It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MISSOURI~ Heads up..We might be in for a wild ride tonight.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Heads up, fellow Missourians! Looks like we might be in for a wild ride tonight.
Looks like Tennessee might be in for it too..so make some coffee and batten down the hatches!

THE HAZARDOUS WEATHER RISK LEVEL IS...SIGNIFICANT WEATHER HAZARDS EXPECTED... ELEVATED TORNADO RISK. ELEVATED HAIL RISK. SIGNIFICANT THUNDERSTORM WIND DAMAGE RISK. SIGNIFICANT LIGHTNING RISK. DISCUSSION... SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON ALONG AND NORTH OF A WARM FRONT THAT WILL EXTEND FROM JUST NORTH OF A LINE FROM FORT SCOTT KANSAS TO OSCEOLA AND VERSAILLES IN MISSOURI. THE PRIMARY SEVERE WEATHER RISK WILL BE LARGE HAIL...HOWEVER STORMS THAT ARE ABLE TO DEVELOP JUST TO THE SOUTH OF THE WARM FRONT WILL POSE A DAMAGING WIND RISK AND A LIMITED...ISOLATED TORNADO RISK. ANOTHER AREA OF THUNDERSTORM DEVELOPMENT IS EXPECTED DURING THE MID TO LATE AFTERNOON HOURS FROM CENTRAL ARKANSAS INTO SOUTHEAST MISSOURI...POTENTIALLY CLIPPING SOUTH CENTRAL MISSOURI. STORM MODE WITH THIS ACTIVITY WILL BE SUPERCELLS...POSING A RISK OF LARGE HAIL... DAMAGING WIND GUSTS AND ELEVATED RISK FOR TORNADOES.

forecast.weather.gov... utlook

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Good luck and stay safe.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
right over the river from you.. and yeah, we're preparing

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I tried to read the page but the jerks were yellin @ me.
Don't they know where the shift key is??
Either way, sounds like good times there!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Its still pretty quite right now. Its early afternoon yet, but so far so good. Thank you for posting this.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rogertom

TY, TY..hopefully it'll all just blow over

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
right over the river from you.. and yeah, we're preparing

Stay safe..keep your NOAA radio on..Im heading for a nap, just in case im up all night..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

I tried to read the page but the jerks were yellin @ me.
Don't they know where the shift key is??
Either way, sounds like good times there!

Echhh..I'll gladly trade you Cali weather for midwest!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by damilo
Its still pretty quite right now. Its early afternoon yet, but so far so good. Thank you for posting this.

Yes, yes..but being a Missourian, yourself..you know how deceiving that calm can be

Lets just hope it blows through fast!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Blow over???

Careful what you wish for!!!

Kali weather recently has been abit off actually.
We just had a tornado in Sacramento!
I guess i will call it Oklamento now.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Wow..thats kind of rare for Cali, isnt it?

Its pretty much the norm here, although it does mess up my plans, like sleeping...lol

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well now a tornado watch out for OK and KS..so..heeeeere we go

forecast.weather.gov... %20Watch

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Yes I am in Missouri and I am ready. I have flashlights,batteries,crank powered radio, battery operated TV and charged cell phone. My apartment is on the walk out basement level so I will just go into the bathroom. My gf said if it gets too bad tonight we should sleep in the bathroom.(lol). It is about 40 degrees what I am wondering is are they anticpiating a warm up? 40 degrees typically does not produce severe thundertsorms or tornados. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch.
I am also charging up my video camera to get some video of the severe weather. I have been in so many tornado warnings and severe weather that while I am scared I am used to it. It does seem the storms last year were more voilent though.
edit on 27-2-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I wonder if you can have tornados with snow still on the ground?

We have snow on the ground and it is raining.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hope no one gets hurt, keep us updated how you guys are..

I'm in FL, know the feeling, we just had a weird outbreak
mid. jan. tornadoes all over, they were small thank God..
Not much you can do for a tornado except watch for
funnel clouds and stay down....

Good luck, BE safe!!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker

Yes I am in Missouri and I am ready. I have flashlights,batteries,crank powered radio, battery operated TV and charged cell phone. My apartment is on the walk out basement level so I will just go into the bathroom. My gf said if it gets too bad tonight we should sleep in the bathroom.(lol). It is about 40 degrees what I am wondering is are they anticpiating a warm up? 40 degrees typically does not produce severe thundertsorms or tornados. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch.
I am also charging up my video camera to get some video of the severe weather. I have been in so many tornado warnings and severe weather that while I am scared I am used to it. It does seem the storms last year were more voilent though.
edit on 27-2-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

Wow..its 40 where you are?? Its 67 here..the front must be right at my doorstep!

I know what you mean about being scared, but used to it..its quite a thrill! I also have my cam ready..just in case..and my NOAA radio, set on alert..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Yes! We had one here in January that killed a couple neighbors..strange freaky stuff!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
Hope no one gets hurt, keep us updated how you guys are..

I'm in FL, know the feeling, we just had a weird outbreak
mid. jan. tornadoes all over, they were small thank God..
Not much you can do for a tornado except watch for
funnel clouds and stay down....

Good luck, BE safe!!

Yes, TY..and I remember those tornadoes there in FL..very strange, indeed, but seems the weather all over the earth is a bit bizarre lately

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

That is weird.
Well down by ottawa they have severe storms right now. I am in Kansas City,mo and we are under a flood watch,(no suprise there since we have 4 inches of snow on the ground.) and severe thunderstorm watch. IN ottawa they are experiencing ping pong ball sized hail and it is moving northeast. If it gets here after dark there won't be a lot of problems unless the temps drop below freezing and we may be talking about thunder snow or ice storm.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Good luck. I hope nobody gets hurt. Ditto about being in Florida and the weird storms in January!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join