, they do know something, the US weather service gave them a heads up
edit on 7-3-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStand
This may be business as usual, but I am suspicious by nature, (I am a member of ATS after all), and wonder with FEMA buying up all the Mountain House food as well as all of the threads and news about the New Madrid fault if this is yet another instance of the power players knowing what is about to go down.

I was in Pennsylvania a couple of years back, just after the Susquehanna had flooded. The place was a mess, but there were skids of their water placed around the disaster area. We called it FEMA water, and had a taste. It was pretty metallic, but it was there for those who needed. I thought it was noteworthy as having come from a brewery.

A conspiracy? I don't think so...and if it was donated, then just doing the right thing. Americans are still pretty good at coming to the aid of their own, even if sometimes overwhelmed. (katrina)

Quite frankly, if another disaster occurred, and the Feds were caught again with their pants down, there'd be no end of hell to pay...you can't blame them for trying to get ahead of the game.
edit on 7-3-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Being i live 15 or so miles away from the plant, i wonder if any of the canned water is going to make it in any near by gas stations. I have a few friends whos parents work there maybe they can shed some light on this.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RRstl1000

I doubt it. It wouldn't sell very well. It tastes like you are drinking the can. I'm pretty sure it is just for emergencies only.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Why is anyone surprised that Anheuser-Busch are canning water?
Have you ever tried a Budweiser? Especially Bud Light? Water is all that's in those cans!

Granted, it is water flavored with synthetic-beer-imitation and urine. But it's water nonetheless.

Sorry about that, mentioning Anheuser-Busch made me want to vent about crappy beer.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

Yeah, that's got to be awful... Just what is the "shelf life" of sealed water, anyhow? Can't imagine it goes "bad", though I suppose it depends on what it's stored in. Honestly, just never thought about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Interesting to say the least, I do have one question/request. Is there anyone more technologically inclined than I that can enlarge the photo of the can itself and embed the pic? Specifically the image on the can.

Looks to me as if someone has a hand in this other than the Anhieser-Busch company, but I'm just going off of the picture I can see.

Jack.

ETA: Nevermind, I googled it and although it looked to have been a Masonic compass I am mistaken it is just an A but you can see how I saw that right...??? RIGHT???
edit on 03/12/2010 by Jackasszilla because: Added Information

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

They know how to make a buck, prey upon fearful consumers and pollute the environment at the same time.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join